Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5650323 times)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #17895 on: November 07, 2012, 05:47:03 PM »
Also, since Fed Ex usually picks up the packages, wouldn't using them be effectively putting this guy out of his own job?  ???

Yes, you CAN take the packages there yourself, but if you do, you still might have to stand in line!

snowdragon

« Reply #17896 on: November 07, 2012, 09:24:10 PM »
I finally have one for this thread!!

At work we have a mail person whose entire job consits of going to the bank twice a day, picking up and delivering inter-office mail and going to the post office when needed.

I had 8 packages that I am sending express overnight mail via the US Post Office.  The packages are already labeled, sealed and ready to go.  He just asked me if I could please Fed-Ex the packages, because he didn't want to go wait in line at the Post Office.

Ummm - that's your job?!?!  And I'm not going to take the time to find the correct Fed-Ex envelopes, create 8 new mailing labels, etc. etc. just because you don't want to wait in line!!

Man, I already have a follow up - and now we're getting dangerously close to Professional Darwinism territory. 

Our mail person sent a follow up email to my boss and I indicating that it is slightly more expensive to use Fed-Ex but "it would be worth it to not have to stand in line at the Post Office".

Still don't care - do your job!

May I have their job? Please?

Addy

« Reply #17897 on: November 07, 2012, 11:32:28 PM »

At work we have a mail person whose entire job consits of going to the bank twice a day, picking up and delivering inter-office mail and going to the post office when needed.

I had 8 packages that I am sending express overnight mail via the US Post Office.  The packages are already labeled, sealed and ready to go.  He just asked me if I could please Fed-Ex the packages, because he didn't want to go wait in line at the Post Office.

Ummm - that's your job?!?!  And I'm not going to take the time to find the correct Fed-Ex envelopes, create 8 new mailing labels, etc. etc. just because you don't want to wait in line!!

Man, I already have a follow up - and now we're getting dangerously close to Professional Darwinism territory. 

Our mail person sent a follow up email to my boss and I indicating that it is slightly more expensive to use Fed-Ex but "it would be worth it to not have to stand in line at the Post Office".

No kidding, that job sounds awesome, especially as I lost my job last March. I would kill for that job!

snowdragon

« Reply #17898 on: November 08, 2012, 12:04:34 AM »

No kidding, that job sounds awesome, especially as I lost my job last March. I would kill for that job!

I hope you find a job soon, I have been out of work for two years, I know how it feels.

Hazmat

• This Veteran is heavily medicated for your protection
  • How can I miss you if you won't go away?
    • Chronus Is Latin For Time
« Reply #17899 on: November 08, 2012, 04:21:58 AM »

I hope you find a job soon, I have been out of work for two years, I know how it feels.
July for me, although I got mad and quit, something I should have done a long time ago.   
A guest is a jewel on the cushion of hospitality. -Nero Wolfe

Indiana

Christabeldreams

« Reply #17900 on: November 08, 2012, 08:21:44 AM »
The specialest special snowflake I ever encountered was a girl who made a tumblr purely to mock a friend of mine and then got all righteous when it was taken down. She complained that she was a viiiiiiiiictiiiiiim and my friend was the one harrassing HER!

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17901 on: November 08, 2012, 09:24:08 AM »
Saw someone in a black Lexus with handicapped tags this morning.....running three stop signs, including a left turn across three lanes of traffic to get into the center turn lane - it seems that when they were about to get to the stop sign, there was a gap in traffic and they just couldn't WAIT long enough to observe that STOP at the STOP sign or they'd miss their turn.....

Sadly, they apparently live in my neighborhood - so I might be running into them again.....I just hope that they don't run into ME!
Maybe that's how they got that handicapped plate...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Reader

« Reply #17902 on: November 08, 2012, 09:57:07 AM »
I saw a woman electing her kids to be winners of the Darwin award last night does that make her a snowflake?   This is was the second time I have seen her do this now.  Every night on my drive home from my first job I drive over very, very active railroad tracks, as in we can get up to about 5 trains in a 9-5 period, and more in the evenings.  The road I turn left on after crossing the tracks then puts the tracks parallel to my car on the left.  There is a sidewalk on the right side of the road.  Where do you think this woman has her 5 kids, most who look under 10 walk?  Directly down the railroad tracks! :o If it matters, the right side of the road with a sidewalk is easily accessible with a crosswalk and a traffic light.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17903 on: November 08, 2012, 10:13:21 AM »
...   Where do you think this woman has her 5 kids, most who look under 10 walk?  Directly down the railroad tracks! :o If it matters, the right side of the road with a sidewalk is easily accessible with a crosswalk and a traffic light.

I would call the police about this one.  That's not just Darwinish.  That's incredibly dangerous!!  :o

deadbody

« Reply #17904 on: November 08, 2012, 10:53:08 AM »
...   Where do you think this woman has her 5 kids, most who look under 10 walk?  Directly down the railroad tracks! :o If it matters, the right side of the road with a sidewalk is easily accessible with a crosswalk and a traffic light.

I would call the police about this one.  That's not just Darwinish.  That's incredibly dangerous!!  :o

honestly this one doesn't bother me that much.  It's not like a train can sneak up on you.  They make a lot of noise and vibration coming, and you have more than sufficent time to get out of the way.  Unless there is no way to cross the street, and no way to leave the tracks on the other side (like maybe it's a railroad bridge) I think this is a non-issue.

Jones

« Reply #17905 on: November 08, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »
An acquaintance posted on FB today "Seriously considering telling people who ask me to baby or petsit to f--- off." Another person posted "I think you just did :) "

I turned to DH and said "I am so glad we've never asked her to baby or dog sit." He agreed with me. It's one thing to post "I just want to let everyone know that I can't watch your wards," it's another to curse at your (general) friend and family list because someone asked you to watch a single house trained dog.

Ah well, at least I've been warned!

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #17906 on: November 08, 2012, 11:21:19 AM »
An acquaintance posted on FB today "Seriously considering telling people who ask me to baby or petsit to f--- off." Another person posted "I think you just did :) "

I turned to DH and said "I am so glad we've never asked her to baby or dog sit." He agreed with me. It's one thing to post "I just want to let everyone know that I can't watch your wards," it's another to curse at your (general) friend and family list because someone asked you to watch a single house trained dog.

I think some people would even be offended by that. 

Jones

« Reply #17907 on: November 08, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »

I think some people would even be offended by that.
Yeah, but at least it's polite, so then they would be the special person.  :D Up until today I didn't even know that she doesn't pet/kid sit, this is the first I've heard of it. A few polite words is a much better way to let people know than dropping the f bomb.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #17908 on: November 08, 2012, 12:06:16 PM »
Saw someone in a black Lexus with handicapped tags this morning.....running three stop signs, including a left turn across three lanes of traffic to get into the center turn lane - it seems that when they were about to get to the stop sign, there was a gap in traffic and they just couldn't WAIT long enough to observe that STOP at the STOP sign or they'd miss their turn.....

Sadly, they apparently live in my neighborhood - so I might be running into them again.....I just hope that they don't run into ME!
Maybe that's how they got that handicapped plate...

My son and husband were wondering if their handicap was mental....I was wondering about visual problems....I drive a BIG silver van.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Virg

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17909 on: November 08, 2012, 12:54:14 PM »
Addy wrote:

"No kidding, that job sounds awesome, especially as I lost my job last March. I would kill for that job!"

If you'd kill for a job, there are better paying positions than mail handling.  Look into trash jobs in New Jersey.  >:D

Anyway, on a more serious note, deadbody wrote:

"honestly this one doesn't bother me that much.  It's not like a train can sneak up on you.  They make a lot of noise and vibration coming, and you have more than sufficent time to get out of the way."

Firstly, you'd be very surprised how a train can come up behind you and you don't notice until it's close by.  It seems counterintuitive but I've seen it happen (and had it happen to me in my youth) more than once.  But more to the point, she had five children in tow, and when you need to get five young kids to do anything, you can easily lose track of one or more for a few seconds, and that's all it takes to end up in a position where some of the kids are on one side of a moving train and some on the other.  While you'd think it's not a big deal, a lot of sober people get killed walking on train tracks every year, so I agree that this is one for the police.

Virg