News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 04, 2015, 05:38:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 6551548 times)

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #18345 on: December 09, 2012, 03:32:55 PM »

I don't want to argue and don't see any harm in humoring her I offer to do her another one, as she is going on that she doesn't want to get sick with my germs.

I did not tell her that all the Cakes had been put in that nice big stack by me, wearing another pair of the cloves.
I just put the cake back on the pile (she had picked it up with tongues) when she was not looking.

Had she just asked me to do her another using the paper as she doesn't like the gloves, I would say she was not an SS. It was the tone she used to talked to me, like I was dirty and stupid.
[/quote]

I think spell-check should have been picked up with tongs, not tongues!!
picking up a cookie/cake by your tongue is just not right anywhere!

:P ;) :P
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

dawnfire

« Reply #18346 on: December 09, 2012, 04:19:40 PM »

I don't want to argue and don't see any harm in humoring her I offer to do her another one, as she is going on that she doesn't want to get sick with my germs.

I did not tell her that all the Cakes had been put in that nice big stack by me, wearing another pair of the cloves.
I just put the cake back on the pile (she had picked it up with tongues) when she was not looking.

Had she just asked me to do her another using the paper as she doesn't like the gloves, I would say she was not an SS. It was the tone she used to talked to me, like I was dirty and stupid.

[/quote]

though it would be interesting to see   :P

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18347 on: December 09, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »

It would indeed.  I was wondering if the lady was actually a chameleon in disguise.   ;D

Spellcheck doesn't catch properly spelled words used wrongly.  Google "Ladle Rat Rotten Hut" which flies right through spellcheck.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sedorna

« Reply #18348 on: December 09, 2012, 04:49:04 PM »

It would indeed.  I was wondering if the lady was actually a chameleon in disguise.   ;D

Spellcheck doesn't catch properly spelled words used wrongly.  Google "Ladle Rat Rotten Hut" which flies right through spellcheck.

Or maybe she bought a couple cow tongues to pick up cake. I'm picturing her (even though I don't know what she actually looks like), getting increasingly annoyed as the flopping cow tongues aren't doing a blasted thing in helping her pick up the cake.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18349 on: December 09, 2012, 06:35:39 PM »
Or maybe she bought a couple cow tongues to pick up cake. I'm picturing her (even though I don't know what she actually looks like), getting increasingly annoyed as the flopping cow tongues aren't doing a blasted thing in helping her pick up the cake.

Now that conjures up a mental picture I never want to imagine seeing in a bakery!!   ;D

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #18350 on: December 09, 2012, 07:09:12 PM »
Sorry

I try and be as careful as I can, but got called away before I could proof read it for the Millionth time. I am Dyslexic.
The funny thing was as I was writing that I thought, check which Tong/Tongue to use. guess I forgot  :o

My best friend always says my FB post make her day interesting.

Totally off topic but etiquette hell has helped me loads with my spelling and grammar, because I care what you lot think, I put loads and loads of effort in to my posts. does mean it takes me an our to write a sort post.

Incidentally thats why I am laud_shy_girl when I meant to be loud_shy_girl
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:11:37 PM by laud_shy_girl »
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

JennJenn68

« Reply #18351 on: December 09, 2012, 07:17:10 PM »

And here I thought that you were trying to speak up for shy people everywhere and celebrate them accordingly... I've always thought that your handle was quite clever!

"Loud Shy Girl"--now I'm thinking of the song by Flanders and Swann...  "She's shy, she's shy, she as sensitive as you or I..."

Jones

« Reply #18352 on: December 09, 2012, 07:23:06 PM »

And here I thought that you were trying to speak up for shy people everywhere and celebrate them accordingly... I've always thought that your handle was quite clever!

"Loud Shy Girl"--now I'm thinking of the song by Flanders and Swann...  "She's shy, she's shy, she as sensitive as you or I..."
I just read it with a Scottish accent :)

That being said, believe me, Laud, your posts are much more coherent/readable than some of the paperwork I am handed on a regular basis to process at work.

War_Doc

« Reply #18353 on: December 09, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »
Let's get back to Special Snowflake stories please.  Take the cake conversation to another topic.
By their victory, the 3rd, 4th and 5th Marine Divisions and other units of the Fifth Amphibious Corps have made an accounting to their country which only history will be able to value fully. Among the Americans who served on Iwo Island, uncommon valor was a common virtue."

--Admiral C. W. Nimitz

MissRose

« Reply #18354 on: December 10, 2012, 07:05:32 AM »
On my way to church yesterday morning, it was snowing some outside.  One person flew by me with his large pickup truck that was partly covered in snow and the front window and others part of my car got his residue of snow and ice.  Good thing I had been running my wipers due to the snow coming down.

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18355 on: December 10, 2012, 07:15:49 AM »
For a second, Sis considered just handing her the cart and re-doing her shopping,

Why on earth would she even remotely consider rewarding such bad behavior?
Words mean things.

weeblewobble

« Reply #18356 on: December 10, 2012, 07:53:44 AM »
For a second, Sis considered just handing her the cart and re-doing her shopping,

Why on earth would she even remotely consider rewarding such bad behavior?

Because she didn't enjoy standing in a public place having a loud confrontation with a stranger.   :-\

exitzero

« Reply #18357 on: December 10, 2012, 08:14:20 AM »
On my way to church yesterday morning, it was snowing some outside.  One person flew by me with his large pickup truck that was partly covered in snow and the front window and others part of my car got his residue of snow and ice.  Good thing I had been running my wipers due to the snow coming down.
A friend of mine stopped at a red light once and notice the woman next to him had only cleared off a little port-hole sized space in the snow on her windshield. How lazy can you get? He was so furious that he hopped out of his car and took the 10 seconds to clear the rest of the windshield she wasn't a menace on the road.

She rolled down the window and giggled and said Thank you!

He snapped back, "I didn't do it for YOU!"

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #18358 on: December 10, 2012, 08:39:55 AM »
A friend of mine stopped at a red light once and notice the woman next to him had only cleared off a little port-hole sized space in the snow on her windshield. How lazy can you get? He was so furious that he hopped out of his car and took the 10 seconds to clear the rest of the windshield she wasn't a menace on the road.

She rolled down the window and giggled and said Thank you!

He snapped back, "I didn't do it for YOU!"

This is my pet peeve living in the South - people that don't clean their cars off before they leave the house. I'm not talking totally clear, but the big accumulations on the roof, side and back as well as the entire windshield. I've had several near accidents when a big van or SUV with a three inch thick accumulation of (mostly ice) and snow has had it finally come free when the car warmed up and the while sheet came flying towards me, at highway speeds. it's stupid, it's dangerous, and it's lazy. Come on, a broom (they even make special 'snow brooms' for this purpose) and five minutes will get the worst of it, and that's all that's necessary.

MrTango

« Reply #18359 on: December 10, 2012, 09:30:48 AM »
In the Minneapolis, MN area, some places got over a foot of snow yesterday.

When I pulled into the parking ramp at work this morning, I was amazed that people would drive with 12+ inches of snow still on the roof of their vehicles.

Luckily for me, I didn't have to brush my car off, but that's why I pay extra for a heated, underground parking space at my apartment.