Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5538412 times)

mmswm

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #18885 on: January 13, 2013, 04:31:52 PM »
I hate Miami, really I do.  Today's specialness comes courtesy of the dog park.

Ummm, what part of "Dog Park" do people not understand.  I go there to let my dog socialize with other dogs.  I keep him on the "over 35lbs" part of the park. He's well behaved, he comes when he's called, and he's gentle enough that I have no issues letting my disabled 10 year old manage him (with me right there, of course).  I realize he's huge, but I'd be more afraid of most Chihuahuas than I would be of this dog, even if he wasn't mine.  He's just a big, slobbery goober.

So, just why, irritating SS lady, do you think that you have the right to tell me I shouldn't bring my dog to the dog park.  If you don't like dogs, don't come to this park.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

dirtyweasel

• Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
« Reply #18886 on: January 13, 2013, 05:32:02 PM »
This happened a few weeks ago, but it still boggles my mind that people are this special.  Hubby and I live in an apartment complex where we get one assigned parking spot.  These spots are easily recognized as assigned parking spots because they're covered, have large numbers on them and when you come into the parking lot a large sign notes all of these things including the fact that non-covered parking spots are for guests.

A few months ago I came home from work and noticed that someone had parked in our spot so after waiting for twenty minutes I called the tow truck company and waiting outside for them to tow the car that was in our spot.  While I was waiting for the tow truck to arrive, the teenage girl who owns the car came outside and I informed her that she was parked in our spot and that she needed to move it immediately or I would have it towed next time.  She thanked me and told me that it wouldn't happen again, etc, etc...no big deal.  I've parked in the wrong spot before so I didn't think it was a big deal.

Well, about two weeks ago, my husband and I came home from a movie around midnight and noticed that the SAME CAR was parked in our spot so we called the tow company and while he was taking our information out walks the teenage girl.  I tell her that this is the second time that she has parked in my spot and that I need her to move immediately in which her reply is to roll her eyes and say, "Okay, whatever!" followed by "Merry f****ing Christmas!"  Unfortunately, I lose my cool and tell her to get the ehell out of my spot, that I would be calling the front office in the morning and lodging a formal complaint against her (since I have pictures of her car/license plate parked in my spot on two different occasions along with the tow truck guy being a witness to all of this since he's standing a few feet away when all of this happens).

I kid you not, she replies, "Well, I saw your car parked in one of the open spots so I thought you weren't going to use your spot tonight." 

In which I replied, "We have two cars!"

At this point my husband chimes in and tells her in a stern voice, "You need to leave now, this is getting ridiculous!"

Her reply, "I will, but you need to control your b***ch!"

As soon as she says that my husband grabs me and both the tow guy, who has been watching this the whole time, and my husband tell her that she needs to leave immediately before someone calls the police.  People....I have never been so angry in my life and it still makes my blood boil thinking about this.  To think that there are people this stupid and entitled in the world.   >:(       

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #18887 on: January 13, 2013, 06:18:46 PM »
Her reply, "I will, but you need to control your b***ch!"

Wooo, buddy. The politest thing I can say is that I would have been one angry woman if someone said that to me.

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

Adelaide

« Reply #18888 on: January 13, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »
The friend I gave the Cut Direct to asked me out twice, and hinted around it several times. He insisted that the only reason we hadn't gone out was because he wasn't taller. (He's shorter than me by a good 6 inches.)

When I finally told him to stay out of my life forever (not in those words but similar ones) he would tell all of our mutual friends that "Adelaide hates me now" and he would refuse to elaborate on it. Once he met an acquaintance of mine, found out she was friends with me, and told her to pass along the message that I should stop being mad at him.

I've posted about him on here several times before but the slew of rom-com related SS-ness brought back the memories of this guy. I don't know what it is about the whole acquaintance running after a train/bypassing airport security/telling you earnestly that you're meant to be that Hollywood likes, but it's odd in the real world.

Jones

« Reply #18889 on: January 13, 2013, 07:00:51 PM »
My credit union is open part time on Saturday. This results in a lot of people trying to get their banking done quickly, as those who work office hours generally can't make it in on a weekday (unless it's on lunch and they're pretty busy then too). So, there was a woman in line in front of me, waiting for a teller. A very nice looking young man--6 foot something, business attire, trimmed hair etc.--came in, walked up to her and handed her a wallet. With a smile he explained that he'd seen her drop it in the parking lot a moment before, he'd been on the opposite side of the lot but was certain she'd been the one who dropped it. She took it and started counting the money in it, without a thanks. His smile wilted a bit and he stiffly said that it was all there. She nodded bruskly, finished her counting and tucked it into her coat pocket. He apparently realized he wasn't getting a thank you and he left the building.

A few minutes later the woman hollered across the lobby at an entering friend of hers that she was there to get some charges taken off her account as her card had been stolen recently. I wasn't sure what was more snowflakey at that point--that she didn't thank the honest person or that, after her debit card had been stolen and fraudulently used, she would drop her wallet in the parking lot and not check her pocket for it while standing in a long banking line. Oh yes, and hollering her private business across the lobby...

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #18890 on: January 13, 2013, 07:08:10 PM »
Well, now we know DQ moved to wherever dirtyweasel lives.  ;D
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #18891 on: January 13, 2013, 08:04:39 PM »
Well, now we know DQ moved to wherever dirtyweasel lives.  ;D
Or her progeny. :)

Nibsey

« Reply #18892 on: January 13, 2013, 08:04:49 PM »
My credit union is open part time on Saturday. This results in a lot of people trying to get their banking done quickly, as those who work office hours generally can't make it in on a weekday (unless it's on lunch and they're pretty busy then too). So, there was a woman in line in front of me, waiting for a teller. A very nice looking young man--6 foot something, business attire, trimmed hair etc.--came in, walked up to her and handed her a wallet. With a smile he explained that he'd seen her drop it in the parking lot a moment before, he'd been on the opposite side of the lot but was certain she'd been the one who dropped it. She took it and started counting the money in it, without a thanks. His smile wilted a bit and he stiffly said that it was all there. She nodded bruskly, finished her counting and tucked it into her coat pocket. He apparently realized he wasn't getting a thank you and he left the building.

A few minutes later the woman hollered across the lobby at an entering friend of hers that she was there to get some charges taken off her account as her card had been stolen recently. I wasn't sure what was more snowflakey at that point--that she didn't thank the honest person or that, after her debit card had been stolen and fraudulently used, she would drop her wallet in the parking lot and not check her pocket for it while standing in a long banking line. Oh yes, and hollering her private business across the lobby...

I inadvertently hurt the feelings of someone who found my wallet once. We were about to go on holidays and had just popped into my inlaws when I realised I couldn't find my purse with all our holiday money in it. We realised SO had left the car open and the last time I remembered seeing said purse was in the car so we assumed it had been robbed from the car. After a while one of the neighbours from around the corner came to the door with the lost purse as I had my SO's ID in it. Now we were no where near this neighbours house so I assumed the thief had taken the money and tossed the wallet. So as soon as the neighbour handed me the wallet I checked for the money.
The problem was the neighbour was a settled traveller (stereotyped as thieves) so he got really upset and said he didn't take anything from it and it was all there. I hadn't said thank you either yet cause I was trying not to cry with relief. Once he saw that I was crying and had calmed down a bit and explained why I checked the purse it was all ok.
We figured the dog brought my wallet for a walk.  ::) And I baked a cake for the family to say thank you when I came back. I know in your story the lady was most definitely a SS (no doubt about it) but it reminded me of mine cause for a minute or two I came across as one too!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 08:06:28 PM by Nibsey »
“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”- Douglas Adams
Éire (Ireland)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18893 on: January 13, 2013, 08:22:04 PM »
I wish I could thank the person who returned my wallet, going above and beyond to do so, but I don't know who she was.  I'd left it at a fabric store in Annapolis; my driver's license was in my pocket, so there was nothing in it with my address on it.  I'd checked with the fabric store, no, no wallet in their lost and found.  I had just cancelled my credit cards when my insurance agent called; the person who had found it had turned it in to them, figuring that they must have contact information for me.  The insurance agent was in Linthicum, a good 15 miles from Annapolis!

So, nice wallet-lady, if you are reading, THANK YOU!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #18894 on: January 14, 2013, 05:21:31 AM »
We were shopping the day before yesterday, and I normally avoid this grocery store like the plague because it's always crowded.  Add to that, nobody seems to have any concept of personal space.  I split off from the "core group" to check something out, and it took me five minutes to find my way back because of this.  I was cutting down an aisle to get to the front of the store again, and two people with shopping carts (coming from opposite ends of the aisle) recognized each other, stopped their carts side-by-side, and began to hold a conversation.  I waited to see if they'd notice me, then said "Excuse me, can I please get by?"  All the aisles were crowded, and I had already turned back from two aisles because they were so clogged with people. 

The two women glared at me, then one moved her cart.  I thanked them, and  continued on my way, hearing, "--in the middle of our conversation!  How rude!"  Sorry, ladies, but the world isn't going to end if your deep philosophical debate about 'Soda Brand A' vs 'Soda Brand B' is interrupted.  I don't know if I was rude or not to interrupt them and ask if I could pass, but I do know it's rude to block the aisle so that no one can get by, and I was just this close to having a panic attack from so many people violating my personal space bubble.  They could have had their conversation just as easily if they parked their carts single-file.

Or, on closer inspection, am I the SS for asking them to move?  I dunno...  :-\

Reika

« Reply #18895 on: January 14, 2013, 05:23:36 AM »
Or, on closer inspection, am I the SS for asking them to move?  I dunno...  :-\

You were fine. Those two women? Not so much. Drives me bonkers when people do that kind of thing.

Iris

« Reply #18896 on: January 14, 2013, 05:24:40 AM »
We were shopping the day before yesterday, and I normally avoid this grocery store like the plague because it's always crowded.  Add to that, nobody seems to have any concept of personal space.  I split off from the "core group" to check something out, and it took me five minutes to find my way back because of this.  I was cutting down an aisle to get to the front of the store again, and two people with shopping carts (coming from opposite ends of the aisle) recognized each other, stopped their carts side-by-side, and began to hold a conversation.  I waited to see if they'd notice me, then said "Excuse me, can I please get by?"  All the aisles were crowded, and I had already turned back from two aisles because they were so clogged with people. 

The two women glared at me, then one moved her cart.  I thanked them, and  continued on my way, hearing, "--in the middle of our conversation!  How rude!"  Sorry, ladies, but the world isn't going to end if your deep philosophical debate about 'Soda Brand A' vs 'Soda Brand B' is interrupted.  I don't know if I was rude or not to interrupt them and ask if I could pass, but I do know it's rude to block the aisle so that no one can get by, and I was just this close to having a panic attack from so many people violating my personal space bubble.  They could have had their conversation just as easily if they parked their carts single-file.

Or, on closer inspection, am I the SS for asking them to move?
  I dunno...  :-\

No way! You were completely fine. The two women were inconsiderate to start with and rude to comment after you'd politely asked them to make way.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18897 on: January 14, 2013, 09:50:18 AM »

Or, on closer inspection, am I the SS for asking them to move?
  I dunno...  :-\

No way! You were completely fine. The two women were inconsiderate to start with and rude to comment after you'd politely asked them to make way.

NOpe you were fine. I was also grocery shopping yesterday and encountered my own SS's. Several couples who felt the need to park their cart, and then one would stand next to it, blocking the aisle, discussing in minute details what they needed to buy, and why. Also, those who feel the need to park their carts parallel to differnt areas, freezer cases, and so on. i get that you might need to peruse the selections, but pelase don't block it all for the rest of us!

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18898 on: January 14, 2013, 09:54:29 AM »
I hate it when people decide to just stop dead in a crowded grocery store, in the middle of an aisle or walkway area, to check their list or coupons or phone. We encountered several of those yesterday. One person popped out of an aisle in front of us and stopped dead, and my husband couldn't avoid hitting the guy with our cart. It's like everyone is off in their own little world in the grocery store.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #18899 on: January 14, 2013, 09:57:08 AM »
I have to admit that when I'm at the grocery store, if there are a lot of people at the other end of the aisle, I'll turn back around and go out the way I came in rather than needing to negotiate my cart past theirs or ask them to move.  Not if there's an obviously open path, but if there are a bunch of people and somebody would need to move themselves or their cart.  It's just not worth it sometimes.

I often need to stop to check coupons, but I do try really hard to stop off to the side and maintain situational awareness (notice if somebody appears to want to check the display behind me so that I can move).