Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5414947 times)

mmswm

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #19350 on: February 03, 2013, 09:28:56 PM »
This is a nasty SS: When the lights went out in the stadium, my radio station jokingly posted that they should put Beyonce back on because "she can turn on anything."

The nasty part? Someone replied " She couldnt even have a baby. They closed down the entire maternity ward so her surrogate could. In case some people don't know that little nugget."  >:(  >:(

Oh, dear heavens!  Now disregarding my personal opinions of the whole maternity ward thing (lets just say I will never, ever, ever spend even one penny on anything that either of them are connected to), but that comment was so far out of line the poster needs a grappling hook and several lengths of rope to find it again.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19351 on: February 03, 2013, 09:33:21 PM »
This is a nasty SS: When the lights went out in the stadium, my radio station jokingly posted that they should put Beyonce back on because "she can turn on anything."

The nasty part? Someone replied " She couldnt even have a baby. They closed down the entire maternity ward so her surrogate could. In case some people don't know that little nugget."  >:(  >:(

Oh, dear heavens!  Now disregarding my personal opinions of the whole maternity ward thing (lets just say I will never, ever, ever spend even one penny on anything that either of them are connected to), but that comment was so far out of line the poster needs a grappling hook and several lengths of rope to find it again.

Yeah I don't even really care all that much about what Beyonce did with all that, it's just sort of a blip on my radar, cause I just am not the hugest fan of either of them anyway so it just wasn't that big a deal to me.

But the remarks about her needing a surrogate were really unkind and uncalled for.  >:(

ETA One of the deejays responded to the guy saying "Postersname-Dislike"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Hillia

« Reply #19352 on: February 03, 2013, 09:36:02 PM »

Yeah I don't even really care all that much about what Beyonce did with all that, it's just sort of a blip on my radar, cause I just am not the hugest fan of either of them anyway so it just wasn't that big a deal to me.

But the remarks about her needing a surrogate were really unkind and uncalled for.  >:(

Especially since she just shared that she had a miscarriage a few years ago.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

sunnygirl

« Reply #19353 on: February 03, 2013, 10:41:26 PM »
I will never understand this trend of inventing conspiracy theories that various celebs didn't really give birth, they actually faked their pregnancies with prop bumps and secretly hired a surrogate. In Beyonce's case we saw pictures of her heavily pregnant in a bikini!

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #19354 on: February 03, 2013, 11:09:31 PM »
I will never understand this trend of inventing conspiracy theories that various celebs didn't really give birth, they actually faked their pregnancies with prop bumps and secretly hired a surrogate. In Beyonce's case we saw pictures of her heavily pregnant in a bikini!

There is a Youtube conspiracy video that says she didn't actually have a baby - she is carrying around a very realistic doll.

On a somewhat related note, I had to stop watching conspiracy videos. They are like tabloids written by methheads. I was starting to scream at the screen.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Amava

« Reply #19355 on: February 03, 2013, 11:13:33 PM »

That's more than just a bit "special snowflake" or even rude... that's just downright nasty and horrible.
Why would someone say something like that? To make themselves look interesting or something? Does that really make them feel better about themselves?
I don't care whether it's about a celebrity or about someone else. You (generic you) just don't /say/ such things about a person!  :o

CuriousParty

« Reply #19356 on: February 03, 2013, 11:42:38 PM »
I would not be in tears, OR in a pizza joint with my brother, as he would be in jail.

Oh, that story ticks me off!

I do feel bad for the sister, and I'm sure she was frustrated and angry as well.  I know there are times when I get so angry that I do cry so it's possible they were tears of anger.

But I feel bad for her mostly because I get the impression that her brother's always been a SS that she was expected to cater to, based on his attitude.  And if he was catered too, possibly the tears of frustration and fury were because she knows that if she turned him in she'd hear hell from their mother. 

Or maybe it's all the ehell SS stories. *chuckle*
Oh, I have sympathy for her, and sympathy for tears of anger, too - but the situation described would have me in the white-hot-rage state that does not equal tears for me.

I have a lot of sympathy, actually, as I have sibs who have a powerful sense of their own entitlement, and a mother who agrees with them, as I am not even the Bronze Child - more like the also-ran. I learned long ago though that I could resent my mother for giving me hell, or I could go right ahead and tell her to keep her opinions to herself. Chose the second path. Much preferred the result.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #19357 on: February 04, 2013, 01:19:55 AM »
This is my favorite flash mob that I've seen yet.  And thankfully it's a song I know by heart so it's not a problem that I don't speak or understand Polish! LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXgCrhIevwU

I love the way they did it.
I love the people who joined in and danced with the singers. :)
I once attended a performance of CATS where, when the Rum Tum Tugger came down off the stage to dance with someone in the audience, the woman would. not. dance. She wouldn't even stand up. I told someone about it and she cried out, 'No! You've gotta dance with the Rum Tum Tugger!'
That became a sort of motto for us, how you need to seize the moment and the experience, rather than worrying about whether you'll look foolish, or whatever else you were doing.

Yes, because the woman couldn't possibly have had medical issues that made it difficult to stand and hard if not impossible to dance.

I wouldn't have done it because I don't dance and I'm severely uncomfortable with people staring at me like that. I don't even like managers from other departments complimenting me to my face.

Redsoil

« Reply #19358 on: February 04, 2013, 04:47:16 AM »
Well done, weeblewobble!!!  Here's to your shiny new spine, sense of self-respect, and dedication to showing your kids a different way.  Congrats!
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19359 on: February 04, 2013, 06:34:35 AM »

There is a Youtube conspiracy video that says she didn't actually have a baby - she is carrying around a very realistic doll.

On a somewhat related note, I had to stop watching conspiracy videos. They are like tabloids written by methheads. I was starting to scream at the screen.

I often wonder what those who are hardcore conspiracy theorists must be on.  There's skepticism and there's living in a whole other world where that kind of elaborate scheme is actually possible.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Kiara

• My dragons!
« Reply #19360 on: February 04, 2013, 09:19:57 AM »

Dang.  Our conspiracy theories were a lot more fun, and clearly in jest.  We all speculated that the Avengers did it, since a few of the actors are 49ers fans.  One good arrow or a repulsor blast can do a lot, you know.   ;)

(Was that 98 Rock?  I can see Mickey and Amelia saying that.)

BabylonSister

• Shake it!
« Reply #19361 on: February 04, 2013, 09:27:56 AM »

The nasty part? Someone replied " She couldnt even have a baby. They closed down the entire maternity ward so her surrogate could. In case some people don't know that little nugget."  >:( >:(

I don't have any feeling one way or another toward Beyonce but I find that comment in horrible taste.  Also, what on Earth could "she couldn't even have a baby" mean? Becoming pregnant and carrying the pregnancy to term are not achievements.  Couples struggling with infertility need compassion, not shame.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19362 on: February 04, 2013, 11:38:53 AM »

Dang.  Our conspiracy theories were a lot more fun, and clearly in jest.  We all speculated that the Avengers did it, since a few of the actors are 49ers fans.  One good arrow or a repulsor blast can do a lot, you know.   ;)

(Was that 98 Rock?  I can see Mickey and Amelia saying that.)

It was 106.9 the Eagle, but it wasn't a DJ who said it, but rather a fan of the page.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19363 on: February 04, 2013, 11:40:23 AM »

The nasty part? Someone replied " She couldnt even have a baby. They closed down the entire maternity ward so her surrogate could. In case some people don't know that little nugget."  >:( >:(

I don't have any feeling one way or another toward Beyonce but I find that comment in horrible taste.  Also, what on Earth could "she couldn't even have a baby" mean? Becoming pregnant and carrying the pregnancy to term are not achievements.  Couples struggling with infertility need compassion, not shame.

Methinks someone was wanting something nasty to say about her and that was their opportunity to bring that up as a dig.   

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
« Reply #19364 on: February 04, 2013, 01:07:22 PM »
The "she's not really pregnant" comments are already starting about Kim Kardashian. I don't really understand that either. There are plenty of celebrities who use surrogates and openly admit it; it's not a shameful thing. So why try and shame women who choose to use a surrogate?