Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 4401155 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #19485 on: February 16, 2013, 08:13:56 AM »
I think I may have been a bit SS tonight. I'm on day 14 of a horrific migraine and I'm just not in the mood to deal with anything.  I had to go to the grocery store, and as it's Cheap Chocolate Day, I browsed the clearance bins.  There was a bag of chocolate that I like with a large sticker on it with a marked down price.  I had a half dozen other items.  The bag of chocolate was the last thing scanned, but it scanned for full price. I questioned the price and the cashier said that the price on the large, day-glo orange sticker was only valid with the rewards card.  I said, you know what, you can keep it, and started walking away.  She shouted after me, asking if I was just going to leave the rest of the stuff and I replied that I was just leaving, and kept walking.

Now, the whole rewards card thing bothers me anyway, but most stores use them.  I've begrudgingly accepted this fact.  The line here was the large day-glo orange price sticker that said nothing about a rewards card, just a price.  That's what sent me over the edge.  I didn't raise my voice, but I probably should have been nicer about it, or maybe even bought the rest of the stuff, as I really needed the other stuff and wound up going to a different store (one that doesn't use discount cards) to get what I needed.

While I have nothing against rewards cards, especially when they earn me discounts on gas, I would have been irritated by that too.   I don't have ESP and as you said, it wasn't indicated that price was for reward cards only so I can see your irritation on that one. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #19486 on: February 16, 2013, 08:39:42 AM »
Going back to the locker room story, I went to the bathrooms today in a shopping centre and to my surprise saw a 12 year old boy among the stalls!

12 is waaaaaay to be old to wait with Mum in the bathroom. I draw the line at 6 or 7 maybe. Didn't wait around for the mother, but if I had seen her I would have estimated her. Must have been a SS to think her 12 year old son could come with her to the ladies room!

Whaaaaaaat?  :o :o :o That's like, puberty age..... Creepy! I feel kind of bad for that poor kid to get drug in there, but if it had been a locker room I'd be throwing a crazy fit to management. I don't prance around naked or anything, but that is just was too weird.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

doodlemor

« Reply #19487 on: February 16, 2013, 12:00:48 PM »
Going back to the locker room story, I went to the bathrooms today in a shopping centre and to my surprise saw a 12 year old boy among the stalls!

12 is waaaaaay to be old to wait with Mum in the bathroom. I draw the line at 6 or 7 maybe. Didn't wait around for the mother, but if I had seen her I would have estimated her. Must have been a SS to think her 12 year old son could come with her to the ladies room!

Are you sure he was with his mother?  Maybe he is a problem child who went in there himself to see what he could.  Stranger things have happened.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #19488 on: February 16, 2013, 12:14:10 PM »
Overprotective parents and grandparents do strange things. During our trip to Magic Kingdom two weeks ago, in two different bathrooms in completely different parts of the park, there were boys age 11 - 13 in the ladies room. Even though there are family/companion restrooms right next door! It can be very uncomfortable for everyone else.

snowdragon

« Reply #19489 on: February 16, 2013, 12:25:43 PM »

Whaaaaaaat?  :o :o :o That's like, puberty age..... Creepy! I feel kind of bad for that poor kid to get drug in there, but if it had been a locker room I'd be throwing a crazy fit to management. I don't prance around naked or anything, but that is just was too weird.

I would have been speaking to management over 12 year olds in the ladies room. especially since there were family rooms.

SCAJAfamily

« Reply #19490 on: February 16, 2013, 01:10:29 PM »
"What age a child of the opposite sex should be allowed in a public bathroom" arguements never end well online.

If I had a special snowflake story to beandip with, I would...
SCAJAfamily = dd S 21, ds C 14, ds A 11, dh J and myself dw A

Carotte

« Reply #19491 on: February 16, 2013, 01:11:02 PM »

Are you sure he was with his mother?  Maybe he is a problem child who went in there himself to see what he could.  Stranger things have happened.

And are you sure it was a boy? I say that because I was a late bloomer and always a tomboy with short hair so I was once asked if I was in the right bathroom (I was younger than 12 but still).

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19492 on: February 16, 2013, 01:45:43 PM »

And are you sure it was a boy? I say that because I was a late bloomer and always a tomboy with short hair so I was once asked if I was in the right bathroom (I was younger than 12 but still).

When I was 13 my Mom made me get an awful haircut. It was supposed to be a pixie cut, but it just looked flat out like a boy's haircut and since I was very straight up and down body wise at that age, and dressed like a tomboy, I was mistaken for a boy constantly until my hair grew out.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #19493 on: February 16, 2013, 01:49:30 PM »

A paranoid SS who thinks every bathroom has monsters lurking in it.  What is sad is the paranoid SS parents are potentially setting their sons up to be arrested. In many places in the US it is illegal for a man to be in the women's restroom.

Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #19494 on: February 16, 2013, 01:56:56 PM »
Why do they bother with so many changing rooms? I usually only see two, male and femal.

When we join ( and in newsletters ) we are told that this arrangement is for the "safety of the children"  One of the directors got really blunt about it and would say " Because no adult who doesn't have kids, should ever be alone in a room with a child."

In other wors - adults without kids are dangerous to children

My take on it is that it might be for the protection of the innocent - whether an innocent child or an innocent adult....

Trying to prove that you weren't the adult who assaulted an innocent child isn't easy - as a relative who got investigated found out.  Physical evidence ruled him out but wouldn't prove who did it of the other suspects.....it's been about eighteen years now.  He moved after being cleared...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

NyaChan

« Reply #19495 on: February 16, 2013, 02:02:45 PM »
I am working with a partner on a pro bono case at school.  We are writing a document that will be submitted to a court and while initially we had a lot of time to do it, the SS has slowly eaten away at that cushion.  This past week or so, I've pretty much hit my breaking point.

A revised draft was due right after our long weekend.  We decided to meet on the Saturday morning before the due date at 10 am.  I get up at 8, I'm ready by 8:30 and then Ring! Text message from SS - "Hey, I'm going fishing today so go ahead and go back to sleep.  We'll do it later"  Too late for that as I am tired but awake, and now I'm angry because I left an important event early the night before to make sure I was ok to get up and work this morning.  The night before the due date, SS has not contacted me to reschedule, but really we can work separately so I figure it isn't a big deal.  On my way to the office to finish up the document and turn it in, I text him asking about which file I should combine with my own & whether he was ready for me to turn in the document and he replies: "Yeah, I'm really drunk right now.  You'll have to use your best judgment." Well I check the documents and whaddya know - He hasn't made ANY revisions or done any of the other tasks he was supposed to do.  I stay up late trying to do the best I can even though his section is not really in my area of expertise and try to turn it in the next morning. 

Supervisor realizes that SS hasn't even read the revisions I made let alone revised his section on his own and gives it back to us saying, okay why don't you guys try again so that I get a document that both of you are ready for me to read.  New due date is in 2 days.  SS indicates to me that he's sure this won't take long at all and that he'll be working on it the next day.  Come the morning of the due date, I contact him again asking if I should turn in the document or if he is at the office to do it.  No response.  I go in and check and again, he hasn't made any changes! 

I start fixing it myself in the 2 hours I have left while trying to contact him with no success.  Then I turn it in and of course the Supervisor is not happy that I'm the only one who revised it.  So I get scolded.  SS finally responds to me at the end of the day  - "I was out on another case and forgot my phone at home.  Guess you don't realize how much you need your cell until you don't have it."  Well he was out with another student who is in the same program as us and DID have her cell phone.  But really, there's no need to contact me and let me know that I need to do his share of the work as well as my own right?

Sigh. 

suzieQ

« Reply #19496 on: February 16, 2013, 03:15:02 PM »
The bathroom SS stories reminded me of mine:

BG/ when I am asleep and have to go to the bathroom, a lot of the time I will dream that I'm trying desperately to find a bathroom, but the only ones available have men in them! So I'm trying to find a stall with a door, etc. /BG

Imagine my discomfort when I walked into the bathroom at work (clearly labeled girls) and there was a man doing his daughter's hair. Yep. He comes to pick her up from our care and takes her into the bathroom to do her hair. Child is in second grade and fully capable of changing her own clothes, Dad could do her hair in the hall or another room. But he repeatedly does her hair in the girls bathroom. He has been walked in on a number of times, and spoken to about it at least once, but he still does it.

I went ahead into a stall and went while he was in there. Not too happy about it, but I had to go badly, and didn't have time to wait for him to finish with his DD's hair, which is what he wanted me to do. He apologized to me after I left the stall. If you feel bad about your actions, quit repeating them Mister!

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #19497 on: February 16, 2013, 04:44:08 PM »

He was with someone. He was standing next to a closed stall door. Pressed flat against it for some reason. If I hadn't needed to go urgently I might have waited for the door to open. By the time I came out they had left.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
« Reply #19498 on: February 16, 2013, 05:26:22 PM »
Why do they bother with so many changing rooms? I usually only see two, male and femal.

When we join ( and in newsletters ) we are told that this arrangement is for the "safety of the children"  One of the directors got really blunt about it and would say " Because no adult who doesn't have kids, should ever be alone in a room with a child."

In other wors - adults without kids are dangerous to children

My take on it is that it might be for the protection of the innocent - whether an innocent child or an innocent adult....

Trying to prove that you weren't the adult who assaulted an innocent child isn't easy - as a relative who got investigated found out.  Physical evidence ruled him out but wouldn't prove who did it of the other suspects.....it's been about eighteen years now.  He moved after being cleared...
Yes. A friend on another forum was walking along a path in a park. A little girl ahead of him tripped and fell down.  Her mother turned around and started screaming "What did that bad man do to you, Baby?  Somebody call 911, this man assaulted my child!"  ::)   It took the combined efforts of other hikers to convince her that Friend didn't touch the child, that he wasn't even near her, because the mother didn't even believe the child's own report that she fell, complete with skinned hands and knees.

Poor Baby is growing up believing that EVERYONE out there is a predator, waiting to pounce on her.   :(
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
« Reply #19499 on: February 16, 2013, 05:48:50 PM »
That reminds me of this Not Always Right story. The poetic justice seems a little too perfect so it might not be 100% true, but still. http://notalwaysright.com/carting-her-off-to-justice/26651