Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5057279 times)

Library Dragon

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #20160 on: March 24, 2013, 07:52:01 PM »
...    just as I'm stepping up to receive the cup the man turns around, comes back to the cup and drinks all the wine ...

Hmmm.   Maybe he only came to mass for the wine!  And he wanted to be sure he got it ALL.

Oh, then I would really question his taste!  Too sweet.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20161 on: March 24, 2013, 07:53:48 PM »
...    just as I'm stepping up to receive the cup the man turns around, comes back to the cup and drinks all the wine ...

Hmmm.   Maybe he only came to mass for the wine!  And he wanted to be sure he got it ALL.

Oh, then I would really question his taste!  Too sweet.

True.  But desperate people aren't known for being picky. 

diesel_darlin

« Reply #20162 on: March 24, 2013, 08:10:35 PM »
That man would be sorely disappointed if he did communion at my church. We use grape juice.  ;D

Rohanna

« Reply #20163 on: March 24, 2013, 08:19:53 PM »
The parking stories reminded me of a SS a couple years ago. Our mall has a rather smallish parking lot, considering it's the only mall in a 90=mile range. During the holidays there are "satellite" lots that people can park in and ride a bus to get to the mall. Pre-Christmas shopping is always a nightmare because parking is such a premium.

Nobody told the SS with an extended cab truck attached to a full-sized camper, who took up more than 10 spots for over 24 hours.

The mall should post tow-warning signs and removed him to the nearest lot after the mall closed that evening.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. ~ Jack Layton.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20164 on: March 24, 2013, 08:26:06 PM »
That man would be sorely disappointed if he did communion at my church. We use grape juice.  ;D

Ah ... Methodist!!   ;D

diesel_darlin

« Reply #20165 on: March 24, 2013, 08:39:45 PM »

Ah ... Methodist!!   ;D

Nope! Baptist. My mom is Methodist though! ;D

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #20166 on: March 24, 2013, 09:18:22 PM »
I almost ran into two SS's yesterday, when I pulled into a strip mall to get lunch.  Two ladies walked out of the restaurant, into the parking lot, and then just stood there, talking to each other, in the middle of the lane.  I pulled up and stopped, waiting for them to move.  Apparently this made them think I was trying to run them over or something.  One lady said something to the other lady while pointing at me.  Second lady turned around, gave me a dirty look and flipped me off, then stomped off to her car.  I'm sorry I interrupted your conversation in the middle of the parking lot because I, you know, wanted to park.  ::)

katiescarlett

« Reply #20167 on: March 24, 2013, 09:38:11 PM »

So does my church.  We have grape juice at communion every single Sunday.  He would've been disappointed at my church too.

Library Dragon

« Reply #20168 on: March 24, 2013, 10:04:21 PM »
Are you using the portion control cups too?   :P

Sorry, couldn't resist.  I grew up in a church that used the little cups.  When I was a chaplains' assistant in the Army I had to fill those up.  Worse, I had to wash them all too. 

Jocelyn

« Reply #20169 on: March 24, 2013, 10:07:05 PM »

Sorry, couldn't resist.  I grew up in a church that used the little cups.  When I was a chaplains' assistant in the Army I had to fill those up.  Worse, I had to wash them all too.
There are pumps you can attach to the bottle, sort of like liquid soap pumps, for filling communion cups. As for washing them, get plastic baskets, fill with the cups, and submerge them in bleach water. Swish-swish. Rinse.

Library Dragon

« Reply #20170 on: March 24, 2013, 10:42:11 PM »

There are pumps you can attach to the bottle, sort of like liquid soap pumps, for filling communion cups. As for washing them, get plastic baskets, fill with the cups, and submerge them in bleach water. Swish-swish. Rinse.

That is much easier. 

Unfortunatly one of the chaplains I worked for wouldn't let me do that because his wife didn't trust it to be as clean as individually washing them with a cloth.  He and she were a whole lot of SS.  Because I was single they thought he could tell me how to run my personal life, including what I read, where I travelled, etc.  I'm stopping now.  He's one of those bosses from whom I learned how not to treat staff.

redsfan

« Reply #20171 on: March 24, 2013, 11:02:10 PM »
I grew up Methodist.  Communion isn't an everyday thing in that denomination, and one of my first times was memorable.   My friend decided she really liked the bread and grape juice and went up after services asking for seconds.  The poor usher was flabbergasted  ;D

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #20172 on: March 24, 2013, 11:46:56 PM »
I grew up Methodist.  Communion isn't an everyday thing in that denomination, and one of my first times was memorable.   My friend decided she really liked the bread and grape juice and went up after services asking for seconds.  The poor usher was flabbergasted  ;D

It took DH about six months to find the right way to ask where our church got their communion bread because it was just that good  ;D  (Kroger's store-brand Hawaiian bread, if anyone's curious!)

gmatoy

« Reply #20173 on: March 25, 2013, 12:01:06 AM »

Well, me too! Although I got my Chaplain to buy disposable cups when we had an out break of a flu type illness. :) Then back to washing up!

katiescarlett

« Reply #20174 on: March 25, 2013, 12:19:21 AM »

Well, me too! Although I got my Chaplain to buy disposable cups when we had an out break of a flu type illness. :) Then back to washing up!

My church uses little disposable cups.  They are filled by hand (no pump) from the juice bottle before worship every Sunday morning.  When I was a kid, we would snag them after church, my mother would wash them, and we would play church with the cups (filled with our own grapejuice) and saltine crackers.