Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5278741 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #20235 on: March 31, 2013, 02:48:08 PM »
Yep.  They nailed a guy here some years back for grand theft and malicious destruction of property because store cameras caught him poking holes in the wrappings of baked goods.  He tried the same trick "It's only a little package of donuts!  It's only 75 cents!"  "It only affects a couple slices of bread!  Only 10 cents!"

But he'd been doing it for YEARS and getting away with it with the same excuse when he got caught.   It wasn't until a new manager sat down and added things up that they realized that he'd destroyed over $5000 worth of baked goods. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20236 on: March 31, 2013, 02:48:29 PM »
Special snowflake or cheapskate?

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/28/dale-peterson-explains-bizarre-arrest-for-eating-peanuts/

Either way, it's over the top, imo.   :o

The article begins by referring to the jar as being cashews.  Then somewhere along the line those cashews magically convert themselves into peanuts!  That's some metamorphosis!

Seems like there's lots of memory loss going on there.   ???

Jocelyn

« Reply #20237 on: March 31, 2013, 02:53:26 PM »

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/28/dale-peterson-explains-bizarre-arrest-for-eating-peanuts/

The article begins by referring to the jar as being cashews.  Then somewhere along the line those cashews magically convert themselves into peanuts!  That's some metamorphosis!

Seems like there's lots of memory loss going on there.   ???
I shudder to imagine how big a $13 jar of PEANUTS would be.  ::)

Reika

« Reply #20238 on: March 31, 2013, 03:01:05 PM »
Having been caught once with an item that had been opened before I purchased it and didn't realize it until I got home, I do check everything before buying it.

And I'm afraid I was rolling my eyes while reading the article.

Carotte

« Reply #20239 on: March 31, 2013, 03:15:52 PM »
Light threadjack - question but, what are the 750$ for? Yearly club membership ? (he says his monthly account was due but I can't believe someone would pay  9000$ to shop for less, 750$ already seems so much to me!).

mmswm

« Reply #20240 on: March 31, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »
I assumed it was a store credit card.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #20241 on: March 31, 2013, 04:39:52 PM »
Kind of off-topic, but I work with folks who've never heard of the Ides of March.   I quoted a Wayne and Shuster sketch on March 15 (Canadian folks may know it - "Don't go, Julie, don't go!   It's the Ides of March; BEWARE already!"), and boy, did I get some weird looks.

I'm Australian and I remember at play when I was in school. I played Calpurnia and said that line

BB-VA

« Reply #20242 on: March 31, 2013, 05:24:07 PM »

Yes, that is what it was.

He is already in trouble with WalMart for shoplifting beer, but after the last sentence of the article, I would think he would be in worse trouble with his wife.

And he thinks the Alabama establishment is out to get him??? He has done a great job on his own.
"The Universe puts us in places where we can learn. They are never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, it's the right place and the right time. Pain that sometimes comes is part of the process of constantly being born."
- Delenn to Sheridan: "Babylon 5 - Distant Star"

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #20243 on: March 31, 2013, 05:30:32 PM »

Yes, that is what it was.

He is already in trouble with WalMart for shoplifting beer, but after the last sentence of the article, I would think he would be in worse trouble with his wife.

And he thinks the Alabama establishment is out to get him??? He has done a great job on his own.

There probably isn't anything anyone can do to change his mind, either.  I hear this every day at work (in a prison)...
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #20244 on: March 31, 2013, 06:13:28 PM »

A crook that thinks his position means he gets to steal. Brett is 5 yo and knows you don't eat food in the grocery story - until you paid for it.  I had to assure him 3 time that it was ok for us to put money in the honor box at the Brack's display at the grocery store. (I was coughing and decided to grab a mint to stop the tickle. So I told the kids that could have a piece and gave them money for the honor box)

A grown man knows that you don't open a sealed container, eat out of it, then put it back. I don't buy for a second that he forgot -he is just an entitled jerk. I hope they don't drop the charges, maybe up them to product tampering for opening a sealed container and putting it back. Him calling his wife lazy in an interview is just another nail in the coffin.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20245 on: March 31, 2013, 06:38:42 PM »
The other day I found myself at the store without my pen. I had made my list with it and thought I'd put it in my purse and didn't realize till we got there that I'd forgotten.  Well since I write down how much each item costs so we don't go over our budgeted amount, I needed a pen and got a pack from the stationary aisle and opened it, putting the package in my cart.  The kids were shocked but I explained it was okay so long as you pay for it.   

Which I did.  I needed new pens anyway.  I don't like eating in the store though so don't eat anything I've bought until it's paid for.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Figgie

« Reply #20246 on: March 31, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »
My youngest worked as a server in a bar while she was attending college.  This particular bar was hooked up to a restaurant and had an outside patio that was only open when the weather was warm.

So, she was working her shift and was the only server in the bar last February.  The opening to the patio from the outside was blocked off with a chain, the chairs were stacked on top of the tables and everything was covered with several inches of snow and ice.

Which seems to have been the equivalent of a sign that of course the patio was open for service.  She heard someone pounding on the inside door between the bar and patio (which was locked and had several feet of drifted snow in front of it), went to the door to see that a group and pulled chairs off of the tables.  They then screamed at her about the crappy service and demanded to be served NOW!

She told them she was sorry, but that the patio was closed and there was no service being provided outside.  She got screamed and cursed at, so she shut the door, re-locked it and went back to serving the customers inside the bar. 

The group from the patio then entered the bar and she hoped that they had given up, but no...they only entered the bar to scream at her and demand again that she serve them out on the patio. 

This is the snow covered patio with the temperature in the low 20's that was not open!

Fortunately, the bar manager was a pretty no-nonsense sort and she told them they could be served inside the bar or the restaurant or they could leave.  They chose to leave. 

But what kind of people behave like that???

Library Dragon

« Reply #20247 on: March 31, 2013, 06:56:39 PM »

Having lived in Alabama for decades I can tell you he's considered both by many and to be getting odder by most residents.  At east in my region of the state. 

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

doodlemor

« Reply #20248 on: March 31, 2013, 07:23:23 PM »

But what kind of people behave like that???

People who are already drunk.  Good for the manager for getting rid of them.

mmswm

« Reply #20249 on: March 31, 2013, 07:37:33 PM »

Having lived in Alabama for decades I can tell you he's considered both by many and to be getting odder by most residents.  At east in my region of the state.

His behavior reminds me of my grandmother when she was in the early stages of dementia. That's the only reason why I didn't have an instant "self-entitled jerk" reaction.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)