Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5750147 times)

Reika

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #20295 on: April 02, 2013, 03:09:51 PM »
If I could have reached around her, I probably would've tried after her snarky response. But she had herself parked right in front of it with her stuff spread out on the counter in front of it.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20296 on: April 02, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »
If I could have reached around her, I probably would've tried after her snarky response. But she had herself parked right in front of it with her stuff spread out on the counter in front of it.

^^^ Of course none of us would ever actually DO this, but in my mind I have this image of my forearm just happening by accident to land on the counter top and ... oops!  clumsy me ... my arm just swipes all her stuff away from the front of the microwave and onto the floor.   >:D

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #20297 on: April 02, 2013, 03:16:35 PM »

^^^ Of course none of us would ever actually DO this, but in my mind I have this image of my forearm just happening by accident to land on the counter top and ... oops!  clumsy me ... my arm just swipes all her stuff away from the front of the microwave and onto the floor.   >:D

Or a well-timed sneeze.  One of those scenes that you play out in your head, but would never actually do.  ;D

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20298 on: April 02, 2013, 03:20:17 PM »

Or a well-timed sneeze.  One of those scenes that you play out in your head, but would never actually do.  ;D

^^^  Oooo ... I like yours much better!  With mine, someone would have to clean up the mess on the floor.  With your scenario, the mess would be more  ... well, 'localized'.   ;D

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20299 on: April 02, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »

I still would have moved her items to get to the microwave, not in a confrontational way but just in a "surely you are joking, I'm am going to use the microwave now" way.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #20300 on: April 02, 2013, 03:49:42 PM »
We only have one microwave and 20 people. If someone did that, there would be riots!

Virg

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20301 on: April 02, 2013, 04:11:35 PM »
gramma dishes wrote:

"^^^ Of course none of us would ever actually DO this, but in my mind I have this image of my forearm just happening by accident to land on the counter top and ... oops!  clumsy me ... my arm just swipes all her stuff away from the front of the microwave and onto the floor."

That would be unspeakably rude.  And of course, it's a lot easier to use the door of the microwave to sweep her lunch off the counter.  So how could you think of such a thing?!?   ;D

Virg

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #20302 on: April 02, 2013, 04:19:48 PM »
The microwave hog story just reminded me of an incident that happened a few years ago at Target. I started to turn my cart onto the cleaning products aisle only to find it blocked a few feet in by two women. One had a cart and the other didn't and they were just chatting - not shopping at all.  The woman with the cart had turned the thing nearly perpendicular to the aisle so there was no way past her.

I said "Excuse me" but they continued to talk without even looking up. Thinking they hadn't heard me I said "Excuse me please" a bit louder, to which the lady with the cart responded by giving a dismissive wave and saying "Go around!" (meaning go all the way around to the other end of the aisle) without even looking at me.

I had to bite my tongue to avoid shouting "How about No?!" I settled for saying nothing and moving her cart out of my way.

Esan ozenki!

Arizona

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20303 on: April 02, 2013, 04:27:54 PM »
I trend toward the assertive and some of these stories just get my blood boiling!  In the circumstance of the shopping cart, I understand wanted to avoid an altercation, but depending on logistics I would have physically moved her cart out of the way with a smile.  "No thanks, I'll just move this for you."

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #20304 on: April 02, 2013, 06:54:26 PM »
We only have one microwave and 20 people. If someone did that, there would be riots!

Believe it or not, this has actually happened before...in my prison, though, not an office.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

BB-VA

« Reply #20305 on: April 02, 2013, 09:57:17 PM »
Peacocks...we used to have a neighbor who kept them.   The would yell in March and that was pretty much it for noise.  They would escape every now and then and come to visit.   That could be pretty much any time of the year.

We had one dog who would get hysterical at them as long as they were on the ground.  Once on the roof or in a tree, however, he  was fine.  We found out that peacocks/peahens fly better than you would think they could.

They also love dry cat food.  At the time, we had some outdoor cats and we had a metal pan in the carport for them.  The carport is beside the bedroom  Early on Saturday mornings, we would hear this horrendous rattling outside the bedroom window which turned out to be a group of peacocks/peahens surrounding the cat pan and scarfing down kittykibble as fast as they could.

(We did find out from another peacock fancier that they use the kittykibble for peacock treats, so we weren't too worried about poisoning them)
"The Universe puts us in places where we can learn. They are never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, it's the right place and the right time. Pain that sometimes comes is part of the process of constantly being born."
- Delenn to Sheridan: "Babylon 5 - Distant Star"

Jocelyn

« Reply #20306 on: April 02, 2013, 10:07:27 PM »

If the couple in question is not near a decent-sized city, I can understand their frustration, but even less-sprawling metropolis' have vegan restaurants and/or menus.

* as others have mentioned - it's the labor not necessarily the food driving prices, especially pasta. We're not talking Kobe steak here.

50-60 restaurants in the past year? That's better than a new restaurant every week. They don't just find a restaurant, and patronize it regularly? I mean, that's what I do...I'd have to eat out every day to be able to enjoy my favorites plus finding a new restaurant every week (not that there's anything wrong with that, but if I could afford to eat all my meals out, I'd just hire a caterer to deliver them to my house!)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:11:15 PM by Jocelyn »

Moralia

• That's just tacky, tacky, tacky!
« Reply #20307 on: April 02, 2013, 11:23:46 PM »
Peacocks...we used to have a neighbor who kept them.   The would yell in March and that was pretty much it for noise.  They would escape every now and then and come to visit.   That could be pretty much any time of the year.

We had one dog who would get hysterical at them as long as they were on the ground.  Once on the roof or in a tree, however, he  was fine.  We found out that peacocks/peahens fly better than you would think they could.

They also love dry cat food.  At the time, we had some outdoor cats and we had a metal pan in the carport for them.  The carport is beside the bedroom  Early on Saturday mornings, we would hear this horrendous rattling outside the bedroom window which turned out to be a group of peacocks/peahens surrounding the cat pan and scarfing down kittykibble as fast as they could.

(We did find out from another peacock fancier that they use the kittykibble for peacock treats, so we weren't too worried about poisoning them)
I am convinced that they must put heroin or something else addictive in cat food.  EVERY critter seems to love the stuff. When we'd feed the cats every animal would try and get to their feeder. Dogs, peafowl, chickens, geese, possums, bunnies and even ponies were caught at one time or another trying to access the cat food. And yes, everybody else was getting their proper food.

Starchasm

• And the mome raths outgrabe.
« Reply #20308 on: April 02, 2013, 11:29:12 PM »

I am convinced that they must put heroin or something else addictive in cat food.  EVERY critter seems to love the stuff. When we'd feed the cats every animal would try and get to their feeder. Dogs, peafowl, chickens, geese, possums, bunnies and even ponies were caught at one time or another trying to access the cat food. And yes, everybody else was getting their proper food.

For the record, hissing cockroaches love it too!  ;D

IslandMama

« Reply #20309 on: April 03, 2013, 07:08:30 AM »

And kids... my kids have all loved kittykibble.  And I'm not talking baby goats.  The only reason my youngest (7 1/2 months) will cry is because he's dropped his fruit (banana, apple, mango, nectarine, peach, lychee, pineapple... makes no difference) or I've moved the cat bowl where he can't reach it.   ::)

Oh, and I miss peacocks.  Where we lived before this had peacocks and I keep murmuring to my husband about how much I miss them.  We could hand feed them and they weren't that noisy.  Hey, the birds that flock in now (rainbow lorikeets and others like it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Lorikeet) are far, far worse.