Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5520323 times)

TeamBhakta

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #20745 on: April 29, 2013, 04:07:49 PM »
There was an SS women sitting behind me at a restaurant, discussing horses with a friend. She was mocking another horse owner who wanted to put up a memorial in a horse show stall, to mark the one year death of her horse. SS took great pleasure in  imitating her ("Wah wah, my horse is dead, I wanna honnnorrr himmm. What a dummy, it's just a horse. She's sooo stupid, who cares about her horse").  :(

snowdragon

« Reply #20746 on: April 29, 2013, 05:09:41 PM »
There was an SS women sitting behind me at a restaurant, discussing horses with a friend. She was mocking another horse owner who wanted to put up a memorial in a horse show stall, to mark the one year death of her horse. SS took great pleasure in  imitating her ("Wah wah, my horse is dead, I wanna honnnorrr himmm. What a dummy, it's just a horse. She's sooo stupid, who cares about her horse").  :(

This type of thing rates really high on my pet peeves.  You don't mock those that another person loves. no matter who or what they are.

Hillia

« Reply #20747 on: April 29, 2013, 05:15:47 PM »
Ah, my BIL.

BG: BIL was the golden child growing up.  He's older than DH by 3 years, and he got the first, best, and often the only of everything.  Cub Scouts?  IL's threw themselves into it for BIL, but 3 years later, they were 'burned out' on scouts, so DH never got a turn.  Etc.  Anything DH had, BIL took, and their parents made only half-hearted protests.  DH is very, very nonconfrontational by nature, and it was always just easier to give in, not argue, etc than to start a fight.  DH moved away from home when he was 21, met me shortly thereafter, and began building his own life and learning to be his own person.

In 2011, DH and BIL both enrolled in the same technical school.  BIL resumed his old patterns of behavior, taking DH's shop supplies, talking down to him, etc.  DH mainly gritted his teeth and got through it, although he did push back a bit, much to BIL's surprise and irritation.  After graduation BIL returned to live with their parents, and DH got a great job in a great location a few months later.  We've moved, just bought a house, and are very happy here.

One of their teachers recommended BIL to a man who owns a business in the field that they trained in, about 2 states away from their homestate.  He's looking for someone to learn how to run the business, then buy it from him in a few years when he's ready to retire.  BIL wants DH and I to move up there with him so he won't be alone   ::).  DH turned him down, citing only that he loves his job and where we're living, not mentioning the toxic environment that BIL creates.  So now BIL is whining on Facebook and to anyone who'll listen about how he had his big chance but can't take it because - sigh - the support just isn't there.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #20748 on: April 29, 2013, 05:17:36 PM »
When I burst into spontaneous hysterical laughter on my upcoming LV trip I choose to blame y'all.

>:D

It was so bad when DH and I went 10 years ago that we started collecting call girl trading cards.  It became a game for us trying to get a complete set.  (Kinda like Pokeman...gotta get them all!)

We made a card game/drinking game out of it. It was pretty awesome... now I want to hunt up the rules.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Iris

« Reply #20749 on: April 29, 2013, 05:25:38 PM »
Ah, my BIL.

BG: BIL was the golden child growing up.  He's older than DH by 3 years, and he got the first, best, and often the only of everything.  Cub Scouts?  IL's threw themselves into it for BIL, but 3 years later, they were 'burned out' on scouts, so DH never got a turn.  Etc.  Anything DH had, BIL took, and their parents made only half-hearted protests.  DH is very, very nonconfrontational by nature, and it was always just easier to give in, not argue, etc than to start a fight.  DH moved away from home when he was 21, met me shortly thereafter, and began building his own life and learning to be his own person.

In 2011, DH and BIL both enrolled in the same technical school.  BIL resumed his old patterns of behavior, taking DH's shop supplies, talking down to him, etc.  DH mainly gritted his teeth and got through it, although he did push back a bit, much to BIL's surprise and irritation.  After graduation BIL returned to live with their parents, and DH got a great job in a great location a few months later.  We've moved, just bought a house, and are very happy here.

One of their teachers recommended BIL to a man who owns a business in the field that they trained in, about 2 states away from their homestate.  He's looking for someone to learn how to run the business, then buy it from him in a few years when he's ready to retire.  BIL wants DH and I to move up there with him so he won't be alone   ::).  DH turned him down, citing only that he loves his job and where we're living, not mentioning the toxic environment that BIL creates.  So now BIL is whining on Facebook and to anyone who'll listen about how he had his big chance but can't take it because - sigh - the support just isn't there.

:o :o :o
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #20750 on: April 29, 2013, 05:41:57 PM »
And by support he means hand outs.  Jerk.   >:(

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20751 on: April 29, 2013, 05:47:08 PM »
And by support he means hand outs.  Jerk.   >:(

And free labor.  After all, if BIL is owner/management, why would he do the grunt work?

Hillia

« Reply #20752 on: April 29, 2013, 05:55:13 PM »
Because I am a cynical, awful person, I also believe he is so anxious to have us up there because I make a nice salary.  We were fortunate that DH was able to attend trade school without having to take a part time job; my salary was enough to support us if we were careful.  I'm sure BIL sees that as 'Hillia has tons of money...that's really DHname's...and that means he OWES it to me if I need/want it'.  So, yeah.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #20753 on: April 29, 2013, 06:02:33 PM »
Has anyone managed to explain it to him that no one is taking away his chance?

rain

« Reply #20754 on: April 29, 2013, 08:13:24 PM »
 ::)

saw one at the Wally World parkinglot yesterday - DH was driving, and a lady walked out in front of us without looking.  AFTER she was in front of the moving car/in the aisle she looked straight at DH and looked shocked - as if we'd appeared out of nowhere.
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #20755 on: April 29, 2013, 10:18:06 PM »
::)

saw one at the Wally World parkinglot yesterday - DH was driving, and a lady walked out in front of us without looking.  AFTER she was in front of the moving car/in the aisle she looked straight at DH and looked shocked - as if we'd appeared out of nowhere.

I don't see that as a Special Snowflake. I see that as incredibly absentminded.

doodlemor

« Reply #20756 on: April 30, 2013, 12:00:54 AM »

This type of thing rates really high on my pet peeves.  You don't mock those that another person loves. no matter who or what they are.

Absolutely POD.

She might have thought that she was telling about the horse owner, but she told any listeners much more about herself with a comment like that.

Miss Tickle

« Reply #20757 on: April 30, 2013, 01:27:50 AM »
Because I am a cynical, awful person, I also believe he is so anxious to have us up there because I make a nice salary.  We were fortunate that DH was able to attend trade school without having to take a part time job; my salary was enough to support us if we were careful.  I'm sure BIL sees that as 'Hillia has tons of money...that's really DHname's...and that means he OWES it to me if I need/want it'.  So, yeah.

Ah, yes. The "You have more money than me so you owe me." snowflake.

"Della" was married to "Reese", DH's cousin. Della wanted to be a Party Planner back before I knew that was a thing.  Della wanted my "support". I said, Sure! Sounds like a great idea! Go for it! But that wasn't what she meant.

I suppported her first effort with many hours of labour and $250.00 in expenses with the promise of repayment upon completion of the party. After she said she didn't make enough to pay me back so she offered to plan my upcoming Halloween party.

I found strange resistance from her that I expected to fund the entire cost and not charge my guests. She flaked on meeting after meeting but I heard lots of I have planned, I'm doing, or I'll be bringing... when I could catch her on the phone.
I organized the decorations, food, drinks and entertainment myself, with her "blessing".

The day comes and Della, Reese and two couples they invited arrive about an hour before the party. I thought they were Della's help.  I was soon disabused of that idea. They brought with them a large pinata.

She was shocked that we'd decorated.  She was upset that all the food was purchased and prepped. She was irritated that we'd already bought all the alcohol (I got the feeling she was expecting to be handed a substantial amount of cash at the onset).

But most of all she needed a little more time to finish the pinata she brought. Della disappeared to the back room to finish and DH's cousin and both guys went out for a smoke only to come back after the guests started to arrive.  One of the girls, the Hooker with a heart of gold (she had a big gold heart pinned on her skimpy little outfit), asked if there was any other food. The other if we had anything "else" to drink after the offer of water or a soft-drink, since, you know I thought they were working with the "party planner". She gladly helped herself to the bar.

The party was legendary. The pinata was a disaster.  The Hansen Brothers got into a fight with each other and Jabba the Hutt got stuck in a hallway with the Green Party. Cops were dancing with bikers.  Osama and Bush were hugging. Pandemonium, I tell you.

As the party wound down the Pimp/Hooker and the other two (Waiters? Goths? Ninja?) approached, wanting me to PAY THEM for "working" from the time they got there. I counter-offered to pay their cab fare home and boy were they mad to find out I had an account and wouldn't be giving them cash. Della and Reese slept it off in the back room.  In the morning we took them out for breakfast and Della handed me an invoice.

The invoice said: party planning - staff - custom pinata. Less 280 paid. total $500.00 payable now."

I paid $250.00 for a pinata I didn't ask for, and from then until we stopped seeing them, whenever anyone asked what Della "did", she'd say she was going to be a Party Planner, but she didn't get any support, and look mournfully at us, but at least she never again asked for my "support".

snoopygirl

• everybody loves an irish girl
« Reply #20758 on: April 30, 2013, 07:16:26 AM »
The other day I saw a guy who was a special snowflake and really clueless to boot. DH and I were going shopping at the local shopping centre that has an underground car park. There is a ramp that goes down to this with two  lanes both clearly marked exit and entrance ( and it's marked on both sides).  We of course were going through the lane marked entrance. As was the guy  exiting the car park. I have no idea why but he was lucky we were driving slow. DH could have hit him ( head on) if we were going any faster and didn't see him. Hubby honked his horn and the guy switched lanes after giving us a smile and a wave. Why he did that I have no idea. I  just glad we had time  for him to get out of our way and there were no cars behind us that would have had to stop suddenly.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20759 on: April 30, 2013, 09:45:05 AM »
This fits somewhere between SS and Cheapskate threads.  It's also criminal.

We visited family in a University town during move-in week.  We stayed at our usual hotel near the campus.  On this visit, we experienced something we never had before and couldn't even imagine.

In the middle of our stay, a hotel employee came to our room to do a 'chair inventory'.  It seemed odd but we figured it out and when we did we were appalled.

The hotel had very nice desk chairs and arm chairs in the rooms. It would be quite easy for two young, strong men to carry a chair down the back stairwell, load it into a van in the parking lot and take it away to an off-campus student residence. 

We asked a front desk person about this and learned that the theft of chairs was common enough that the inventory had to be taken during move-in week.  The chairs in our room were nice because they had to be replaced so often. That was also why the rates during move-in week were higher than usual.