Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5285543 times)

nuit93

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #21615 on: June 14, 2013, 03:05:10 AM »
Speaking of SS at Disney: I read on another site about someone wanting to know where there aren't cameras at Disney. So they can try to get pregnant at Disney. They were considering the guest parking lot as a possibility, too.

Seems to me that might prove to be a SnowFlakus Interruptus occasion with help from Disney's security department if they really do try that.

Also, the kid (please don't name him Mickey or Ariel or any other Disney-fied name) will be unable to remember trips to Disneyland fondly after finding out why his parents used to go there so often...

Browyn

« Reply #21616 on: June 14, 2013, 10:05:57 AM »
Speaking of SS at Disney: I read on another site about someone wanting to know where there aren't cameras at Disney. So they can try to get pregnant at Disney. They were considering the guest parking lot as a possibility, too.

Seems to me that might prove to be a SnowFlakus Interruptus occasion with help from Disney's security department if they really do try that.

Aren't there hotels in the park?  They could just get a room and be able to conceive at Disney while not causing a problem for anyone else.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #21617 on: June 14, 2013, 10:26:53 AM »

Aren't there hotels in the park?  They could just get a room and be able to conceive at Disney while not causing a problem for anyone else.

But that's totally not the same as doing it on It's a Small World  ::)

AngelicGamer

« Reply #21618 on: June 14, 2013, 10:30:53 AM »

...there's so many jokes there.  So many really bad jokes.

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

Virg

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21619 on: June 14, 2013, 10:47:42 AM »
Harriet Jones wrote:

"But that's totally not the same as doing it on It's a Small World"

Yeah, it's much more sane.  Anyway, the simple answer is that there's nowhere in a Disney park that's not on camera, unless they're hip to trying it in a restroom and I'm not really seeing the cachet in that.

artk2002, I'm not sure I could really label something like your experience as SS behavior.  Sure, it's a big inconvenience to others and parents should keep track of their kids, but unless the perpetrators made a stink about the event I could easily see a normally attentive parent getting distracted long enough for a little kid to do this, so I'd give the benefit of doubt until I observed otherwise.  I suppose it actually bothers me more that a shutdown like that takes an hour to clear.  I'd figure that a company with such deep experience could figure out a way to handle it a lot faster.

Virg

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #21620 on: June 14, 2013, 11:09:03 AM »

Okay, stupid random thought here...the father to be could "take care of business" earlier and put it in a cup and then the mother to be could slip into a restroom and "finish the job" with a turkey baster or something.   

I'm sorry, that just popped into my mind and I had to share.   :P

Maybe my mind is just all scrambled from the thought of someone wanting to deliberately conceive at Disney World, and not even in an actual hotel.   :o  Why? Just...why?

I need brain bleach now :)

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #21621 on: June 14, 2013, 11:29:04 AM »
I used to run a children's museum that was in one of the original Hilton Hotels. It was no longer a working hotel but was a popular wedding and party locations. I can't tell you how many people touring the hotel told me they were going to have the guests drop their kids off for me to watch during the party. Fortunately my boss had my back - was not going to happen because
1. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
2. Most of the weddings happened after closing
3. We weren't a licence Day Care and would need a lot more employees to meet adult:child ratio.

Now I did have a couple of times where there was a Saturday/Sunday afternoon event and 1 parent would bring in a bunch of bored kids. That was OK as long as they paid admission.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #21622 on: June 14, 2013, 12:06:23 PM »
I've never used the delay feature on my dishwasher, I'm not sure why that would make anyone's brain hurt.

It's because the dishwasher's previous owners complained that it was too noisy to run.  Running it in the middle of the night where it is (presumably) away from the bedrooms would mean they wouldn't have to listen to it run.  That's what's brain hurty about it.  They had the ability to solve the problem all alone.

True, but I have many times when I need the run the dishwasher now.

Like, if I have a big dinner party, I want to run the cooking pots & prep bowls while the dinner is going on, so that I have someplace to put the dishes when I clear the table.

Or maybe they prefer their home routine to be "run the dishwasher right after supper and empty it before bed."

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21623 on: June 14, 2013, 12:08:16 PM »

Also, the kid (please don't name him Mickey or Ariel or any other Disney-fied name) will be unable to remember trips to Disneyland fondly after finding out why his parents used to go there so often...
One of my grandchildren has the  middle name Orlando for a reason -- and it isn't after Mr. Bloom!  That would certainly have happened in the condo, though, and not at the Magic Kingdom behind the bushes.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 12:14:49 PM by Elfmama »
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21624 on: June 14, 2013, 12:13:26 PM »
I've never used the delay feature on my dishwasher, I'm not sure why that would make anyone's brain hurt.

It's because the dishwasher's previous owners complained that it was too noisy to run.  Running it in the middle of the night where it is (presumably) away from the bedrooms would mean they wouldn't have to listen to it run.  That's what's brain hurty about it.  They had the ability to solve the problem all alone.

True, but I have many times when I need the run the dishwasher now.

Like, if I have a big dinner party, I want to run the cooking pots & prep bowls while the dinner is going on, so that I have someplace to put the dishes when I clear the table.

Or maybe they prefer their home routine to be "run the dishwasher right after supper and empty it before bed."
And I think you've just solved why my MIL never used hers.  She once asked me "Well, doesn't it BOTHER you that they're just sitting there?"  Nope.  I don't have OCPD, MIL.  And those were clean dishes. Leaving dirty dishes sit in the machine until there was a full load would have driven her insane.
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Virg

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21625 on: June 14, 2013, 02:18:24 PM »
whatsanenigma wrote:

"Maybe my mind is just all scrambled from the thought of someone wanting to deliberately conceive at Disney World, and not even in an actual hotel."

Given what you just said, the perfect solution popped into my head.  There's a suite at the top of Cinderella's Castle.  You can't get more "in Disney" than that, and it's a private suite.  I imagine it would take quite a bit of leverage to get invited to stay there, but where there's a will and a big enough checkbook, there's always a way.

Virg

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #21626 on: June 14, 2013, 02:52:04 PM »
whatsanenigma wrote:

"Maybe my mind is just all scrambled from the thought of someone wanting to deliberately conceive at Disney World, and not even in an actual hotel."

Given what you just said, the perfect solution popped into my head.  There's a suite at the top of Cinderella's Castle.  You can't get more "in Disney" than that, and it's a private suite.  I imagine it would take quite a bit of leverage to get invited to stay there, but where there's a will and a big enough checkbook, there's always a way.

Virg

There's a similar suite above Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland. They used to have a lottery for reservations but it's now by invitation only. I saw an article about a couple who got to stay there because they had visited Disneyland every day in 2012!

On the topic of finding a private place in one of the parks: Not likely. Disney security is unobtrusive, but they're everywhere. Not only are there people in uniform but there are plainclothes and a lot of surveillance. Not to mention all of the non-security staff who aren't going to be happy running across a rutting couple in the bushes.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

MrTango

« Reply #21627 on: June 14, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »
whatsanenigma wrote:

Virg

There's a similar suite above Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland. They used to have a lottery for reservations but it's now by invitation only. I saw an article about a couple who got to stay there because they had visited Disneyland every day in 2012!

On the topic of finding a private place in one of the parks: Not likely. Disney security is unobtrusive, but they're everywhere. Not only are there people in uniform but there are plainclothes and a lot of surveillance. Not to mention all of the non-security staff who aren't going to be happy running across a rutting couple in the bushes.

I've been backstage at Magic Kingdom in Orlando, and my recollection is that they take security about as seriously as the a medium-security prison.

Carotte

« Reply #21628 on: June 14, 2013, 03:29:33 PM »
whatsanenigma wrote:

Virg

I can't see anyone being ok or happy about this idea, from the security people, to the legal department, and you know, the parents of the kids walking around Disney world. That's the kind of stunt that will most likely leave you on a bunch of "X and Y offender registry".

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #21629 on: June 14, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »
whatsanenigma wrote:

Virg

I am suddenly reminded of a line from Burn Notice, when Sam is trying to take Maddie to Disney World and she wants to know why. "Because it's a magical kingdom with great security and lots of witnesses."

</threadjack>
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture