News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 30, 2015, 03:14:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 6162559 times)

weeblewobble

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #21990 on: June 30, 2013, 03:30:37 PM »
Peter, I think we may be related.

misha412

« Reply #21991 on: June 30, 2013, 04:02:03 PM »
In line to check out at Walmart today. I had a couple of shoppers ahead of me.

The first shopper was at the register paying. She had just swiped her card in the machine when her cell phone goes off. She proceeds to take out the phone and answer the call. She stops paying attention to everything else around her. She is just chatting away, standing there at the register.

After a few seconds, the cashier tries to get her attention because she still needs to complete the transaction on the swipe machine (sign it or put in a pin). The woman ignores the cashier completely and keeps on chatting. This goes on for about a minute and the woman is showing no signs of movement or doing anything other than chatting on her phone. The cashier tries a few times to get her attention, but has no luck.

The guy behind her finally taps her on the shoulder and asks her when she expects to be done with her call. She gets huffy and says something like "Can't you see I'm on the phone?" That at least prompts her to say good bye to the person on the phone with a comment about rude people. She gets off the phone.

After finally completing her transaction, she proceeds to stand there, putting her phone away, situating her money, getting her keys, closing her purse, making sure her bags were packed properly. She is doing it as slowly as possible. Finally, she gets everything situated and walks off as slowly as possible. Once she is clear of the register, she takes off at a brisk pace towards the door.

I do not know the woman and I am going only on what I observed and heard. From what I could tell, her actions after getting off the phone was her P/A way of getting back at the guy who asked her how much longer her call would be.

HorseFreak

« Reply #21992 on: June 30, 2013, 04:40:30 PM »
A group of people were driving me crazy at the grocery store today. Apparently they were long lost friends who couldn't step aside and have their reunion because they completely blocked a section of the produce department by lining up their carts in the aisle and chatting spread apart. I maneuvered around only to come across them 10 minutes later blocking access to the last two aisles of the store doing the same thing! When I asked politely one managed to sidestep one step so I could squeeze through, but seriously?!?!?! I didn't know three people could take up so much space.

JocelynCS

• Mom of 3 fluffies!
« Reply #21993 on: June 30, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »

At this point, someone on the gym staff overheard and asked her to take the baby and leave.  He reminded her there is a "no one under 16" policy.  How she managed to sneak the baby past the front desk, I have no idea.  Anyway, she stormed out. I feel sort of bad because she obviously felt like she was being ganged up on.  But her attitude didn't help.

You shouldn't feel bad.  People who are so entitled and SS that they think the rules don't apply to them DESERVE to be "ganged up on!"

SCAJAfamily

« Reply #21994 on: June 30, 2013, 05:49:17 PM »
There were a bunch of SSs at this campsite before we showed up.  We stayed at a very out of the way free place with 14 sites.  Every site was littered with trash.  Every campfire ring had plastic garbage in it.  A few had diapers.  A few had broken chairs, coolers, and an exercise bicycle!  One was filled with cigarette butts and pistachio shells.  So gross.

We were the only ones there for 24 hours and we spent a bit of time cleaning up a few sites.
SCAJAfamily = dd S 22, ds C 15, ds A 12, dh J and myself dw A

Pen^2

« Reply #21995 on: June 30, 2013, 06:07:43 PM »
There were a bunch of SSs at this campsite before we showed up.  We stayed at a very out of the way free place with 14 sites.  Every site was littered with trash.  Every campfire ring had plastic garbage in it.  A few had diapers.  A few had broken chairs, coolers, and an exercise bicycle!  One was filled with cigarette butts and pistachio shells.  So gross.

We were the only ones there for 24 hours and we spent a bit of time cleaning up a few sites.

Good on you! We need more campers like you!

I've never understood people who go camping and then fill their area with junk and rubbish. Doesn't that go completely against the notion of experiencing nature if you make certain that you're sitting in a big pile of rubbish? Why do they go camping? Is it a silly fashionable thing now? I mean, an exercise bike? Really??

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #21996 on: June 30, 2013, 06:16:26 PM »

I hate that, although I'm sure that the fact that it's free makes people think that they can treat it however they want.

Other question, are there no bears, skunks, cougars, nuisance wildlife where you are?  It just boggle my mind that there have not been any instances of animal attacks or disease outbreaks with all of that trash

SCAJAfamily

« Reply #21997 on: June 30, 2013, 06:42:11 PM »
Honestly I don't know.  There were a few vague warning signs about wildlife and the garbage cans were the wildlife proof kind.  It was obvious the place hadn't been cleaned up for awhile.  All the trash cans were overflowing and there was no toilet paper in any of the outhouses.  Thankfully we brought our own.  When we left 4 days later, no one official had come by to pick up any trash.
SCAJAfamily = dd S 22, ds C 15, ds A 12, dh J and myself dw A

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #21998 on: June 30, 2013, 07:04:51 PM »
Honestly I don't know.  There were a few vague warning signs about wildlife and the garbage cans were the wildlife proof kind.  It was obvious the place hadn't been cleaned up for awhile.  All the trash cans were overflowing and there was no toilet paper in any of the outhouses.  Thankfully we brought our own.  When we left 4 days later, no one official had come by to pick up any trash.

I'm guessing budget cuts.....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Shalamar

« Reply #21999 on: June 30, 2013, 07:14:16 PM »
Another grocery store SS today.  Tomorrow is a holiday here in Canada, and the stores will be closed, so the local Real Canadian Superstore was very busy this afternoon.  I spotted a parking spot that was very close to the store, thought "Hot dog!", and aimed my car for it.  First, however, the lady parked beside that spot decided to unload her groceries - by parking her cart IN the spot, even though she saw me waiting.  Why she didn't put her cart behind her car like everyone else is beyond me. Did I mention that it's very hot today?

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #22000 on: June 30, 2013, 07:25:23 PM »
A man here left his 8-month-old child in the car for 30+ minutes (with the doors unlocked and the windows rolled down.) It was a combination of very hot and very humid, and very stormy this weekend, so both pretty bad contenders for leaving your kid in the car. The news is saying 30 minutes, but it was 12:30 when someone called the police, and 1:00 when the car owner appeared, so really it could have been an hour or more.  :o When he saw the police waiting for him, he told them that he'd only been a minute...or only meant to be a minute, but had decided to run some additional errands while he was there.

AND. He did the same thing last summer with a baby (they didn't say if it was the same one though.)
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

snowdragon

« Reply #22001 on: June 30, 2013, 07:38:55 PM »
/\ Babymama, it could not have been the same baby, if this one is 8 months old. They would have been born in November - so not around in the summer months last year.

I volunteered to help register folks for a road race yesterday, there were three groups of Runners and three start times. The rules when you registered where absolutely NO strollers allowed on the race course before or during the race. Two women brought these absolutely HUMONGOUS jogging strollers that were designed for two or more kids and pitched a fit when told they would not be allowed to race with their kids. They had brought no one to watch their kids while running ( none of the 4 kids between them were over four years of age and the youngest was under 6moths of age) and they tried several times to force their way to the start line to be not only in the first wave of runners, but in the first ROW of runners - there by interfering with everyone behind them.  When that did not work, they tried to force their where into the middle of the pack "where none of the officials would see them."  Which would have been a danger to all those on the course around them. 
  In the end the officials had to have them removed from the start line by the police, who were there for traffic control, of both runners and cars. They delayed the start time by a half hour for all the groups - all because they did not want to follow the rules that where posted at the time of their sign ups.

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #22002 on: June 30, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »
November was when his last offense occurred. Eesh.
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #22003 on: June 30, 2013, 08:03:04 PM »
There have been cases where people have had their cars broken into to free the trapped child. As well as people who have had their cars stolen with the child inside.

A few years ago a mother was given a telling off for doing so by a well-meaning stranger who rescued her child.

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #22004 on: June 30, 2013, 08:54:34 PM »
We have camped in "civilized" camping sites, with a general store close by, and a pool, and we have been primitive camping, where you hike in your own water.

Most of the time, the land is clear and all have obeyed the rules of "leave no trace."

however, one year my son was getting water at a spigot between campsites, and received several fire ant bites that caused him to have need of steroid treatments and is now the proud carrier of a personal epi pen. 

How did the ants come to be there? 

Well, despite the signage on the water spigot that says, "Do not rinse out mess kits here" and "keep area free of food" it turns out that someone had been washing food containers out all week there, and ants congregated. 

Nothing like driving 30 minutes down a windy road into an unknown town just before the emergency center closes so your son can get swelling and hives treated. 

As for babies/kids left in hot cars, I have NO words that can be written here.
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.