Something Bad has happened to Our Internet Service Provider that has caused internet and library catalogs to crash across the state. It is not just Our Library. It has been going on since Thursday. We have no control over this. So to our patrons who do not understand "no" I would like to say:
1) The internet is down.
2) Yes, really.
3) No, we are not doing this to annoy you alone.
4) We really do not have the kind of time to pick on one person. Seriously, cut it out.
5) I'm on because my computer hooks into the wifi, not all of them do.
6) I didn't do this so please stop yelling at me.
7) I don't know why it crashed.
I don't know when it crashed, either.
9) I don't know when it will be back up.
10) Yes, we DID call the service provider. They have been working on it since Thursday of last week.
11) Yes, really.
12) Please stop giving me the stink eye. I am sorry you cannot access Farmville today, but I am not able to get to my own work. Seriously, I am begging you to stop snarling at me.
13) Our service provider is in Other State.
14) No, other town's system is not working either. As I just said, this is throughout the whole state. It isn't just us.
16) Okay. If you never use this library again, it will be fine with us. Thank you for looking elsewhere.