Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5647293 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #22590 on: July 30, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »
Somebody wants free cake.

Especially since the cake was sooooo expensive! 

Tabby Uprising

« Reply #22591 on: July 30, 2013, 02:15:31 PM »

That's what I think!  SS knows exactly what she ordered, she just doesn't want to pay for it. 

Mmmm... lemon cake....

snowdragon

« Reply #22592 on: July 30, 2013, 02:35:46 PM »
A little while later, I saw a guy on a trike riding along side his dog. The dog was on an extendable leash and when the dog wanted to chase people he would let the leash go to its fullest extent. The dog nipped at people and scared the tar out of a toddler - and the guy insisted that his mutt had the "right to be there -deal with him." the father of the scared toddler finally looked at him and said 'If that dog comes anywhere near my kids again, I *will* deal with both of you." and picked his kid up - took her bike and left this exchange was so loud and the area so quiet I could hear the entire exchange for about 1/4 mile or so....the guy with the dog, was left insisting his dog "has rights,too."
somehow, I think that dog is going to be in serious trouble one day with an owner who won't control it.
We rescued Honey Girl, a 2 y.o. 13# terrier-dachshund, two months ago.  We must walk on the shared path to get to the dog park.  Bicycles, skateboards, strollers, and pedestrians all share this path.  If a bike is coming at me, I'll make sure I am all the way to the right and have Honey Girl walk behind me instead of at my left heel.  Unless they use a bell, I can't hear a bike coming up behind me, so I might have Honey Girl on a loose lead and we are probably taking up more than half the path (no center line).  In just a few weeks, Honey Girl figured the "bike passing" routine and, since she can hear better than I can, she'll move ahead or behind me when she knows a bike is going to pass us from behind.  A much more useful trick than "shake hands."  She's such a smart girl.  8)

The path isn't always busy; Sometimes we can get from the parking lot to the bark park without being passed at all, so I don't want to keep her on a short lead if it isn't necessary.  OTOH, I don't want to be a path hog or be perceived as a SS. :-\

What you describe is not SS. What this guy was doing was allowing the dog to charge people. He was on coming traffic to me ( traveling towards me) and rather than do ANYTHING to control the dog, he allowed the dog to run at people, chase bikers down the road and jump on people. From your post,,, I doubt you'd allow your dog to act like that. Those extendable leashes have locks on them so he could have locked the leash and not allowed it to pull it as far as he could - or even not allowed the dog to pull his bike along the road while chasing someone. You know?

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22593 on: July 30, 2013, 02:38:07 PM »
Yeah, CR just wants a free cake. I'm guessing she doesn't want to set foot in the shop again because the cake has been eaten and she doesn't have anything left to bring in.

BusyBee

« Reply #22594 on: July 30, 2013, 02:50:54 PM »
I wonder how commited she is to this.  Will she show up with a new cake that's clearly not yours?  I'd recommend that she sort it out with her credit card company if she threatens that again.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #22595 on: July 30, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »
NINE!!! Are you sure it wasn't an animagus?
Whow  :o

Nine would beat the world record of 7 years 2 months.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure he was at least nine. I got him when i was 11 and he died when I was 20.(I wouldn't usually know the ages of my small pets that well, but he's in the "first day of school" pic from when I was 11, and he died just before my aunt's funeral.)

I'm sure that being able to sleep in a pretty girl's lingerie gave him something to live for....
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

MrTango

« Reply #22596 on: July 30, 2013, 04:28:13 PM »
I wonder how commited she is to this.  Will she show up with a new cake that's clearly not yours?  I'd recommend that she sort it out with her credit card company if she threatens that again.

Personally, I think PastryGoddess should contact the CC company directly (and proactively) and let them know that the CC Company's customer has threatened to file a fraudulent report to try to get a legitimate charge reversed.  Before calling, I'd scan all of the CC slips and emails so that she can send them a complete copy of all of the paperwork showing that the customer legitimately ordered the cake, that the order was confirmed to be correct, and that the customer signed the CC slips.

If that causes the CC company to decide that they no longer want to do business with that customer, that's not the OP's problem.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:29:55 PM by MrTango »

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #22597 on: July 30, 2013, 04:43:11 PM »
pastrygoddess,

It is actually a compliment, that she is coming back-- it was SO good that she wants more!

But because she blew her budget all on her pwecious baby's 1st b-day blow-out, she cannot afford even a single slice now. 

But the cake was SO GOOD that she is craving it, and this is a way to try to get more, for free!

:o >:D >:D :o

Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

lilfox

« Reply #22598 on: July 30, 2013, 04:44:07 PM »
Someone please give me an icepick, or a spoon, or some moonshine.  Something!

I called Cakeasaurus Rex today and was on the phone for almost an hour.  Our conversation went something like this:

CR: You ruined my my pwecious baby's birthday!
Me: Ma'am can you tell me exactly what happened to the cake
CR: It was WRONG
Me: Yes, but what was wrong
CR: It was lemon, I hate lemon cake
Me: Ma'am I'm looking at emails that have you confirming the flavor as lemon
CR: I DIDN'T SEND THAT!!!
Me: Ok  *awkward pause*  So the cake was the wrong flavor was there anything else
CR: *proceeds to read the entire bullet list of "issues" with the cake to me for the next 45 min
Me: *Must not kill through phone*

After she's done I tell her that if she wants her money back, then we need to see the cake.  Cue wailing and moaning about how she doesn't want to EVER step foot in our shop again after what we did to her.

She might come into the shop tomorrow.  God help me

Does she understand that you want to see the (remains of) cake in its physical form?  Because I'm willing to bet she brings in digital pics, since the cake was eaten and enjoyed by all.  I wonder if she pulled this with her wedding cake and it worked?  Also, 45 minutes of complaining about a single cake?  That takes ... stamina.

Oh to be a fly on the wall during *that* visit!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22599 on: July 30, 2013, 05:03:34 PM »
I am not sure where Snowdragon is from but I would not be surprised to hear that it is in the Seattle area. I am amazed at the total lack of parenting that I see going on around here!  Little kids (3-5 years old) running around stores with nobody watching them and kids hitting strangers and parents not doing anything about it are just a couple of the things I have seen around here on a fairly normal basis!  I even have heard parents using the "don't want to stifle their creativity" line a few times when their kid was acting out and they were called on it by someone.

Doesn't surprise me much.  I've heard there's a good size population of people like that in the PNW.

Course it seems there are a few of them here too but around my neighborhood it's not so much the "don't want to stifle the creativity" as it is just pure laziness on the part of the parent.  It's easier to say "not MY kid!" or "Yeah sure we'll take care of it" then actually applying some discipline. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22600 on: July 30, 2013, 05:13:32 PM »
I would probably get fired from your bakery, because it'd be tempting to tell Cakeasaurus "The cake was the wrong flavor ? So you ate the whole thing anyway ? And you think, what, someone hacked your email so they could see you eat your least favorite flavor ? Tell me, how many slices did you personally have ?" 

No you wouldn't, because this is pretty much the conversation that we're going to have if she comes in :) One of the reasons we insist on having the cake back is that we want to SEE the problem and SEE their face when they try to lie to us.  Here's the thing, the decorators are here when people pick up.  If there is a problem with a cake we can fix it immediately.
She may think that if she pitches enough of a fit, you'll refund her $$$$ or a good chunk of it.  She got to impress the party guests with her display of extravagance, and now she doesn't want to pay for it.  Because a couple of dozen cupcakes baked by her own little hands, or a $15 cake from the grocery store bakery, doesn't have the flair that this special cake did.  She may think that you'll cave because a lawsuit would cost you more than refunding the cake.

If she refuses the charges on her credit card, I'd put that shoe on the other foot, and take her to small claims court.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #22601 on: July 30, 2013, 06:00:22 PM »
 Had the same problem as her, except I was being nice about it. Tthe cake was nice, and we had to have a cake as it was our wedding, it was just bot what we ordered. The lady was very apologetic and I'd go there again in a heartbeat.

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #22602 on: July 30, 2013, 06:31:54 PM »
One of the reasons we insist on having the cake back is because we want the physical proof of the cake.  In our world, you can have your cake or your money, not both.  Another reason is like I said above, we want to see you lie to our face.  A third reason is if the cake is wrong (taste, texture, design) we need to know it for future reference so we can prevent it from happening.  As I said, I'm not the full time baker now but she and I want to be able to assess the remaining cake.

It's not worth the time right now to contact the CC company premptively.  However, if we are notified that there is a charge back, we have documentation to prove our case.

I also have some other tricks up my sleeve  >:D   We'll see if she comes in. 

You'd be surprised at what people will bring back.  We had one mom who spent $XXXX on a dress cake for her daughter and they didn't even eat it.  Apparently the nanny who picked it up didn't secure it in the car properly and it had fallen apart by the time they got it home.  They brought the whole thing back to us that Monday. 

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #22603 on: July 30, 2013, 07:21:05 PM »
So, how would you act in my case? We got a photo of the cake and there's paperwork at the bakery...but no cake itself as we ate part of it and the exception venue threw the rest out.

Jocelyn

« Reply #22604 on: July 30, 2013, 08:18:12 PM »
EVERYONE wants free cake!
Free cake for everyone!  >:D