Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5355334 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #23235 on: August 31, 2013, 09:50:26 PM »
Do driving Special Snowflakes just leave their brains at home?  Yesterday there was almost a collision right in front of us, when a nitwit yacking on a hand-held cellphone, in the left-turn lane, decided to go straight ahead instead.  Straight ahead had a red light, because oncoming traffic was also turning left.  Nitwit darned near broadsided another car.  ('Darned' is not the word I'd like to use, but the filter won't let me use that other 'd' word.) He didn't even brake; the other car managed to scoot faster, and the one following him managed to brake in time.  SS just sailed on through without noticing, because his phone call was SOOOO important. ::)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #23236 on: August 31, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
I'm sadly nominating a friend for SS status. This summer two couples in our group got married and so far she has:

1) Shown up at Amy's bridal shower in a fancy restaurant an hour late in running clothes because she was going to the gym after

2) Invited people to Betty's bridal shower who weren't invited to the wedding (and she wasn't throwing the shower).

3) Invited people to Betty and Bob's wedding for them.

4) RSVPed for 4 for Betty and Bob's wedding (husband plus kids), came with just 1 kid since the rest of her family "didn't feel like it."

5) Was 15 minutes late to Betty and Bob's wedding and was upset she missed the beginning of the ceremony.

6) Didn't RSVP to Amy's wedding, when Amy followed up said "Yeah, I'm coming alone," but brought her husband to the wedding anyways.

After Amy's ceremony when we went to find our table at the reception and couldn't find a place card for SS's husband. She giggled and said "Oops, I never told her you were coming." SS's husband pulled her aside for a quiet but obviously heated conversation. He then came over to the rest of the group, told us to have a lovely evening and said he'd pick us up at the end of the night. SS was irritated her husband refused to stay saying "We could have had pulled up a chair!"

mumma to KMC

« Reply #23237 on: August 31, 2013, 10:12:14 PM »
There was a lady driving down the road today and she kept almost weaving into our lane. It was a city road with no room for us to move out of her way, so we just back off and followed behind her. When we got to the next traffic light, I looked over. She was applying/adjusting lip gloss.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #23238 on: August 31, 2013, 10:26:40 PM »
I was sitting outside our store on my lunch break yesterday, when I heard cars honking and someone swearing loudly (picture Kathy Griffin's imitation of Miley Cyrus'; she sounded like that). Someone had drove up in front of the store to pick up their passenger (SS) and SS decided to load the groceries via the left backseat. So SS was standing in the way of two different lanes of cars. People were asking her to move and honking their horns. She was screaming repeatedly "SCRABBLE YOU, FEMALE DOG! SCRABBLE YOURSELF! WHY DON'T YOU MOVE INSTEAD !" and lunging at any cars waving her fists :o There were plenty of parking spaces nearby that her driver could've pulled into and had her unload the cart there.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23239 on: August 31, 2013, 11:04:57 PM »
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

snowdragon

« Reply #23240 on: August 31, 2013, 11:18:03 PM »

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #23241 on: August 31, 2013, 11:22:00 PM »
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

snowfire

« Reply #23242 on: August 31, 2013, 11:42:13 PM »
She takes bat poo crazy to a whole new level!  All over a couple of bucks worth of batter fried mystery meat.

Iris

« Reply #23243 on: September 01, 2013, 01:10:14 AM »
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #23244 on: September 01, 2013, 01:18:32 AM »

PeterM

« Reply #23245 on: September 01, 2013, 01:48:06 AM »

And then the Super Saiyan reference. I wouldn't have guessed there was much overlap between meth users and Dragonball Z fans.

My favorite part was when the employees started swearing just as much as the crazy woman. You gotta swear when you got that much insanity coming your way.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #23246 on: September 01, 2013, 01:56:02 AM »

And then the Super Saiyan reference. I wouldn't have guessed there was much overlap between meth users and Dragonball Z fans.

My favorite part was when the employees started swearing just as much as the crazy woman. You gotta swear when you got that much insanity coming your way.

Me, either, but I wonder if the pretty colors have anything to do with it...

The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #23247 on: September 01, 2013, 02:13:26 AM »
I... this wasn't real, was it? Please tell me this wasn't real.

Psychopoesie

« Reply #23248 on: September 01, 2013, 02:25:38 AM »
I... this wasn't real, was it? Please tell me this wasn't real.

The video is real enough :o but apparently the audio was added later (I went looking because I wanted to know if she was caught and sentenced).

http://kotaku.com/the-great-mcnugget-rampage-of-2010-returns-assumes-ult-1230793538

Apparently the woman claimed to be drunk at the time. She was sentenced to 60 days jail.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ohio-woman-melodi-dushane-punches-workers-window-mcnuggets-toledo-drive-video-article-1.204398

figee

« Reply #23249 on: September 01, 2013, 04:09:31 AM »
I have to admit an occasional craving for McNuggets and thick shakes but ...... Wow!