Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5394470 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #23250 on: September 01, 2013, 07:17:26 AM »
You know when I get drunk I just fall asleep.  I must not be drinking the right things

Jones

« Reply #23251 on: September 01, 2013, 09:03:46 AM »
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

And then the Super Saiyan reference. I wouldn't have guessed there was much overlap between meth users and Dragonball Z fans.

My favorite part was when the employees started swearing just as much as the crazy woman. You gotta swear when you got that much insanity coming your way.

Me, either, but I wonder if the pretty colors have anything to do with it...
Having every scene repeat itself three times can't hurt; probably the only cartoon they can keep up with.  :P

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #23252 on: September 01, 2013, 11:21:21 AM »
Wow - that's both scary and hilarious.

What eventually sent me hysterical was the car that pulled up after her. I can imagine the conversation - "Yeah, here's $10 ... hey, man, what happened to your window?"

(Came near to losing it at "Did you just HISS at me?" before then.)
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #23253 on: September 01, 2013, 11:47:03 AM »
If I were the driver behind her, I'd have been dialing 911 and writing down her licence plate ASAP. Ye gods.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #23254 on: September 01, 2013, 12:59:12 PM »
Since she ended up in jail, I understand, I guess someone got her license plate.....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

LeeLee88

« Reply #23255 on: September 01, 2013, 04:33:24 PM »
SS goes postal at the McD's drive-thru:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LF0IhyAasWw
I was watching Breaking Bad when I saw this.  What a great coincidence!

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #23256 on: September 01, 2013, 06:55:13 PM »
Go to YouTube and look for Alamo Theater no texting. NSFW. Apparently, they do enforce the no texting rule there.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #23257 on: September 03, 2013, 01:07:59 AM »
Go to YouTube and look for Alamo Theater no texting. NSFW. Apparently, they do enforce the no texting rule there.

Oh yes!  we have posted about them in the forum from time to time.  They are slowly expanding across the country :)

Reika

« Reply #23258 on: September 03, 2013, 06:17:00 AM »
The woman in that voicemail sounds just like one of the psychotic jerks that used to call my call center all of the time. We eventually ended up having to get her number blocked.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #23259 on: September 04, 2013, 09:16:58 AM »
Follow up to the drive through coffee stand post about the kid who shot the window, they got the window replaced and the local sheriff's office has located the mother and son who are both being charged.

SS nightmare yesterday:

I had to get a cashier's check and take a withdrawal, so I headed to my credit union branch, went to the drive through (only portion open after 5) and chose the lane with only one car. Big mistake! It was a large pickup truck, lifted off the ground by a few feet. When the capsule came through the tube, the very petite woman in the driver's seat jumped out of the vehicle and started yelling in Spanish at the speaker. The capsule went back and forth three more times. All told, her transaction(s) took 15 minutes after I arrived.

I pull up, put my slip in the capsule and send it in. The teller greeted me, then apologized for the wait. About five minutes later, another customer in a different lane starts screaming obscenities and banging his hand on his car. He continued doing that until I left.

On the way home, I ended up behind a semi tractor trailer that never went above 10mph. I desperately needed the massage and kitten time I had last night!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #23260 on: September 04, 2013, 09:57:23 AM »
Neighbor (who has been in the USA for over fifteen years - living in that house and had a drivers' license for that amount of time) runs through the stop sign daily - because it is on the corner of HIS driveway and he apparently shouldn't have to stop at the sign when he is turning into his own driveway....or so it seems, from the way that he (or a family member) drive.  I was leaving - so I recognized the car, but didn't see the driver (darkly tinted side windows).
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

TeamBhakta

« Reply #23261 on: September 04, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »
Snowflakes that only want wedding registry gifts will apparently write columns to get the word out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lori-fradkin/wedding-registry-apology_b_3824199.html?utm_hp_ref=weddings&ir=Weddings

Although the worst one I've seen was 10 years ago, where someone in a bridal magazine said "Oh, I thought I was being so clever and thoughtful when I was single and gifting my friends with a fun board game or a waffle iron + some breakfast related items. I didn't realize how inconsiderate and thoughtless I was, how much trouble the bride had gone through to pick out her list." ::)

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #23262 on: September 04, 2013, 05:54:19 PM »

Although the worst one I've seen was 10 years ago, where someone in a bridal magazine said "Oh, I thought I was being so clever and thoughtful when I was single and gifting my friends with a fun board game or a waffle iron + some breakfast related items. I didn't realize how inconsiderate and thoughtless I was, how much trouble the bride had gone through to pick out her list." ::)

Some of my favorite wedding gifts weren't even on my registry. The ice cream maker and stove-top popcorn maker come to mind, and still get a lot of use!
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #23263 on: September 04, 2013, 07:06:31 PM »
DH and I just finally got our wills finalized yesterday (after planning to get around to it for 7+ years).  In our case it was a bit complicated figuring out how to word the custody of the girls in case something happened to us, and making sure that SIL1 wouldn't end up with a big influx of money by mistake - with her current issues, a large inheritance would lead to a large drug overdose pretty quickly  :-\

Good for you doing this.  I changed my will early this year after I found it while moving and discovered I'd left my worldly possessions to a church I no longer attend.  Plus, I'd married in the meantime, and this will was made out when MR. Sirius was many years in the future.  So that's all fixed.  He got his when he went to Saudi Arabia while he was in the Air Force, and the AF made him make out an updated will before going, plus set up a power of attorney for me to pay his bills, all of which I thought was an excellent idea. 

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23264 on: September 05, 2013, 09:20:44 AM »
From today's dear abby - first letter. Not quite sure if she's an SS or not, but her attitude is, at least to me!

http://www.uexpress.com/dearabby/

Basically, a woman berating "older" workers for hanging onto their jobs, to support their lavish lifestyles, and preventing younger workers from advancing, and even being laid off. she then goes on to say that when HER kids are out of college, she plans to take a less-stressful, lower paying job so that a young person can have HER job to support their family.

DA basically told her, try and be less judgmental, as many "older" folks are not working to support their luxeries, but simply to survive.  Is it wrong of me to hope that karma bites her, and she too needs to continue working longer to simply survive?????