Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5093651 times)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #24540 on: November 26, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »
Ugh. It's ninnies that that who drive the good b-reeders out of the business.
I do not mean to be argumentative, but I do not understand how you got from a completely unreasonable Special Snowflake wanting a br33der to bring them a free dog to "ninnies that drive the good [ones] out of business."  A good one would simply decline the honor; It wouldn't put them out of business.

I don't know who chewed this lady out in absolutely filthy language.  The language alone would convince me that I could not care less what these people have to say.  They certainly aren't my target demographic for poodle sales.  The lady with the poodles won't lose any customers over this FB snow flurry.  In fact, now she will have more free time since she doesn't need to invest any more time in this vicious, unreasonable group.

I think she meant that it's unreasonable people that cause the nice bre*ders to not want to deal with the crazy any more.

Exactly.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #24541 on: November 26, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »
Wasn't there a thread about this woman?  Or her twin?  LOL

http://notalwaysworking.com/someones-having-a-beef-part-2/32585

When I read that one my jaw dropped.

I used to work with someone like that, believe it or not. She couldn't understand that her lifestyle choices meant that she had to alter her own lifestyle to accommodate them, not that it gave her the right to alter the lives of others instead. Some people just don't get it. She also didn't stay working very long. I don't know if she was fired or if she quit because we were all stifling her veganness. I never asked and was just thankful she was gone.

I feel sorry for the majority of vegans, whom I suspect are perfectly nice people, because for a lot of people, the only vegans we ever notice are the ones like this. Sort of like the toupee fallacy: you only notice the bad toupees, so you assume all toupees look bad, even though there are many more good ones that you didn't notice because they're good.
There's a joke: how do you know if someone is a vegan? They will tell you.

Remember the SS couple who refused to tip the lesbian waitress? Turns out it was all a hoax.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/new-jersey-waitress-dayne-morales-denied-tip-because-of-gay-lifestyle/story-fnixwvgh-1226769141138

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #24542 on: November 26, 2013, 05:12:33 PM »

I used to work with someone like that, believe it or not. She couldn't understand that her lifestyle choices meant that she had to alter her own lifestyle to accommodate them, not that it gave her the right to alter the lives of others instead. Some people just don't get it. She also didn't stay working very long. I don't know if she was fired or if she quit because we were all stifling her veganness. I never asked and was just thankful she was gone.

I feel sorry for the majority of vegans, whom I suspect are perfectly nice people, because for a lot of people, the only vegans we ever notice are the ones like this. Sort of like the toupee fallacy: you only notice the bad toupees, so you assume all toupees look bad, even though there are many more good ones that you didn't notice because they're good.

Remember the SS couple who refused to tip the lesbian waitress? Turns out it was all a hoax.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/new-jersey-waitress-dayne-morales-denied-tip-because-of-gay-lifestyle/story-fnixwvgh-1226769141138

I'm not entirely surprised, given that the last one was a hoax, too.  I was initially not sure about this, as I wondered why the couple's tip was written on their *customer* receipt rather than the merchant's copy.  But this article says their credit card receipt shows the cost with tip.  I'm guessing they must have written it on both copies for their own records.  I don't bother, so I hadn't thought of that at first.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24543 on: November 26, 2013, 06:11:18 PM »

I'm not entirely surprised, given that the last one was a hoax, too.  I was initially not sure about this, as I wondered why the couple's tip was written on their *customer* receipt rather than the merchant's copy.  But this article says their credit card receipt shows the cost with tip.  I'm guessing they must have written it on both copies for their own records.  I don't bother, so I hadn't thought of that at first.
[/quote]

I'm not surprised either.  I believe the very first story of a hand written note on a receipt and went viral, but am suspicious of stories after that first one.  When this one came out, I asked how the heck can the customers know the waitress was gay in the first place.  The story was very fishy.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:13:05 PM by rose red »

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #24544 on: November 26, 2013, 06:33:17 PM »

I don't know who chewed this lady out in absolutely filthy language.  The language alone would convince me that I could not care less what these people have to say.  They certainly aren't my target demographic for poodle sales.  The lady with the poodles won't lose any customers over this FB snow flurry.  In fact, now she will have more free time since she doesn't need to invest any more time in this vicious, unreasonable group.

From the context, I believe the one wanting the free purebread poodle delivered to a different state spewed the filthy vitriol.

Yes, that's right. SSIWAD was the one spewing the vitriol. The poor br*eeder was beside herself with worry that she'd done something very wrong refusing the SS. Everyone else in the group reassured her that no, she'd done absolutely the right thing.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24545 on: November 26, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »

I always write the tip on my copy of the receipt so I know how much I paid when I'm putting it in my budget program later. :)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #24546 on: November 26, 2013, 07:31:30 PM »
Yes, that's right. SSIWAD was the one spewing the vitriol. The poor br*eeder was beside herself with worry that she'd done something very wrong refusing the SS. Everyone else in the group reassured her that no, she'd done absolutely the right thing.
I hope the rest of the group helped her polish her shiny spine and congratulated her on not yielding to the bully.  I'm sorry, but she sounds like a she's a bit timid if she thinks she did something wrong when SSIWAD swore at her for not giving her a free pure bred dog.  I don't believe in blaming the victim, but this woman did not need to be a victim.  All she had to do was say "no," then ignore SSIWAD.

BTW - I am glad to hear that no one else in the group was chiming in on the nasty language, just the SSIWAD.  And no one cares what people like that think anyway.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24547 on: November 26, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »

I always write the tip on my copy of the receipt so I know how much I paid when I'm putting it in my budget program later. :)

Same here. I always write the tip amount down on the customer copy of my receipt.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:35:34 PM by LadyClaire »

heathert

« Reply #24548 on: November 26, 2013, 11:20:35 PM »

I'm actually not able to look up that story, I'm getting a message that the link is broken. Where did you find that?

Pen^2

« Reply #24549 on: November 26, 2013, 11:27:50 PM »
I'm actually not able to look up that story, I'm getting a message that the link is broken. Where did you find that?

Html didn't get attached to the entire link (see how not all of it is that blue link colour?), so you'd have to copy and paste it into your browser address bar.

Alternatively:

ay[/color]-lifestyle/story-fnixwvgh-1226769141138]http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/new-jersey-waitress-dayne-morales-denied-tip-because-of-gay-lifestyle/story-fnixwvgh-1226769141138

NyaChan

« Reply #24550 on: November 27, 2013, 12:45:04 AM »
I actually can't access either link.

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #24551 on: November 27, 2013, 12:56:27 AM »
Copy-pasting the original link worked fine for me, so here it is as a tinyurl: http://tinyurl.com/nds52xd

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #24552 on: November 27, 2013, 11:38:29 AM »
Getting back to the kid that was hurt, this confused me...

"He will be spending months regaining his muscles. He is a sporty kid and will have to be out of contact sport for a few months."

Uh, he got stitches?  What does that have to do with regaining his muscles?  I did a face plant into our fireplace and got stitches above my eye and in the middle of the forehead.  I was back in action pretty much as soon as we got home from the ER. 

Am I missing something?  Did he injure something else?

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #24553 on: November 27, 2013, 12:42:37 PM »

"He will be spending months regaining his muscles. He is a sporty kid and will have to be out of contact sport for a few months."

Uh, he got stitches?  What does that have to do with regaining his muscles?  I did a face plant into our fireplace and got stitches above my eye and in the middle of the forehead.  I was back in action pretty much as soon as we got home from the ER. 

My guess is that he probably also suffered a concussion and has been ordered to stay way from a lot of sports for a while. Therefore, he will lose muscle condition that he will have to work to regain.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #24554 on: November 27, 2013, 01:52:35 PM »

My guess is that he probably also suffered a concussion and has been ordered to stay way from a lot of sports for a while. Therefore, he will lose muscle condition that he will have to work to regain.

A concussion will keep you out of contact sports for a week maybe two.  If he has that serious of a brain contusion that he can't do contact sports for months and months, then yeah that's different.  However, had he not been up there in the first place, it wouldn't have happened