Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5514245 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #25050 on: January 15, 2014, 03:06:30 AM »
Oh my dear and fluffy lord...
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #25051 on: January 15, 2014, 04:31:14 AM »
Extra Special Snowflake duel at a strip mall.So this strip mall has parking right in front of the stores-except for the WalMart which has an entry way that the front is flush with the ends of the parking lines. To the right as you look at the store is 4 or 5 handicap spots.

So I was walking towards the entrance and this little Honda Civic sized car zooms past me and parks across 3 of the handicap spaces,  barely missing hitting a car driven by a manas she does so. Two young women pop out of the entry way with a grocery cart filled with bags and two more hop out of the car. The car is at an angle and its but is blocking the car that had been driving- the traffic going the other way is too constant for him to pull around.

The driver says "we'll be done as soon as we get all the bags in!"

The male driver tells her off: she is blocking traffic,  nearly hit him,  etc. The young women start yelling back and suddenly both sides are yelling louder and louder. I stopped to watch. They both start yelling threats until he comes to his senses,  reverses and just leaves.

The (elderly) security guard finally moseys up and the young women -still putting groceries away- tell him about the Evil Meanie and how do they report him?

I think you lose your right to be all self-righteous when a) you nearly hit him and b) you're parked across three handicap spots.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:32:55 AM by iridaceae »

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #25052 on: January 15, 2014, 10:24:55 AM »
Snowflake Bridezilla.

So first, I have nothing to do with this wedding, I'm just Facebook friends with these people. I'm not in the wedding, I'm not going to the wedding (though after this I kind of want to see what happens at the wedding), I'm just a quiet observer.

Bride got engaged last January, on New Year's Eve, aw romantic. She asks Friend to be in her wedding, Friend said yes of course I'm so excited for you! So they set the wedding date for April 2014 (this year). Now Friend has been trying to get weight loss surgery (WLS) for sometime and her insurance have her a lot of hoops to hop through and finally hop she did. In June 2013 she has her surgery, Bride is very aware friend is having this surgery and helped her out while she was recovering.

Now it's been almost 7 months since surgery and the wedding is about 4 months away. They all got together to pick out bridesmaid dresses last weekend. Now Bride and Friend haven't seen each other much since Friend had surgery (just both of them being busy), and last weekend Bride realizes something. Friend is now 65lbs lighter and smaller then Bride. This upsets Bride.

Bride has taken to Facebook to whine about how friend should have waited to get WLS, or should have slowed down her weight loss, and how awful it is that she's going to look like a fat bride now!!!! Friend offers to back out of wedding, ok friend says "If it will make you stop whining I'll just drop out of wedding!", which gets Bride in another tizzy that no one cares about her!!! This is her special day and people are ruining it!!!! Some of their friends are actually supporting Bride that Friend should have reconsidered her WLS and scheduled for after the wedding. Friend's responses haven't exactly been e-hell approved.

I'm vowing right here and now to never refer to my wedding as "my special day", I've had a lot of really great special days, this will be just another really great special day to spend with friends and family and make a commitment to the love my life. And I don't care if anyone is bigger or smaller then me.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25053 on: January 15, 2014, 11:01:08 AM »
Good Grief!

WLS isn't a matter of vanity.  It's a matter of health.  The Bride's reaction is way over the top. 

SCMagnolia

« Reply #25054 on: January 15, 2014, 11:10:50 AM »
So the bride picked her attendants based on whether or not they'd make her look skinny???  Wow....  Just.  wow.  I don't blame Friend for being upset, and that is one friendship I'd end rightquickfast and in a BIG hurry.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #25055 on: January 15, 2014, 11:12:33 AM »
It boggles my mind, the way some brides react about their friends' appearances. If I were getting married, I'd be quite content to have friends to walk with me. Not thinner friends, fatter friends, more presentable friends. If you want to be the cynosure of all eyes, do away with the bridesmaids completely.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Shalamar

« Reply #25056 on: January 15, 2014, 11:14:43 AM »
Good grief.  That reminds me of when my friend got engaged, and her mother said "But you can't get married yet - I'm still fat!"

Midge

« Reply #25057 on: January 15, 2014, 11:21:11 AM »
It boggles my mind, the way some brides react about their friends' appearances. If I were getting married, I'd be quite content to have friends to walk with me. Not thinner friends, fatter friends, more presentable friends. If you want to be the cynosure of all eyes, do away with the bridesmaids completely.

I know, right? When I got married, I had my three best friends and my husband's sister as attendants. My MOH was (and is) a bigger girl and if I had to estimate, was probably 50 pounds heavier than she "should have been." Another attendant was chubby, I guess (I feel weird even talking about them this way), another was "normal," as am I, and my SIL was skinny as a rail.

We've been married 26 years, we're still close to everyone in the wedding party, people still talk about what a wonderful time they had, I still look at the pictures and think "that was a terrific day." This may, in fact, be the first time I ever thought about anyone in the bridal party's weight/appearance.

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #25058 on: January 15, 2014, 12:57:37 PM »
Friend is now 65lbs lighter and smaller then Bride. This upsets Bride.

Bride has taken to Facebook to whine about how friend should have waited to get WLS, or should have slowed down her weight loss, and how awful it is that she's going to look like a fat bride now!!!!

Funny - usually a Bridezilla expects her bridesmaids to lose weight before the wedding so they'll look good in the photos.

"Bride" is going to look like a "fat bride" no matter what if that's how she thinks.

Hopefully "Friend" quickly realizes how shallow Bride is and drops out of both the wedding and the friendship.  A true friend would be happy for her weight loss and subsequent health benefits.

MissRose

« Reply #25059 on: January 15, 2014, 01:22:29 PM »
Both times my sister has been married (she is now divorced), all of us girl attendants were a variety of different sizes and heights.  It did not matter to her one bit.  Not sure why some brides are bent up on appearances of their bridal party.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #25060 on: January 15, 2014, 01:46:31 PM »

My MOH was 8 months pregnant and still smaller than me. I didn't care!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25061 on: January 15, 2014, 01:58:41 PM »
Someone needs to start an agency that supplies attendants to bridezillas who are only concerned about the look of their bridal party.  You know, maybe a set of matched blondes between 5'6" and 5'8", all size 6.  Don't let your fiance insist on his bald, 5'8" 300-lb brother for best man -- rent a 6' 195-lb dark-haired man.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

yachtchick

• Caribbean Cat Charters
« Reply #25062 on: January 15, 2014, 02:16:24 PM »
Regarding the escalator - I live on an island with no escalators.  I must admit to stopping at the top of the one in the Miami airport.  It had been 20 years since I had seen one and honestly had to take a minute to remember how to get on one.  Silly I know but it seemed so foreign.
You can not control the wind - you can only adjust your sails.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #25063 on: January 15, 2014, 02:18:28 PM »
Someone needs to start an agency that supplies attendants to bridezillas who are only concerned about the look of their bridal party.  You know, maybe a set of matched blondes between 5'6" and 5'8", all size 6.  Don't let your fiance insist on his bald, 5'8" 300-lb brother for best man -- rent a 6' 195-lb dark-haired man.

I've written two ads...

Do you have what it takes to be a professional bridal party member? We're looking for people of all shapes and sizes, as brides whims are quite dramatic. Must be able to put in long nights of crafts, reassure bride that she's beautiful, agree it's her magic special princess day, and cheerfully accept all abuse hurled at you. You also must agree to not get engaged, married, pregnant, or have any other life altering changes occur during the engagement and wedding. And most important, take her side in all disagreements, even if she obviously wrong/crazy because she's not see above about the magic special princess day.

Brides, we know it's your special day! It's your day to be a princess and have the world at your feet! But how do you deal with those who disagree? We say don't! We can provide you with a well trained bridal party whose appearances fit the theme and feel of your wedding! Hire and fire without worrying about hurt feelings and resentful friends! Guaranteed to never steal the spot light from you! Call for appointments!

Heck I say we expand the business, rent out guests, MOB and MOG, maybe even the groom! And finally, finally, you'll be able to actually cast your wedding so it's the wedding of your dreams!!!!

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25064 on: January 15, 2014, 02:28:05 PM »
 ;D  Perfect!