News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 13, 2016, 07:45:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Changes to Member Status?  (Read 1602 times)

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
Changes to Member Status?
« on: December 29, 2015, 03:16:34 PM »
I thought I used to be a "Hero Member" and now I'm just showing up as a Member, and I am pretty sure Toots and some others were "Pillars of the Forum" and they are just Members as well. Is that a glitch, or just a change in policy?
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

FauxFoodist

Re: Changes to Member Status?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »
I just figured it was a change by the forum owner and didn't worry about it after that (but, yeah, I noticed that too a while back).

Nikko-chan

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 10:07:15 PM »
I just noticed it too!

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 10:48:30 PM »
Just a change.  Members with higher post counts aren't afforded any special privileges so it seemed silly to have different names for different numbers of posts. No biggie.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 12:47:16 AM »
Just a change.  Members with higher post counts aren't afforded any special privileges so it seemed silly to have different names for different numbers of posts. No biggie.

To be honest, I liked it because there were no privileges. Made it like video game achievements: something to be different, but ultimately unimportant.

JoieGirl7

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 02:30:17 AM »
I don't think it's silly.  Posts are content and content is where ad revenue comes from.  Sure, lurkers clicks make it all work too, but without people posting there would be nothing to click on.

faithlessone

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 03:17:56 AM »

To be honest, I liked it because there were no privileges. Made it like video game achievements: something to be different, but ultimately unimportant.

Same! :(

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 04:39:46 AM »

Yeah, it was cool.  :-\
"Set aphasia to stun!"

FauxFoodist

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 02:14:24 PM »

Yeah, it was cool.  :-\

Yeah, I thought it was kinda fun, too.

#borecore

• Formerly marvellous, now a bore
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 07:32:00 PM »
I like the new way!

Though now I probably won't notice when I hit the next post count landmark. No big deal!

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 06:35:38 AM »
I don't think it's silly.  Posts are content and content is where ad revenue comes from.  Sure, lurkers clicks make it all work too, but without people posting there would be nothing to click on.

Under the profile information to the left of each post is the number of posts each member has.   You have 7661 posts.    The only thing that has changed is the tiers of membership based on number of posts made.   It's not quantity but quality that should count.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:37:19 AM by Ehelldame »

JoieGirl7

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 10:10:01 AM »

Under the profile information to the left of each post is the number of posts each member has.   You have 7661 posts.    The only thing that has changed is the tiers of membership based on number of posts made.   It's not quantity but quality that should count.

It was something cool that we liked.  It didn't confer any special privileges, was just something cute that was part of the culture.

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 08:20:42 PM »
I miss it, too. Even though it's silly and meaningless, it was kind of fun reaching the milestones.
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady