News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• February 01, 2015, 02:51:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Browser re-directing away from Ehell  (Read 3715 times)

athersgeo

• No one told you when to run
Re: Browser re-directing away from Ehell
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2015, 04:36:27 PM »
Sorry to resurrect this but...it's back. I'm on my iPad and I've just been redirected while trying to read on of the threads in I Need A Hug. It's the first time I've seen it since Google "fixed" the issue - hopefully, it's a one-time last ditch effort...

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2015, 05:04:14 PM »
I hope so too. Just in case, have you cleared cookies & cache?
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

athersgeo

• No one told you when to run
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2015, 05:18:18 AM »
Yup - repeatedly!

It may just be a case of one rogue ad left and Google's ad-malleters have now got to it.

mmswm

« Reply #78 on: Yesterday at 09:25:39 PM »
I'm getting a pop up when I try to navigate around this site that locks up my entire computer.  This is different from the re-direct problem, but far more troubling, because I can do *nothing* except power it down using the power button.  I didn't think to take a picture of the site it's trying to take me to, but I will if it happens again.  It's something about "your software needs updating", and it's not the regular update alert for my OS.  I'm using a MacBook running OS X Yosemite, if that matters.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Adoptstrays

« Reply #79 on: Yesterday at 10:15:12 PM »
I'm also being redirected when I try to click on a page number when reading a multiple page post. It's taking me to a website where it's telling me I must download their software before proceeding.

mmswm

« Reply #80 on: Yesterday at 11:45:22 PM »
Like I said before, it locks up my entire computer, so I can't even get a screen cap, but I used my phone to take a picture before rebooting.

Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #81 on: Today at 01:14:43 AM »
Like I said before, it locks up my entire computer, so I can't even get a screen cap, but I used my phone to take a picture before rebooting.

Looks like this is malware on your machine... http://www.removeviruspro.com/how-to-get-rid-of-softwareupdaterlp-com-pop-up/ and https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6802324?start=0&tstart=0
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture