News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 27, 2015, 03:03:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Posts to the Ehell blog disappearing  (Read 432 times)

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
Posts to the Ehell blog disappearing
« on: February 26, 2015, 05:14:13 PM »
I'm wondering whether this is just me, or if others have experienced the same problem.  In the past month, as far as I can tell, none of the posts I've made in response to stories on the EHell main blog have shown up. 

I know the administrator (not sure if that's EhellDame or someone else) chooses whether to approve or deny them, and I've had posts denied in the past, but in this case nothing seems to get through.  My posts sometimes disagree with Admin's take, but I can't think of anything rude or inappropriate at all about any I've posted this year, so I'm thinking it might be a technical issue rather than a deliberate decision to reject all of my posts.  I've posted from home and from elsewhere, so I doubt it's an IP blocking issue, but I do always post as Surianne rather than anonymously or with an alias.

Has this been happening to anyone else?  Any ideas as to the problem?

If they're getting rejected intentionally, no problem, I'll stop leaving comments and stick to posting here on the boards.  But I'm not sure what's actually going on and I used to really enjoy being a part of the blog's discussions.

Lindenharp

Re: Posts to the Ehell blog disappearing
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 04:44:38 PM »
Mine have not been disappearing, but I wonder if anyone can tell me how long I am likely to be subject to moderation.  Is it based on how long I've been a member?  Or how many comments I've submitted?

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 07:46:57 PM »
Mine have not been disappearing, but I wonder if anyone can tell me how long I am likely to be subject to moderation.  Is it based on how long I've been a member?  Or how many comments I've submitted?

As far as I'm aware everybody is always subject to moderation, it's got nothing to do with length or status of membership, the same standards apply regardless.   If you mean specifically on the blog, well that's open to public comment so I believe they moderate every submission as they have no way of verifying if you're an ehell member or not (choosing to use your ehell name is optional on there).
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

Lindenharp

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 01:34:48 AM »
Every single comment on the blog is moderated?  That seems like a huge undertaking for the moderation team.  Mine was submitted about 36 hours ago, and is still "awaiting moderation".  Yet I can see comments by other people, time-stamped after mine.  I had assumed that those were from older members, who no longer have to go through moderation.