News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• May 29, 2015, 12:53:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Religion on E-hell  (Read 788 times)

Katana_Geldar

Religion on E-hell
« on: May 18, 2015, 01:34:15 AM »
I understand that it's against the rules to discuss religion in the forums, but why does it keep popping up then? If there is going to be a "no religion" policy, can't it be universal?

I'm not a religious person and it does annoy me when posters seem to think they can freely talk about their religious views. Particularly when they name them.

I know it I talked about my spiritual views on here as freely it would be a very different story.

MariaE

• Super Hero!
  • So many books, so little time
Re: Religion on E-hell
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 02:41:21 AM »
As far as I know, the rule is not "no religion" but "no discussing / debating religion", "no proselyting" and definitely "no disparaging other religions".

Most of the time the point can be made by using colours or fruits as placeholders for the specific religion, but sometimes being specific about it is relevant for the question / answer.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

cass2591

• Global Moderator
Re: Religion on E-hell
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 03:38:25 AM »
The policy is that religion can be discussed if pertains to etiquette. By that I mean is if a poster asks questions what about what should they do, etiquette wise, if they attend a religious service that is foreign to them and don't the what the norm is for that religion.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.