Author Topic: I'm getting autoplay ads  (Read 332 times)

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
I'm getting autoplay ads
« on: August 28, 2014, 03:49:17 PM »
I'm getting autoplay ads for shout and other products a couple times a day on the page. Personally I consider all autoplay features to be rude. They hog bandwidth and cause problems with other things the viewer might be doing. Is there anything that can be done to ban autoplay ads from the site?
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

sandisadie

Re: I'm getting autoplay ads
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:37:06 PM »
I'm getting them also; most times when I click on a different topic at this website.  This is beyond annoying!  Why do the advertisers believe that people will click on these ads and then purchase something? You can't immediately click them out of the way either.  You must wait a few seconds until the "X" appears on the upper right.  As an aside, I've even stopped tuning in to some TV shows because of excessive ads.

MrTango

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 11:26:31 PM »
I agree that auto-play anything is rude, especially if it's advertising.

One option is that you could disable Flash player in your web-browser.  That would likely get rid of any auto-playing ads.  Your browser might even have a setting that can selectively disable flash only on certain sites.  I don't think there's any legitimate content here that uses Flash.

Jones

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 11:54:12 PM »
I can't say I've seen those ads on this site. I used to have them everywhere a few years ago but I noticed when I got a stronger internet security program, they went away.