Author Topic: Death By Triple Chocolate Brownies  (Read 1274 times)

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
Death By Triple Chocolate Brownies
« on: February 19, 2009, 07:00:06 AM »
I could probably overthrow an empire or two if I could make enough of them. Use these wisely, for with great power comes great responsibility.  ;D

First things first. Turn on the oven to 180C and line a dish with tinfoil. The dish should be about 30cm by 20 cm. The only issue about size is that if it's too deep, the brownies don't cook all the way through. You need to add things very quickly once the chocolate is melted, so I usually line up everything I need before I start melting the chocolate.

* 185g butter.
* 150g Dark chocolate (The Bourneville dark in the dark red wrapper works well, but dark couverture kicks bum).

Melt these together in a pot over a low heat, then turn the heat down even lower (whatever the lowest level your stove plate can give you) and add the ingredients in the order that they are listed below. You just add them straight into the pot, working on the stove to make sure the chocolate stays molten. Stir thoroughly after each ingredient is added.

* 2 eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla essence.

Stir.

* 3/4 cup sugar.

Stir.

* 2/3 cup flour
* 1 ts salt.

Stir.

* 50g white chocolate or topdeck
* 50 g milk chocolate, chopped into small chunks.
* handful of pecan nuts, chopped into chunks.

Make sure everything is blended properly, then pour the mixture out into the tinfoil lined dish. Lick spoon clean. It's permissible to lick the pot clean as well, just don't let anyone see you do it. Wipe chocolate off your face.

Bake for about 40 minutes. The cooking time is a little iffy, you might need longer. At 40 minutes I stick a skewer in to see if it's still sticky at the bottom. If itís still sticky I usually turn the oven down to 120 and let it sit for 5-10 minutes to dry out a bit. I then take it out the oven, cut the brownies into squares and let it sit (still in the dish) in the open air for about 30 minutes to dry it out just a little. Only then do I lift them out of the dish (just grab the tin foil and hoist the whole bundle out in one lump). I usually leave them in the tin foil, in a sealed tupperware container, and break off bits as I need them.

They are best eaten warm (you can reheat in the microwave as well just prior to serving) with ice cream or cream.

The first few times I got the cooking time wrong, so the general rule is the more batches you make, the better they get.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 07:02:51 AM by WolfWench »
It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
Re: Death By Triple Chocolate Brownies
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 08:43:43 AM »
That is similar to my favourite brownie recipe - I must try it out.

Does your dough ever get lumpy? I find mine sometime does but I can't figure out why.

OhHai!

Re: Death By Triple Chocolate Brownies
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 03:00:41 PM »
DO NOT POST TO THIS THREAD - RECIPES BEING EDITED

(placing in holiday cookies)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:09:48 PM by Friend of Eeyore »