News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 12, 2016, 01:56:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 12 days of Christmas  (Read 359 times)

DCGirl

The 12 days of Christmas
« on: December 24, 2015, 05:58:02 PM »
One of my friends from high school lost her husband quite suddenly this year.  He was only in his late 50s.  It was tremendous shock.  As you can imagine, she's been working through her shock, grief, sadness.... selling his beloved motorcyles.... 

For the past 12 days, she's been posting on Facebook about how someone (neighbors? friends? co-workers?) has been leaving a gift on her front steps for her to find every morning for a special 12 days of Christmas.  Each gift has been accompanied with an inspirational quote.  Day five was five ringing bells (Christmas ornaments), and the quote said something about how every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings, so her husband now has his wings and has found a way to turbocharge them.  Today was a fully decorated Christmas tree because she had been saying she didn't have the emotional energy to do a tree this year.

It's been really inspiring and deeply touching to follow along from a distance.  I thought I'd share this in case anyone knows someone who's lost someone. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 06:09:54 PM by DCGirl »

rain

Re: The 12 days of Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 07:13:10 PM »
give her some hugs from me ((((((((huge hugs)))))))))))
In search of a tag line