The Good Things in Life > Random acts of kindness and grace

"Paying it forward"....acts of kindness done for you by strangers

<< < (33/37) > >>

snowdragon:

--- Quote from: Elisabunny on November 04, 2012, 05:33:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: snowdragon on November 04, 2012, 02:46:09 PM ---I am a grad student. I have a class where I have to do a collection - could be anything, but since I come from a military family I wanted to do something to honour the soldiers, so I am collecting soldiers stories about their time in the service and making a slide show to go with it. My best friend mentioned it to her pastor, who talked to several of the older vets in the church. They have been kind enough to share with me their lives and stories. Some are so touching and heart felt that it's hard not to cry, other are humorous, others are matter of fact.
  I can not tell you how honoured I feel that they are willing to this for me.  I have two more weeks to do this "Officially" but I am going to record each offered so that they are preserved.

--- End quote ---

You might consider offering a copy to the county historical society.  They would probably be thrilled.

--- End quote ---

It will be offered to the museum where I am taking the course, first. :D

gmatoy:

--- Quote from: snowdragon on November 04, 2012, 02:46:09 PM ---I am a grad student. I have a class where I have to do a collection - could be anything, but since I come from a military family I wanted to do something to honour the soldiers, so I am collecting soldiers stories about their time in the service and making a slide show to go with it. My best friend mentioned it to her pastor, who talked to several of the older vets in the church. They have been kind enough to share with me their lives and stories. Some are so touching and heart felt that it's hard not to cry, other are humorous, others are matter of fact.
  I can not tell you how honoured I feel that they are willing to this for me.  I have two more weeks to do this "Officially" but I am going to record each offered so that they are preserved.

--- End quote ---

As a veteran, married to combat veteran, I thank you for this important contribution to both the veterans and the community.

snowdragon:

--- Quote from: gmatoy on December 31, 2012, 01:45:19 AM ---

--- End quote ---

As a veteran, married to combat veteran, I thank you for this important contribution to both the veterans and the community.

--- End quote ---

If you - or anyone you know wants to contribute, just PM me and I can tell you how. :) 

GreenEyedHawk:
We just had a massive winter storm here on Thursday...roads were a mess, traffic was terrible, there were a lot of accidents and all the shops around us...EXCEPT us...were allowed to go home early before the roads got any worse.

By the time I FINALLY got home, I knew I was going to have to shovel.  Coupled with a back injury from last week (caused by slipping on the ice while carrying a 30lb bag of dog food) I was not looking forward to the job.

When I got home, I went inside to change my clothes and sit for a minute before gearing back up to go outside and shovel.  I was just about to start piling on the layers when I looked out the window and saw one of the gentlemen who lives on my street, pushing his heavy-duty snowblower along the sidewalk in front of my house.  He came all the way up to my front porch, clearing everything.  I tried to get his attention to ask if he wanted a coffee or a hot chocolate or a snack, but he just waved back at me and continued on.  I wish I knew where he lived so I could thank him properly!

CakeEater:
This is only a little one - DS has just turned 2 and is going through a serious 'terrible twos' phase. He was screaming at the shops the other day, and I had just got him out of the trolley and sat down with him, and was getting out his favourite toy, when a lady stopped and sat down with me and dug a toy car out of her handbag and asked if that might help.

By that time, DS was already quiet, so I declined, but thanked her very much. What a nice lady!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version