Author Topic: Public Transportation  (Read 32085 times)

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Re: Public Transportation
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2012, 09:00:02 PM »
Gaaahhhhh. Dear female on the train: Really, if I can hear your screeching children from 5 rows away, through my earplugs, they're being disruptive. I wish I could ignore them half as well as you are ignoring them and the inquisitive looks from other passengers. Thank you *so* much for teaching your offspring about indoor voices, courtesy in crowded locations and general acceptable manners.
   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

GratefulMaria

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »
While at a stop or station:  if at all possible, please leave room around a posted schedule or system map so others could read it.

emeraldsage85

• Proud auntie of Owen!
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2012, 02:36:19 PM »
14. The people standing there, staring at you when the train doors open aren't doing it for fun. They want to get OFF the train. If you let them OFF, there will be more room for you to get ON. Pushing past them does not make the process go any faster, nor does standing in the center so they have to squeeze around you. Just take one big step to the left (or the right! Your choice!) and this will all go much faster.

I take the bus in my city and all of our busses have two doors. The general rule is that passengers getting on use the front door while passengers getting off use the back.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2012, 05:01:56 PM »
I don't use the bus and that rule is one of the reasons.  I don't have the strength to open the door easily and the step is also very steep.  The steps in the front are easier and the banister is better-arranged.

But I wish more people would remember to let people off first.