Rules regarding children for parents:
1. Don't take your young child to a late-night movie showing.
2. Don't take your young child to horror movies at ALL. (Seriously, you brought a 5-year-old to Silent Hill?)
3. Don't take your child with you a restaurant and feed them something you brought with you (exception for baby's formula/milk, of course).
Rules regarding children for others:
1. You are not allowed to touch, play with, or engage children without their guardians' permission.
2. Unless the child is in imminent danger, then it is not your job to correct the child.
3. Remember that children (especially under 12) do not have all their cognitive abilities yet. Treat them accordingly, with respect and understanding.
4. Children are people too.
Rules for children:
1. Shoes with wheels on them are called rollerskates. They belong outside and in roller rinks.
2. Screaming will not get you what you want.
3. Do not run in restaurants, theaters, malls, stores, museums, galleries, or any other enclosed space that's not a gymnasium!
4. If you bump into someone, apologize.