Author Topic: But he doesn't want to invite them *UPDATE #16*  (Read 6048 times)

I'mnotinsane

• My mother had me tested
Re: But he doesn't want to invite them
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 06:51:42 PM »
Extra chairs maybe? A variety of seating arrangements are nice.

Or Mom's Special Dish(tm)?

That's a good idea... maybe you could ask her to make your DH's favorite "mom" dish for lunch/dinner the next day? That would give him something special the next day, while allowing you a breather. :)

Ooh! Good idea.  And a little flattery never hurt anyone.

yupitsme

Re: But he doesn't want to invite them *UPDATE*
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 09:15:32 AM »
Extra chairs maybe? A variety of seating arrangements are nice.

Or Mom's Special Dish(tm)?

That's a good idea... maybe you could ask her to make your DH's favorite "mom" dish for lunch/dinner the next day? That would give him something special the next day, while allowing you a breather. :)

Ooh! Good idea.  And a little flattery never hurt anyone.

This isn't a bad idea. Letting her do something the next day.

As for drinks, ice and chairs...it's at a bar so that won't work.

Anyway, I did talk to her yesterday. I told her again that DH had the oppourtunity to invite other relatives and he say no one else. I told her that if she wanted to mention it to people it would be ok but I'm not sending anymore invitation. I also had to explain to her that this wasn't a big fancy party. It was just all of DH's friends getting together at a "dive" bar for drinks, a little food and dancing.

She did offer to get the cake. I thought this would be a great ides since I would be doing a lot of running around that day and she could pick it up for me. The she told me she wouldn't be able to pick it up, she just wanted to pay for it. I wouldn't mind that but it would be so much more helpfully if she was to pick it up. That's where I need the help. Picking things up, decorating, getting everything there. I have my family and a friend of mine doing all this for me.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
Re: But he doesn't want to invite them *UPDATE #16*
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 09:42:40 AM »
Hmmm, the way he said it to you and the way you phrased it to your DH makes me think that he may have been thinking "is there anyone that "must" be there?" rather than he specifically wanted you to exclude those people, kwim? Like "if we could only invite X number of people, what family members would you want included in that X number?"  He may not care if the others are invited, but may not specifically be against it...that was just my interpretation. ymmv though!
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

sbtier

• Super Hero!
Re: But he doesn't want to invite them
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 05:20:02 PM »
*I'm married to a man that puts a premium on beverage-diversity. Not even a 1,000,000 sq ft beverage emporium would have a large enough variety of drinks for him.
That's hilarious.   ;D

cass2591

• Global Moderator
Re: But he doesn't want to invite them *UPDATE #16*
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 05:47:01 PM »
Frankly, since you've said this isn't a space nor a financial issue, and your DH doesn't seem to have a beef with these people, why not just invite them? Will he really object? I mean seriously, what's the harm? He didn't specifically say not to invite them, did he?

Is this really a hill to die on?
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.