News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 25, 2018, 02:39:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Above and Beyond Vet  (Read 2578 times)

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
Above and Beyond Vet
« on: March 04, 2009, 02:39:29 PM »
Our little dog has had some health troubles (she ate something she shouldn't have and it caused some blockages in her intestine.) She had one surgery last week, but wasn't really getting better so our vet asked to keep her for a few days. He discovered yesterday that she had an infection so he went in and repaired it. This is the second surgery in 2 years our little dog has had on her intestines and it's been hard on her.

The thing is, he's been keeping her for free, and will continue to do so until it looks like she's improving, and his repair operation was free as well (which we were surprised about, when she had her operation 2 years ago we had to pay for them to reopen her when her stitches began to tear--this was back when the clinic was part of a 3 clinic operation--this last year our vet has been running our local clinic on his own.) Anyway, he's been keeping her since Saturday and has called us every day for an update. We're incredibly grateful that he's been treating us and our puppy so well and has been going above and beyond what we could expect.

Although the outlook is grim, I'd love to show my gratitude to the clinic somehow once this is over. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Minmom3

• Life moves onward and upward
Re: Above and Beyond Vet
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 08:36:24 AM »
A letter that can be posted up for all to read, detailing how grateful you are for all the care the vet has given your pet, is always nice.    A box of pastry is sweet, but a letter that can be read for months is really nice, especially when any reader can tell that you put thought into it - it's more than just "Thanks for treating my pet". 

Any vet's office is thrilled to see that an owner is truly grateful for what has been done, with or without the fees incurred.  We see all too many of the other kind who can't be bothered beyond the minimum, so a good letter can be nice evidence of the other kind of owner/client!
Double MIL now; not yet a Grandma.  Owner of Lard Butt Noelle, kitteh extraordinaire!

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 03:44:59 PM »
Last time one of my cats had such a major issue my vets were wonderful with explaining everything and talking me through treatment and giving me hints and tips. My cat pulled through - the incident was in Aug. So for Christmas I gave the vet and the vet tech that I talked to the most a gift certificate (I think $25) to target and a nice card thanking them. And I send a huge fruit basket from edible arrangements to the entire office staff. The vet and tech seemed to like the cards - they called me to thank me. And next time I went in the receptionist gushed about the fruit basket.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 04:59:26 PM »
BF works at a vet's office, and I know they love positive feedback, like notes and cards that really show that they've made a difference in someone's life.

They also love it when clients bring in treats (very common in their office), but he's tired of sugar, so maybe a less traditional snack?  Crackers and nice cheese or something, maybe?  They're super busy, so it's nice for them to have something that they can grab and nibble when they have five minutes.

I'll try to remember to ask him for other ideas when he gets home.

I hope your pup's health improves!

Trisha

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 07:24:38 PM »
I took in a box of chocolates to my vet when kitties had their surgery. I attached a thank you card, and I even dipped their paw into an ink pad and put their print on it with our names. They really liked it.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 09:25:41 PM »
I asked BF.  He said food, and letters are great.  Also, potted plants that aren't toxic for pets.  I'd be hesitant to get a plant without some clue that it would be appreciated, though...

CuriousGeorge

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 09:43:12 PM »
Couple years ago, my vet did some surgery on a rescue I had for a drastically reduced rate (this kitten is now being spoiled rotten at his new home, by the way ;) ).  I already knew she was amazing and one of my favorite people, but even that just blew me away.

A couple days later I stopped in on my way to work and dropped off a ton of cookies, cupcakes, and fruit along with a card for my vet thanking her for all she'd done and also for her staff being so helpful all the time.

If it's within your budget/capabilities, maybe you could do something similar?

(When I went to pick up the trays a few days later, I was told all treats were gone by the end of the same day I brought them in.  ;D )

hobish

• Release the gelfling!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 02:54:24 AM »

Food and plants are always good.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem