News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 20, 2017, 07:04:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: :x Warning: ewwwwwww  (Read 12862 times)

bluebirds

:x Warning: ewwwwwww
« on: March 29, 2009, 07:04:45 AM »
When I was young I put myself through university by working all-night shifts in a nightclub. Since I usually worked 11pm-11am, people were usually worse-for-wear by the time I came on shift. I saw some charming customers, but one guy in particular has always stayed in my memory. The place was always packed, and the exceedingly long bar littered with drinks in various stages of consumption. Using the crowd and profusion of glasses as cover, this gentleman would order a pint of water (from some newbie unaware of his tricks), pour it out, and then cruise the bar filling up his glass by tipping in the dregs of everyone else's drinks. This was not a discriminating man. He'd often mix wine, spirits, beer, and condiments together; when he had a full pint, he'd sit and savor his cocktail of dregs and backwash. Management would usually get him out, and I wish they had this one night before I was treated to the following sight.

This poor bloke looked short of a dollar or two, and some kindhearted regular customers included him in their round of tequila shots. The man in question insisted on the prized shot containing the worm (apparently the worm absorbs a lot of alcohol so you'll get a kick. Don't know if it's true!). Anyway, I happened to be watching to see if he was really going to swallow a worm. He did-for a moment anyway. Down went the shot. The gentleman gazed at the glass in deep thought for a moment-the puked up the shot again, in its entirety....perfectly in the glass and -I kid you not- with the worm circling lazily in the bottom of the glass. I wouldn't have believed it unless I saw it with my own eyes. I didn't know whether to puke or laugh hysterically. The good news is, the incident was witnessed by so many amazed people that the gentleman became a hit and had drinks bought for him from then on until I graduated and quit. He never needed to trawl for 'cocktails' again. However, I don't know how many of those people saw the sequel I saw-the gentleman regarding the puked-up shot, shrugging his shoulders, and downing it-again. I guess old spendthrift habits die hard. I personally have never touched tequila since.

Customers0826-07

There's nothing more to say to that is there?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 06:04:39 AM by bluebirds »

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
Re: :x
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 07:16:38 AM »
man that sounds like something that would happen at "Callahan's Bar"

Oh and EWWW
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 12:43:51 PM »
I think I'm going to be sick...
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Coralreef

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 01:12:04 PM »
I just came back from lunch.... beurk. :-X :-X
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." - Office coffee cup.

Animala

• Rowr!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 07:58:01 PM »
I think that is really sad.  He must have had a problem.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 04:38:21 AM »
Please could you add a warning to the thread title? I feel queasy... :-X

bluebirds

Re: :x Warning: ewwwwwww
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 06:05:09 AM »
All done - sorry for the lack of warning before!

GINO40

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 05:56:27 PM »
Gross... :-X

I would not want to be a witness to that!!

My Own World

• Every one goes South now and then.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 07:04:30 PM »
A lot of the frat rats I hung out with in college would think that really cool to do. 

I have had so many "adventures" in my past with people regurgitating around and on me that I guess I am more amazed at the man's aim than I am disgusted about the nature of what he did.
Common sense isn't as common as one might think.

Clara Bow

• I gotta go.
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 10:59:51 PM »
I have to hand it to him for the talent to hit a shotglass.......
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 02:53:26 PM »
I still say it sounds like Callahan's  (the Duck would have had to have been there though.)
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

Snewt

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 10:11:12 PM »
I still say it sounds like Callahan's  (the Duck would have had to have been there though.)

POD

Brentwood

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 10:15:14 PM »
I think that "gentleman" is not the word I would use.

Labhaoise

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 06:44:10 PM »
It wasn't Callaghan's, it was a bar in South Australia now mercifully defunct. Glad to hear there are other classy establishments where this might happen though! I have never in my life seen anything else to match the aim though.
Also, I used the term 'gentleman' in a slightly sarcastic manner.  ;)
Aoplogies for not including a warning in the first paragraph.

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 07:00:33 PM »
Callahan's, Mary's Place, and now "The Place" are bars in Spider Robinson's fiction.  I wonder if we are ever going to see anything written after Callahan's Con?  I miss reading new stories..........even if I don't spend much time in bars.

I would also think that there would be issues with the health code if any inspectors had come in while the guy was trolling for dregs...........
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?