Author Topic: Silence used to stun a PA "joker"  (Read 10678 times)

NotCinderell

Re: Silence used to stun a PA "joker"
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 06:35:16 PM »
A girl I knew, call her Cate. We were chatting and I broke the news that I had just had a miscarriage a few days earlier. She proceeds to say "Oh I know how you feel. I slept through dinner last night. I was so upset."......I don't think words could even describe the stare I gave her.

Yeah, I had a very similar situation when I was at my cousins' house after driving in because my grandmother was in the hospital having brain surgery, and a friend of theirs compared my bad day to the day he got a ketchup stain on his white shirt.  I reacted with silence, too.

Carlisle

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 05:49:47 AM »
My ex was atypical PA joker.  The main time I remember was we were at a BBQ party thrown by a colleague of mine from work.  A lot of people from work were there, including my boss.  We were having a nice time (or so I thought) until my ex started making distastful jokes (mainly around my 'performance' in the bedroom) in front of my boss.  We all just stared at him in silence, mouths open because we were so shocked.  It did shut him up at the time, but when we got home he tried to justify himself that he was 'Just having a Laff' and we all had 'no sense of humour'. I just shook my head in disbelief until he shut up.  It was this attitude along with many other things which led to him becoming an 'ex'!!  The up side was, that when I went back into work the next week, my boss and colleagues all comiserated with me over what an idiot he was.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 11:54:36 PM »
Nobody asked why you were getting a divorce, either, when that time came?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

snowball's chance

• Super Hero!
  • the poster formerly known as mm250
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »
I was at my ex-BF's parent's house meeting his parents and siblings for the first time.  I can't remember how it came up, but I said something about The Simpsons, which is my favorite show.  His dad overheard and asked, "You like The Simpsons?"  I said, "I love The Simpsons".  I can't remember exactly what he replied, it was either "And I thought you had taste." or "And I thought you were smart."

This wasn't a PA thing as much as a "No brain to mouth filter" thing.  I was at my friend's house and a friend of hers was over.  My friend was signing up for Facebook, and the two of us were kind of "helping" her along.  Background: my friend has an advanced degree.  She received her degree before she married, and uses her maiden name professionally, and her married name socially.  My friend was musing aloud which name to use for her profile, or both, or just maiden.  My friend pointed out that her high school & college friends know her as Lisa Smith, not Lisa Jones, and her friend said, "But if they search for you and see your profile, they'll think 'OMGosh, she's 30 and not married yet!'"  (tone clearly implying that would be awful).  Honestly, I was too stunned to come up a response to that.