Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

(1/3) > >>

MomTo5Cats:

CardenSaraid:
This one is so easy and so good.  It was the first recipe I used when I first made pumpkin pie.

Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/libbys-famous-pumpkin-pie/detail.aspx

Shoo:

--- Quote from: neysalmd on December 17, 2006, 09:54:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: CardenSaraid on December 16, 2006, 11:37:28 AM ---This one is so easy and so good.  It was the first recipe I used when I first made pumpkin pie.

Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/libbys-famous-pumpkin-pie/detail.aspx

--- End quote ---

thanx! i'll give it a try!

--- End quote ---

If you have any doubts at all about making pie crust (mine NEVER turns out right, no matter what recipe I use), just get the crusts you can buy in the package in the grocery store.  Not the frozen ones already in the plate, but the refrigerated ones that you roll out and put in your own pie plate.  They are very very good and very very easy!

pblair38:
As far as crust goes, I make my pumpkin chiffon pie (pumpkin pie, but you beat the egg whites separately and fold them in - makes it very fluffy) in crusts made out of crushed ginger snaps.  Out of this world! 

Penny

graceh9:

--- Quote from: neysalmd on December 16, 2006, 11:09:20 AM ---Hi all!
I'm wanting to try making a pumpkin pie for my DF for Christmas. Only problem - i've never made a pie, let alone a pumpkin pie. I'm good at cakes & cookies though.

Anyone got a good recipe for someone with no experience?

--- End quote ---

use the one on the pumpkin can -- which calls for evaporated milk -- and add one extra egg which makes it custardier 

you can also get pumpkin pie mix in a can (the usual pumpkin that is canned is just the pumpkin) -- the advantage of this for the amatuer is that the spices are already in the mix -- you still add eggs and milk however

I made one of these at Thanksgiving because my SIL bought the mix because they didn't have all of the spices --

it made a very good pumpkin pie (using frozen pie crusts which are as good as most homemade ones)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version