Author Topic: No, I can't afford to travel to the concert....  (Read 5018 times)

MissRose

No, I can't afford to travel to the concert....
« on: April 06, 2009, 05:28:17 AM »
I've been finding myself using NO as a complete sentence lately to a few friends who are trying to convince me to attend a special New Years Eve gig (in a major European capital city at a club that can accomodate about 300 to 400 people total) of one of my favorite performers.  The tickets go on sale in 2 weeks (gives people plenty of notice to book things like hotels and airfare especially overseas fans who want to attend). 

I live in the USA.  I've booked tickets to 2 concerts that are a few days apart in 2 different cities where i need to pay for overnight lodging & transport as well in September.  I'm also planning not longer after those shows are done, doing some traveling to several major cities to spend quality time with a few of my best friends which will incur some expense too.

So far, a few people are convinced that I can't go... Hopefully the remaining who don't will understand NO means NO (unless I win the lotto, and that wont happen LOL).  I know I will have the chance to see the performer live again, and not have alot of expenses to do so.

DaysOfPineAndRoses

Re: No, I can't afford to travel to the concert....
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »
I guess they're just have to accept it.

:-*

pootbear

Re: No, I can't afford to travel to the concert....
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 02:33:52 PM »
I just do not understand people who keep trying to talk others into going something, especially spending money after hear "NO-wish I could but I can't- hope y'all have a great time and will tell me about it later!"

That should just be the end of it!  I guess they get your "NO" after a while but jeez- I see why they're on your nerves!