Author Topic: For the Love of Ray-J: Danger vs. Unique  (Read 9815 times)

Bob Ducca

• Super Hero!
For the Love of Ray-J: Danger vs. Unique
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:59:41 AM »
(Ehelldame, great inspiration for a new subforum.  Silence is sometimes the hardest weapon to master, but it works wonderfully.)

I don't know if anyone else watches "For the Love of Ray-J."  If you don't, don't start.  This is another one of those Vh-1 "Celebrity Tries To Find Love A New Bed-Partner For A Year" shows.  Ray-J is Brandy's little brother, also infamous for making a naughty tape with Kim Kardashian.

Anyhoo, a great example of the Silent Retort was given in last night's episode.  Danger, the tattoo-faced girl, and Unique, the "lady," were in a verbal fight.  Ray-J came into the kitchen and Danger said nothing, acted very cool.  Unique stormed in, proceeded to curse and scream and holler, and Danger did nothing.  Said nothing.  She shrugged her shoulders and looked amused.

The lesson?  The girl with the tattoo on her face came out looking like the sane one.  All because she didn't rise to the bait.  And it worked very well- Unique, up to this point playing the role of "lady" to the hilt, completely lost it.

I thought it was a great lesson in how to use silence.  And that's why I watched it.   :-[

kdbug

• The only people that I need in my life are the ones that have shown me that they need me in theirs.
Re: For the Love of Ray-J: Danger vs. Unique
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 06:09:05 PM »
Hey no need for the  :-[ face. I have been known to watch some incredibly stupid VH-1 television myself.

I love the "Greatest whatever of "this" Decade" shows.

Bob Ducca

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 08:51:09 PM »
I'm watching it now...

kdbug

• The only people that I need in my life are the ones that have shown me that they need me in theirs.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 06:02:54 PM »
What does your tag line mean? It is very interesting....

MaggieB

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 06:49:26 PM »

I think it's a take-off of Robin Leach's catchphrase "Champagne wishes and caviar dreams"  ;D

Bob Ducca

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 10:17:48 PM »

The Carbonated Wishes is a riff on the Robin Leach tagline

The "hip musicians" is a quote from Seinfeld

The quote at the bottom was something I heard in a teaching seminar somewhere.