News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• October 22, 2017, 08:06:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ok, its not random and shes not a stranger, but still....  (Read 1861 times)

Corbin

Ok, its not random and shes not a stranger, but still....
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:51:11 PM »
My mom drove three hundred miles to take care of my kids for me while I was at drill. I drill about an hour away from my house, and I was planning to come home on Saturday night so that I could hang out with my mom, but we got a blizzard so I was stuck down there. Mom said no big deal, she and the kids were fine and were having fun.

When I got home on Sunday, she had cleaned my whole house! Now, I do pretty good, but I am an out-numbered single mother, and I do most of my big cleaning on the weekends. She went crazy! Both the kids rooms were clean (including my 13 y/o DS, who I had been fighting with about it for weeks! She made him do it himself, but helped with focus), everything was dusted, vacuumed, laundry was done and folded. My bathroom was cleaned and had a nice smelling candle and new bubble bath waiting for me. Both my cats were brushed for crying out loud! Oh, and there was a beautiful pot of home-made chicken soup on the stove, along with biscuits and a steamed artichoke (my fav thing ever!). Before she left she even divided the soup into tupperware bowls so I could take it to work for lunch! She said that she knew I was working hard,and she was proud of me, and she wanted to help me out!

(for some this would be a huge invasion of privacy, but I have a great relationship with my mom, and she really means it when she says she wants to help me out)

I have the best mother in the world! ;D
"If someone else posted this, I would be convinced they were making it up..."

Team HoundMom

Re: Ok, its not random and shes not a stranger, but still....
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 08:54:41 PM »
Wow.  You certainly do have the best mother in the world!  (next to my own, of course.  ;))

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 08:51:17 AM »
Can I have your mother's address so I can invite her to spend the weekend?   ;D

If someone were to do this for me, I'd be kissing their feet for weeks!
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Corbin

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 09:28:41 AM »
I know! I thanked her until she started getting annoyed with me (typical mom), and she should be getting a very large flower arrangement delivered to her desk any moment now!

BettyP

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 10:15:12 AM »
Does she want to adopt another daughter?? That is so NOT how my mother would act.

Corbin

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »
Believe me, I know just how lucky I am! My ex-MIL was the toxic mother from H-E-Double toothpicks. As I go around the house I keep finding little things she took care of for me (refill the air fresheners, bought groceries, hid my favorite ice cream way at the back of the freezer so the kids didnt find it etc). Things I would have gotten around to eventually. Some of it, I am sure, was nervous energy; my brother drills with me, and we just found out he is going to Afghanistan. She has already been through me going to Iraq, so she is scared. And when she is scared, she keeps busy. I told her that if she just wants to move in, she is more than welcome! ;D

TootsNYC

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 11:30:16 PM »
and of course, kids will always listen to someone else instead of mom.

What a nice feeling that must be, to feel so loved, so practicably.