Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1820047 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #18705 on: Yesterday at 01:24:16 PM »
Count me in the camp as always being warm. I hate being told I need to put my coat on, wear a hat, etc. I despise hats, and aside from the fact they look hideous on me, I just wont' wear them. I have discovered fleece headbands that cover my ears, and when its super cold out, i wear them. But I work inside, and my car is heated. so I go from my apt to my car, and I'm just fine.

I got yelled at a couple of years ago by one of my customers. I had managed to leave my car lights on, so I ran out to turn them off. My store is in a strip mall, and it was literally 50 feet or less from the door to my car. It happened to be during a cold spell, where it was in the single digits out. But i was warm from running around inside the store, so I just went out, turned off the lights, and came back in. total time? 10 seconds or less but she yelled at me (not really) for not putting my coat on.

I was like really? look at me. I'm wearing short sleeves, and flats wiht NO socks since I'm so hot inside. Do i look like the cold bothers me?

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18706 on: Yesterday at 07:32:00 PM »
Well, it's been a long time since I ran around in the snow with no coat!

Now I am very cold sensitive, and the serious health problem I've been battling for months has made it worse.  It drives me nuts that certain people *coughcoughDHcough* say "You can't possibly be cold!"  Yes, I can and I am.  "Well, then go put on warmer clothes instead of turning up the heat!"  I'm wearing thermal underwear, sweatpants, a long-sleeved turtleneck, and a sweater, two pairs of socks and a pair of fleece slippers, and I'M STILL COLD!!  LEAVE THAT THERMOSTAT WHERE I SET IT! (Yes, I meant to shout!)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #18707 on: Yesterday at 07:40:51 PM »
There were four couples who RSVP'd yes to my wedding. One person apologized profusely and I told her that although I did not care for how she handled it, I understand how it happened and Inwas thankful she apologized. We speak weekly (and she's three weeks less pregnant than I! We are enjoying being pregnant together). Another couple also apologized, we spoke about it, and we are friendly. The third couple I don't really care about because we no longer -have- to socialize. The fourth, well, pretty much the cut direct except I haven't actually run into either of them in public; it has been complete radio silence.

However, a little birdy (read: Gossip Queen) told me that the fourth couple female (the one with whom I was friends) was harassing the pregnant friend about me still talking to pregnant friend but that I don't talk to and haven't re-friended her at all. Pregnant friend was direct and said, "Why would she? You never apologized and you clearly don't feel bad about what happened."

The wall driving up part? Gossip Queen has now taken it upon herself to try to smooth over everything between all three of us even though pregnant friend and I have no desire to be friends with fourth AND that Gossip Queen has nothing to do with the situation. That woman drives me nuts.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #18708 on: Yesterday at 08:42:01 PM »
My younger kid does this. It makes me crazy, but I pretend it doesn't. I remind her once that it's chilly outside, and then it's all up to her. I'm hoping that one of these days, it will sink in. She's very determined to wear as little as possible, though. I have no idea why. Luckily, it's usually not cold enough to be dangerous here. Even then, I only grab a coat for her if we're going to be outside for a little bit. Running from the van to the school (preschool doesn't have outdoor recess) or the store in freezing weather won't kill her.

I get odd looks because it's a warm (to me) climate, and natives must be horrified at my half-dressed child. That's really the only thing about it that bothers me anymore. A lot of the time, I *know* she'll be cold, and she's really not. She's perfectly comfortable.
I've always - run hot. Part of it is my skin conditions - both (interconnected) don't respond well to me being overheated in long sleeves/sweaters/jackets. Mom and Dad's solution was simple -take a jacket in case you get cold. A solution we take with all the kids in the family in cold weather. Their standard response to any criticism from strangers - They are 3/4 Canadian and walk off. (Mom was Canadian - Dad was Mother's family lived in Alberta at one point  - but the answer was suppose to be nonsense to throw off nosy parkers).

What makes me furious - being told I have to wear a jacket by other adults. One time I was ordered to put on a jacket by the principal. I had one because it was supposed to rain at dismissal time. I put it on, then at lunch - right after recess - I went into her office and showed her my arms now covered by furious red rash. I spent the rest of the day holding Ice Packs on my arms - including during the 90 min meeting we had to discuss test results. Funny - I was never told to wear a jacket again. (If I had been HR and I would be having a discussion.)

At the Zoo over Thanksgiving Break. This woman started fussing at my niece (10) nephew (7) because they weren't wearing jackets. Nephew's response - why would we wear jackets? - they need to turn the misters back on it is hot! According to Dark Sky app it was 70. The zoo has the fans that blow mist to cool off in during the summers. Nephew spends most of the time we are there soaking wet. For medical reason Niece can't get her shorts wet, but she keeps her head soaking wet.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18709 on: Yesterday at 09:10:20 PM »
Due to congenital hypothyroidism and anemia, (at least that's what I'm blaming it on) I'm practically cold blooded.  DH will be next to me in bed with a tshirt and shorts on and a sheet, light blanket at most in winter while I'm in long sleeves, long pants, socks (as long as they stay on), sheet, electric blanket, and quilt and cuddling with a fleece blanket and that's where I'm comfortable. 

His complaint is I'm a very restless sleeper.  I don't even realize it, but apparently I do move quite a bit when I'm sleeping. Doesn't really affect my quality of sleep as I wake up rested generally after 7-8 hours unless I'm sick in which case I sleep longer.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mmswm

« Reply #18710 on: Yesterday at 09:52:28 PM »
BF and I are on total opposite ends of the temperature scale.  I'm in the house wearing a long sleeved t-shirt and the coat I wore during the North Dakota winters when I lived there and he's wearing a t-shirt.  I'm complaining I"m still cold and he's complaining he's hot.  The thermostat says it's 66F in the house.  We're both crazy, apparently.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18711 on: Yesterday at 10:19:47 PM »
Due to congenital hypothyroidism and anemia, (at least that's what I'm blaming it on) I'm practically cold blooded.  DH will be next to me in bed with a tshirt and shorts on and a sheet, light blanket at most in winter while I'm in long sleeves, long pants, socks (as long as they stay on), sheet, electric blanket, and quilt and cuddling with a fleece blanket and that's where I'm comfortable. 
The pattern on this page makes wonderfully warm socks that not only stay on, but stay up! I got mine at JoAnn Fabrics, so it's pretty widely available.  I can't sleep if my feet are cold.  You don't need a serger to make them.  (And you can eliminate the ribbing at the top if you like.)
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

andi

« Reply #18712 on: Yesterday at 10:44:56 PM »
BF and I are on total opposite ends of the temperature scale.  I'm in the house wearing a long sleeved t-shirt and the coat I wore during the North Dakota winters when I lived there and he's wearing a t-shirt.  I'm complaining I"m still cold and he's complaining he's hot.  The thermostat says it's 66F in the house.  We're both crazy, apparently.

Are you at my house?  DH bought me an electric blanket because I cannot stay warm. Our biggest arguements are over the thermostat and home temp. I'm in sweats, socks, long sleeved t-shirt, sweater and electric blanket under me and fleece blanket over me. He's in shorts and a t shirt and sweating, just turned the fan on high and is threatening to turn on the AC. It's 41 and raining outside.

mmswm

« Reply #18713 on: Yesterday at 11:07:23 PM »

Are you at my house?  DH bought me an electric blanket because I cannot stay warm. Our biggest arguements are over the thermostat and home temp. I'm in sweats, socks, long sleeved t-shirt, sweater and electric blanket under me and fleece blanket over me. He's in shorts and a t shirt and sweating, just turned the fan on high and is threatening to turn on the AC. It's 41 and raining outside.

Or your husband is considering bigamy!  As soon as I posted the above, bf came into the kitchen from the living room wearing just jeans.  No shirt, no socks, just jeans.  And he was sweating and asking if it would be okay to turn the heat off. It's not quite as cold here; 56F, but I was in the kitchen cooking and still cold!  In his defense, he was wrangling the Christmas tree, which refuses to stand upright.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

mmswm

« Reply #18714 on: Today at 03:08:40 AM »
One week before Christmas is not the time to ask for a homemade fruitcake "like grandma used to make."

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #18715 on: Today at 03:26:36 AM »
One week before Christmas is not the time to ask for a homemade fruitcake "like grandma used to make."

Now just why not? That request seems perfectly reasonable to me. It's not like you're doing anything else, anyway. Oh yeah, and I told your aunt you'd make one for her, too. Don't embarass me by not making one for her!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.