News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• April 21, 2015, 09:38:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 71227 times)

Ryuugan80

• AO3 Profile
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1305 on: April 06, 2015, 01:55:10 PM »
This weekend: managed to write two relatively long chapters for my fanfic (I'd been stuck in a rut since January). Didn't study for my test on Thursday,  but hey, small victories! )

(I was having problems with the introductory chapter for Thor,  yelled "Screw it!" and switched to Steve. Which apparently lit a fire under me.)
"Yo, those kids are straight up liars, man. All I told them to do was run product. And by product, I mean chewing gum."  - Lie to Me

-----

Lestrade: "Exactly how many times did he fall out of the window?"
Sherlock: "Oh, it's all a bit of a blur, Detective Inspector. I lost count

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1306 on: April 06, 2015, 06:26:00 PM »
Thursday:
Baked whole wheat bread
Baked raisin bread
Rolled three pie shells for lemon pie
Went to a goodbye lunch for a coworker
Prepped 2 raspberry pies for the freezer
Prepped 3 blueberry pies for the freezer
Baked a blueberry tartlet with the remainder of the pastry
Washed dishes
Broke my bathroom scale - shattered into a million pieces
Cleaned up the bathroom floor
Made dinner - soup and salad and homemade bread
Did a load of laundry
Didn't find that I'd missed any glass with my bare feet overnight

Friday:
Drove over 4 hours to my brother's place - with a detour to pick up my Dad
Finished a deer hat
Started a second deer hat

Saturday:
Made 3 lemon pies
Baked beans
Made two big dishes of scalloped potatoes
Did dishes about 3 times
Walked about 5 km
Finished the second hat
Finished a third hat
Helped put food away after Easter dinner

Sunday:
Drove over 5 hours back
Helped walk the boyfriend's dogs
Helped with veggie prep for a second Easter dinner
Played with puppies!

Monday:
Returned the pieces of the bathroom scale
Baked and decorated a carrot cake for work, as well as a few cupcakes
Loaded, ran, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher
Quick grocery store run
Helped walk the boyfriend's dogs
Made dinner

Wow.  No wonder I'm tired!

(Full disclosure:  The boyfriend was sous chef for most of the cooking.  :))
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

daen

« Reply #1307 on: April 06, 2015, 11:12:47 PM »
Outdoor Girl: deer hat? Please, go on.  :)
Whether it's hats for deer, or hats with antlers, I must know more.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1308 on: April 07, 2015, 11:28:17 AM »
Outdoor Girl: deer hat? Please, go on.  :)
Whether it's hats for deer, or hats with antlers, I must know more.

The pattern is in the craft section somewhere.  SamiHami asked me to make her one years ago and it's snowballed since then.  I've probably made about a hundred or so.  It is kind of rude, though.  It is a lovely intarsia pattern with trees and mountains and a couple of deer/caribou.  Except one of the deer is... um... on top of the other deer.  They are extremely popular with teen/college aged boys and some girls.  And with men who still think they are boys.  LOL.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

snowfire

« Reply #1309 on: April 07, 2015, 07:48:30 PM »
Outdoor Girl, that made me tired just reading it!  I'll have to go look up the deer hat, sounds hilarious.

DH & I spent 5 hours at his Mom's house scrubbing walls with TSP. One more to go, then we can skim coat the divots & get the painters in. (We had removed the wallpaper from you-know-where & had to prep the walls for painting.) More to do tomorrow.  ::)

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1310 on: April 18, 2015, 02:03:49 PM »
today - i woke up after 10 hours of sleep, for the first time in a long time, so yay!

cleaned the house, made a humungous batch of baked beans/chili for DS (for freezer) - one kilo (~2 pounds) dry white beans, 1/4 kilo (about half pound) chopped beef, onion, spices, tomato sauce. made yaki onigri for DS (first time - boy was that easy!), washed a huge head of lettuce so it will be ready for this week's salads, made a chopped salad that lasts a few days in the fridge. i think that's it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #1311 on: April 18, 2015, 02:58:14 PM »
Assembled my workbench and managed a trip to the shops. Getting better!

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1312 on: April 19, 2015, 01:31:38 AM »
Yesterday we put in a small container garden with some herbs and Chinese vegetables.  It's raised so I can work on it without getting down on my knees which is impossible.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

daen

« Reply #1313 on: April 19, 2015, 06:51:36 PM »
Today I:

• got my parents to figure out what they want for a 50th anniversary celebration
  • updated my siblings on said wants, including action points
  • created a mind map of what needs to be done for said celebration
  • made notes of planning to date for family weekend getaway (now to be planned by someone other than me)
  • started (and mostly finished) an assignment I had forgotten was due tomorrow at 11:59 pm
  • made arrangements to get more stuff out of my house, at least temporarily
  • did some fittings with a pullover sweater I'm hoping to resurrect as a cardigan
  • took a nap

gmatoy

« Reply #1314 on: Yesterday at 12:08:22 AM »
Spent the day shopping, or, as I say, keeping the economy going. Found some great clothes for me, some shirts for DS's birthday, some great fabric choices, and some placemats that I'm going to use to make some Christmas gifts. DH drove me everywhere and we had a wonderful day! On the bus, I would not have been able to do half as much! (I don't drive.)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1315 on: Yesterday at 09:17:04 AM »
It's been busy.

Friday, I left work a little early and made about 200 icing flowers for my Aunt's 80th birthday party cupcakes to help out my cousin.  Then I went to a ball practice.  Saturday, I went to a funeral for my boyfriend's cousin and met some of his friends, too.

Sunday, I had another ball practice and helped BF with moving stuff from his house to where he's living now.  The ex is still in the house and it's going to be sold so he has to move all his tools and stuff.
Ontario

turtleIScream

« Reply #1316 on: Today at 09:12:54 AM »
Yesterday:

Got my recipe database working again (yay!) and printed out several recipes to keep on hand in the kitchen. Got my recipe book organised too.
Mopped.
Got all the laundry finished (washed, dried, put away)
Put the basement back together after our mini-flood. My husband told me Friday he spent the morning cleaning all that up, so imagine my surprise when I went down and found nothing put away. Now the only thing left is to move the furniture to lay down the rug.
Paid bills and filed paperwork.
Made beds.
Made dinner.

Today, I'm getting my hair done.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1317 on: Today at 09:24:45 AM »
I ended up cooking all the farm veggies I had in the fridge and making up dinners for the freezer.  And then went out to dinner with BF, grabbed some boxes and pails out of my shed and into his truck for his moving and had a relaxing evening after that.  This morning, I made breakfast for us, which I never do at home on a workday.  I usually just have cereal at the office.  He followed me in and got all the boxes I forgot to bring home for him last night.

So I'm here at work and he's working on moving stuff.

I'm heading to my Dad's this afternoon to see about buying him some new clothes for my aunt's party next weekend.  We'll have dinner and I'll drive home to sleep in my own bed.  I work tomorrow then have Thursday and Friday off to help BF with the moving again.
Ontario