Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 4384161 times)

Lorelei_Evil

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #26355 on: Today at 02:37:42 PM »
Along those lines, there were two groups of Cub Scouts camping. Our group and another group. We were (as leaders) always very big on following all the rules and being good examples to our youth. We were at a campground out in the country, an hour from any sort of civilization. No pay phones, cell towers or fire stations within 15 miles of this campground.

The other group were not so big on following rules, whether major rules (every kid has to have a buddy, fires have to be manageable size) to minor rules (clean up after yourselves). They had a bonfire. They poured lighter fluid and gasoline on their very large bonfire. There were fireballs going into the sky.

The biggest thing they did wrong? Sunday morning, packed their stuff away, left a very messy camp and a 7-year old Cub Scout behind. For an hour and a half. We kept an eye on him and some of our kids spent the waiting time with him so he didn't feel alone.

We did get their information and we did report them to their Council, but who does that?

The same kind of mentally deficient types who TIP over a landmark rock formation...then try to explain away their actions as being needed because the balanced rock is a "safety hazard" to people walking the paths (most of them the same people who are there to marvel at the balanced rock carved by water & wind erosion).

There are no adequate words for those who destroy something like that, apparently so that they can be the last ones to see whatever it is and to know that they are now the ones who are going to have a modicum of fame as the one(s) who destroyed it....although the concept of the Ancient Egyptians to destroy every mention of such a person's name and wipe out every record of their existence, to render them eternally "Nameless" and wipe everything possible does lend itself to a possible suggestion as to what to do with them...

Those 2 creeps got probation.  Just probation.  After they FILMED it and put it on the internet, only probation.   >:(

becktheriddler

« Reply #26356 on: Today at 03:17:21 PM »
I despise parking lot vultures; specifically the ones with delusions of high importance (Snowflake Syndrome?).

My husband and were coming out of SprawlMart several years ago when our son was about a month old or so.  SprawlMart very much tries my patience because it's always crowded and I just want to get in and out, so by the time we were done shopping, I was already quite cranky.

The one nice thing (or so I thought) about the visit was that we landed a great parking spot.  After we finished loading groceries in the trunk, I started buckling the kiddo into his carseat.  At this point the lady who had followed us from the front doors of the store to our parking spot and had been waiting for it this entire time became impatient enough to honk at us to hurry up so she could take our spot.

After going more than a few months with little to no sleep, dealing with the crowds, and now being honked at for doing nothing wrong, I completely snapped and stomped up to the lady's car and said something like, "I am TRYING to strap my son into his carseat.  If you can't wait, find another damned spot!"  I think I actually scared her a bit (I'm sure I looked like hell); she ended up driving away.

I felt bad later after I'd gotten home and de-stressed a bit.  There was no excuse for how I behaved.   :-\

I love this!  Wish I had the courage to do that to people who sit and wait and act impatient while you try to unload stuff and get baby in car.  What's always the icing on the cake is when they've been sooooo impatient that they have crept/crawled their cars so close to yours that you can't back out to let them in.  Thanks for the giggle!
I had a parking lot vulture I accidentally stopped. In college, parking spots near the dorm where few and far between. I had gotten one, and we had gotten a major snowstorm. I went out to my car just to clean it off, because we were expecting another major storm and I thought it would be easier to clean off 5 inches than a total of 10. Vulture sees me cleaning off car, and stops to wait for my space. After a few minutes (I already had a lot of snow to clear off) I saw htem, and explained I wasn't leaving, just cleaning off my car. Their response? "Well, since you cleaned off your car you have to leave". me "No, I don't", finished cleaning my car and walked back to the dorm
By Grabthat's Hammer...what a savings!

Coralreef

« Reply #26357 on: Today at 03:49:32 PM »
Parking lot vultures are bad, but parking lot spot holders are asking to be runned over.  I almost ran over two  that were "holding the spot" as I was turning to park.  Good thing I never, ever go fast in parking lots.

As for the Scout troup leaders that tipped the rock?  They should have gotten much stiffer penalties.  What they did was vandalizing.

[/right

darling

« Reply #26358 on: Today at 05:39:50 PM »
Dh J is a Boy Scout leader.  Their troop was camped next to another troop one weekend that did all the above as well as all the adults were drinking alcohol which is a huge no no in scouting.

I would call the district leader on those idiots... Because kids, fire, and alcohol mix really, really well...  ::)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Runs with scissors!
« Reply #26359 on: Today at 06:02:44 PM »
Parking lot vultures are bad, but parking lot spot holders are asking to be runned over.  I almost ran over two  that were "holding the spot" as I was turning to park.  Good thing I never, ever go fast in parking lots.

As for the Scout troup leaders that tipped the rock?  They should have gotten much stiffer penalties.  What they did was vandalizing.

Vandalizing doesn't quite cover it - they didn't deface it by putting their names on it - they destroyed it as a natural wonder & turned it into some broken boulder that used to balance on another bit of rock in an amazing way but you can't tell anymore because it's all just bits (well, big bits, but broken bits) of rock.

The good news is that none of the kids in the troup got injured by the results of their macho idiocy.

The bad news is that there were not consequences to speak of to demonstrate why rolling balanced boulders off their balance point is a really, really bad idea.

Wyle E. Coyote would have been flattened at least twice by the boulder rolling over him, up a cliff face, and then back over him - while missing the Roadrunner entirely...but that would be in a Looney Toons cartoon.  In real life, I'm amazed that the rock(s) didn't end up flattening something or spray broken bits into people.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?