News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 23, 2016, 06:19:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 7986716 times)

Twik

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #35520 on: Yesterday at 12:07:45 PM »
(Apparently afterwards he found the drone's owner and apologised - he hadn't thought he'd actually hit it! Now they're organising an event for drone owners to dress their drones up as dragons, and spearmen to compete to shoot them down.)

There's only one thing I can say about this, seeing as I am a grown sensible adult.

SQUEEE!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

knitwicca

« Reply #35521 on: Yesterday at 01:12:18 PM »
Ulysees — who like his sister is not vaccinated — had scarlet fever and chickenpox, but was aided through medicinal foods and herbs rather than taken to see a doctor.

How would anyone know what this child had if he has not been taken to a doctor? Plus, scarlet fever can have some ugly long-term affects...like kidney disease.

I am also concerned about a 7-year-old who counts to 20 but cannot read or write at all.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #35522 on: Yesterday at 01:16:28 PM »
Dear Mr SS,

I don't know you, and that's fine. You were parallel parked along a two lane road, which is fine.

However, you don't get to make a u-turn from your parking space, and nearly get hit by me and the three other cars that were within 20 feet of you!

Sincerely,

Me
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #35523 on: Yesterday at 06:43:14 PM »
Ulysees — who like his sister is not vaccinated — had scarlet fever and chickenpox, but was aided through medicinal foods and herbs rather than taken to see a doctor.

How would anyone know what this child had if he has not been taken to a doctor? Plus, scarlet fever can have some ugly long-term affects...like kidney disease.

I am also concerned about a 7-year-old who counts to 20 but cannot read or write at all.
Apparently Costa Rica has mandatory proof of vaccination for foreigners or you are deported.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
« Reply #35524 on: Yesterday at 07:08:36 PM »

Apparently Costa Rica has mandatory proof of vaccination for foreigners or you are deported.
;D >:D ;D >:D ;D >:D
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Hillia

« Reply #35525 on: Yesterday at 08:30:47 PM »

They've obviously done their research and are well prepared to begin an independent, self sustaining lice in a country with an unfamiliar language, laws, and customs.  I'm sure they know all about the climate and ecosystems, and what food cross will do well there. ::)

Dr. F.

« Reply #35526 on: Yesterday at 08:35:04 PM »

They've obviously done their research and are well prepared to begin an independent, self sustaining lice in a country with an unfamiliar language, laws, and customs.  I'm sure they know all about the climate and ecosystems, and what food cross will do well there. ::)

Loving this typo. It seems really appropriate.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #35527 on: Yesterday at 08:38:20 PM »

Loving this typo. It seems really appropriate.
I'm wondering how much research they've done at all. Here's a summary of their attitude from TV tropes.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheSimpleLifeIsSimple

Why does everyone in the city think they can be a farmer? I can barely keep my kitchen herbs alive.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #35528 on: Today at 04:15:07 AM »
Why does everyone in the city think they can be a farmer? I can barely keep my kitchen herbs alive.

This should be a quote on the wall of my house.

eltf177

« Reply #35529 on: Today at 06:00:19 AM »

This exactly! My grandfather and great-grandfather on my mom's side were farmers and I spent a lot of summers there. Plowed fields with both a horse and a mule. Fed chickens and shot foxes with bow and arrow. Slopped pigs. It's a LOT of hard work and you have to know what you're doing...

Somehow I don't see these folks fairing too well, especially once the money runs out...