• March 19, 2018, 08:13:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: kids birthday invitation  (Read 1401 times)

kids birthday invitation
« on: April 18, 2009, 11:38:02 AM »
My DD is turning 2 shortly and I'm planning a very small party.  I could use some advice on the invitations.

Basically, I'm inviting the little girls from the 2 houses next door to a tea party.  We are relatively new in the neighborhood.  The 3 girls play outside together in the front yards, but I'm still trying to get to know the neighbors better.

1) Although I'm sure that 1 parent would expect to attend, should I make that clear?  (Both parents would be welcome, but both families have other older kids so it's unlikely that all the adults would attend.)

2) The girls are welcome to bring a teddy bear, etc. to join in the tea party, since I'm sure DD will want to feed her bears (and she's not that great at sharing just yet). 

Right now my draft invite reads:

Kid's parent(s), and
Kid's favorite doll or animal

are invited to a Tea Party

date, time

Re: kids birthday invitation
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 11:50:07 AM »
cute idea! I like to put a start and finish time, so everyone is clear on that.

Created by - Free Weight Loss Tools

• No power in the 'verse can stop me!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 01:40:57 PM »

I think that's a sweet idea.  I'm reminded of Rumer Godden's Little Plum, where there is a long series of disagreements involving Japanese dolls culminating with a tea party, and the invitation was from the dolls belonging to one girl to the doll belonging to the other:  "Please bring your most honourable girl." 

Remember to provide place settings for all the toys, is all I have to suggest.   ;)

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 11:27:42 AM »
Very cute!  Have fun.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 07:07:47 PM »
I can't imagine that ANY parent of a 2-year-old would think they weren't allowed to be there; I don't think you need to say it.

You could specifically invite the moms, but then that might give the moms the idea that they're at the table with the girls, and this is sort of nice with the girls together.

Also,  you can't host the moms the same way, bcs you'll be running the party.