Author Topic: It worked for DH!  (Read 3521 times)

gentlebutterfly

It worked for DH!
« on: April 19, 2009, 03:06:14 PM »
I don't post much, but I was so happy this worked that I thought I would share.  :)

B/G: About a week ago I was outside and a guy came up and mentioned that he cuts lawns in the neighborhood. I asked him how much and he told me a price I wasn't willing to pay. We went back and forth for a little bit, until I finally said "I'm sorry, I cannot pay anymore than X." He got the message and went on his way. I told DH about it later.

Anyway, a couple days later DH, DS and I were headed out and I saw Lawn Guy coming up to us again, this time addressing DH. The conversation went like this:

LG: Hey, I thought I could cut your grass for XX. (the same price I didn't agree to the first time)
DH: Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my wife had made it clear, we can't pay any more than X.
LG: Well, yeah, but you know how women get. They don't understand lawns like us. I thought you would understand better.
DH just kind of raised an eyebrow at him. (He told me later he wasn't even sure how to respond to that).
LG: So...I guess you won't be needing me to cut the lawn then.
DH: Nope, have a good day. 

Hopefully this time the message will stick.

dirtyweasel

• Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
Re: It worked for DH!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 02:12:34 AM »
Wow....blatant sexism.  Don't you just love it?  Good thing your DH let him know with the raised eyebrow and silence that his comment wasn't appropriate.  Wow, now that I think about it what in the world was that guy thinking?!?!? 

shiksagoddess

• Stop me before I volunteer again!
Re: It worked for DH!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 03:47:02 PM »
I can only imagine the household he must have been raised in that would foster this blatently sexist attitude.

No wonder he can't get a job doing anything but cutting lawns.

- the shiksagoddess