Author Topic: GimmePigs: Grape Kool-Aide On Superbowl Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9565 times)

MandiC76

Re: GimmePigs: Grape Kool-Aide On Superbowl Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 03:51:28 PM »
Isn't it a bit of a faux pas (not a big one, though) to serve non-alcoholic drinks in wine glasses, rather than the kind of glass you'd normally use for water/juice/soda, at an event such as a wedding?

No.

Not any more than my sister serving water or other non-alcoholic beverages in wine glasses at Christmas dinner. It's simply a "fancy" glass for a "fancy" occasion - there's no rule that says wine glasses can only be used for wine.

Asharah

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 08:09:59 PM »
My sister's wedding was February 22, 1980. If the date sounds familiar, it was also the night the The Lake Placid USA Olympic hockey team beat the USSR in the semi-finals. So nobody in my family got to watch "the miracle of Lake Placid."
Asharah

bo

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 10:25:06 PM »
When we were planning our wedding, the Rangers were in the playoffs and it was a possibilty they would have made the Stanley Cup. DH joked around saying he might be at the bar watching the game on tv.

I don't think I would be that bothered if some of the guests did watch the game on the bar tv. As long as my husband was present for cake cutting, garter toss, etc.

bo

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 10:25:56 PM »
completely off topic, but YAY I am finally a member and not  a jr. member..continue on

Mrs. Pilgrim

• I use cleaning for therapy. The carpets don't brag about needing cleaning, and the dishes don't diss me.
  • I love waffles--but only the food kind.
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2010, 12:10:41 PM »
Just out of curiosity:

If you're not a follower of sporting events or other such things, how would one know what's going to happen on any given day?

Notes on the LW:

Carping about being served grape Kool-Aid (although I smell exaggeration) and a wedding on Super Bowl Sunday that you didn't HAVE to attend--bad.  MOB passing the plate--bad.

It's a no-score game so far.
"Use the proper word, not its second cousin." --Mark Twain, Fenimore Cooper's Literary Offenses

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2010, 12:22:15 PM »
If the reception was at the church, serving alcohol would have been a HUGE faux pas. Every Baptist church I'm familiar with will absolutely not allow alcohol on the premises. Even if by some fluke it was allowed, if the guests were mostly Baptist, there would have been at least a few people there who would have been offended.

If so, there are lots of non-alcoholic drinks more palatable than Grape Koolaid, like lemonade, juices, or even water, if their budget is super tight.  I *like* koolaid, but the grape flavor is particularly gross to me.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 04:26:04 PM »
I got scolded for daring to have my wedding the same day as our town-wide yard sale.  Hey, I planned my wedding months in advance, and didn't hear about the yard sale until about a month before the wedding.

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »
If the reception was at the church, serving alcohol would have been a HUGE faux pas. Every Baptist church I'm familiar with will absolutely not allow alcohol on the premises. Even if by some fluke it was allowed, if the guests were mostly Baptist, there would have been at least a few people there who would have been offended.

If so, there are lots of non-alcoholic drinks more palatable than Grape Koolaid, like lemonade, juices, or even water, if their budget is super tight.  I *like* koolaid, but the grape flavor is particularly gross to me.
off topic .....yeah at least serve cherry kool aid

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2010, 08:56:46 PM »

off topic .....yeah at least serve cherry kool aid

Mmmm....

I bought some Hibiscus "kool-aid" (its some mexican brand) and its TASTY!

YummyYummy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]