Author Topic: Need recipes that were lost!!!  (Read 5204 times)

DottyG

• Super Hero!
Need recipes that were lost!!!
« on: December 05, 2006, 08:00:22 PM »
I just assumed that the recipes in the old forum that I tried and loved would still be around, so I never made an actual copy of them. :(  HELP!

For instance, whoever posted the chicken recipe that uses cream of mushroom soup and breadcrumbs and cheese, pretty please post it again.  I loved it.  I think you called it your comfort food if that helps narrow down whoever it was that posted it.

And, the corn dip that uses fiesta corn, sour cream and mayo....I have someone that asked me for that recipe just today.

Awwww...heck, I need ALL those recipes reposted that were in the other forum!  There were so many good ones there.

ETA:  I thought of something.  When I tried a recipe, I PMed the person who posted it.  If you got a PM from me in the last forum, you're one of the ones with a recipe I need to get!!!

ZipTheWonder

Re: Need recipes that were lost!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:42:59 AM »
Is this the dip recipe you wanted?  I use it all the time.  I would eat it even without the chips.   ;D

CORN DIP

2 cans Del Monte Fiesta Corn (drained)
2 or 3 green onions, sliced
1 cup sour cream
1 cup Hellman’s mayo
2 c shredded cheddar
1-3 jalapenos chopped

Mix and serve with Fritos Scoops

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 11:49:47 AM »
That's it!  Thank you!!!

Now, who has the chicken recipe that I really need?  It was so good (and easy).  I've been wanting to make it again.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 12:05:16 PM »
Awwww...heck, I need ALL those recipes reposted that were in the other forum!  There were so many good ones there.

I'm in hte process of resurrecting the Cookbook Project in this board.   I'm about to create the new threads but I really need someone to go back to the previous forum and copy all the recipes from the Cook Book project folder into this new one.  I simply do not have the time to do this.    I can give one or two people access to the old forum (yes, it lives but is hidden). 

kckgirl

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 07:16:06 PM »
I might be able to go back and get the recipes, depending on how many there are. If there are hundreds, I couldn't do it either because of my schedule, but I'm willing to take a look.
Maryland

Ehelldame

• Administrator
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 03:52:03 AM »
I might be able to go back and get the recipes, depending on how many there are. If there are hundreds, I couldn't do it either because of my schedule, but I'm willing to take a look.

I don't think there are hundreds....maybe a hundred total among 20 threads. 

kckgirl

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 06:08:57 AM »
In that case, I'm willing to work on it. I can only work on it during evenings and weekends, so it may take a week or so, if that's acceptable to everybody.
Maryland

krista_e

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 07:14:01 AM »
I posted the chicken dish Dotty!  I do it from memory usually, so I hope it comes out the same!  Here it is again.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6-8 slices of swiss cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
~1/2 c. breadcrumbs
1 small can french fried onions

Directions:
Arrange the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 9x13 pan, cover with cheese.  Mix soups together (undiluted) and then pour over cheese.  Top with breadcrumbs and then the onions.  Bake in a 375F oven about 1 hour - until chicken is cooked through. 

kckgirl

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 07:18:37 PM »
I think I got all the recipes from the old forum and moved them to this one. If one you posted is missing, please let me know.
Maryland

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 09:31:54 PM »
I think I got all the recipes from the old forum and moved them to this one. If one you posted is missing, please let me know.

I was just coming in here to post a thread to THANK YOU for doing all of that!!! YOU ROCK! :D

I posted the chicken dish Dotty!  I do it from memory usually, so I hope it comes out the same!  Here it is again.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6-8 slices of swiss cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
~1/2 c. breadcrumbs
1 small can french fried onions

Directions:
Arrange the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 9x13 pan, cover with cheese.  Mix soups together (undiluted) and then pour over cheese.  Top with breadcrumbs and then the onions.  Bake in a 375F oven about 1 hour - until chicken is cooked through. 

And, YOU ROCK, too!  This is EXACTLY the recipe I was wanting! :)

Y'all are great.  A big thank you to both of you!

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 09:35:47 PM »
LOL!  I'm sitting here thinking about what I have in the pantry at home.  It's 8:30 at night, so I'd be late in making this, but my mouth is truly watering for the chicken dish right now.  Hmmmmm....all I'd really have to get at the store is the chicken and the chicken soup.  I have everything else (DottyG ponders to herself).  If I cut the chicken up into pieces, maybe it'd cook even more quickly, right?

That's it.  I'm headed to the store on the way home!   8)

Ehelldame

• Administrator
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 08:55:07 AM »
LOL!  I'm sitting here thinking about what I have in the pantry at home.  It's 8:30 at night, so I'd be late in making this, but my mouth is truly watering for the chicken dish right now.  Hmmmmm....all I'd really have to get at the store is the chicken and the chicken soup.  I have everything else (DottyG ponders to herself).  If I cut the chicken up into pieces, maybe it'd cook even more quickly, right?

That's it.  I'm headed to the store on the way home!   8)

The recipes from the Cookbook Project in the previous forum have been copied and put into the new board here by kckgirl last night.  YAY!!!  Thanks so much, kckgirl for doing that.

Btw, Dotty, in that Swiss Chicken recipe someone posted, I substitute cubed, seasoned stuffing mix on top for the bread crumbs.   Yum!   

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 11:12:34 AM »

Btw, Dotty, in that Swiss Chicken recipe someone posted, I substitute cubed, seasoned stuffing mix on top for the bread crumbs.   Yum!   

Great idea!  Thanks for the suggestion.

I made it last night, and used the Cream of Mushroom soup that has garlic in it.  I think I used too many breadcrumbs, though.  I think the stuffing mix might be a good option for me to try.

Did y'all salt it at any point?  It almost needed salt at the end (which was weird, because you'd think the soup and fried onions would have been plenty of salt).

Ehelldame

• Administrator
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 11:35:19 AM »

I made it last night, and used the Cream of Mushroom soup that has garlic in it.  I think I used too many breadcrumbs, though.  I think the stuffing mix might be a good option for me to try.

Did y'all salt it at any point?  It almost needed salt at the end (which was weird, because you'd think the soup and fried onions would have been plenty of salt).

I forgot to add that when I use the stuffing cubes, I don't add the fried onions.   I add salt to taste in the soups before I put it on the chicken.  You have to be careful because the stuffing can be pretty salty.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 11:57:20 AM »
Ahhh...thanks for the heads up. :)