Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Dinner Ideas

(1/2) > >>

Mom2Brett:
I need some ideas for a romantic dinner with my husband.  A little information, he's a professional chef, I am not  ;D

I am fairly good in the kitchen however and can make anythign with a recipe!  Any ideas are great and thank you all in advance! 

april:
If you'd like to get a few different ideas, check out my food blog - http://definitelynotmartha.blogspot.com

A few recipes that you might enjoy with your hubby:

Chicken Marvasala with Pappardelle and Rosemary Gravy

Chicken stuffed with herbed dijon prosdiutto (there is also a recipe for stuffed squash in that post)

Steak with peppercorn sauce and twice-baked potatoes

Steak with mushroom sauce (very decadent!) and rosemary roasted potatoes

Fettucine Alfredo

Crab Ravioli in White Clam Sauce

Desserts....

Nigella Lawson's Chocohotopots (very easy and very good!

Feel free to peruse the blog - I also have recipes for crème brulée (very easy) and a chocolate pot de crème that is beyond delicious.  There are several tart/torte recipes as well, but they tend to make too much for two people.

Good luck!  Let me know if you would like more recipes/suggestions.  Romantic dinners are awesome!

Mom2Brett:
Thanks for the great ideas!!  I'll check them out.

Arianoor:
A great website that I always use is www.italianfoodforever.com, the instructions are very clear and there are some very elegant but fairly user-friendly ones.

Something I learned in the restaurant business: Presentation is everything.  A simple meal can look elegant with the right touches, parsley sprinkled on the entré, a lemon or orange twist garnish, a good mix of colors on the plate, etc.

MDefarge:
Wow....April BF & I made your rosemary roasted potatoes tonight, they were *so* good!!! Thanks for the recipe, and I hope you don't mind, but I've bookmarked your blog - BF is especially excited because he is the more adventurous eater of the two of us...lol but I"m always willing to try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version