Author Topic: Murder most foul  (Read 3813 times)

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
Re: Murder most foul
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 09:42:36 PM »
It's the latter, or a variation: On the actual day, I may or may not *feel* like going.  So I should bounce him.

He does have good qualities.  He does me favours like giving me rides, running errands, and whatnot.  He actually made dinner for me the other day.  But he's very, very bad with planned events.

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 12:22:49 AM »
Today's the day.  Whee!

Final menu:
Drinks: In vino veritas?
Appetizers: Hot tips and cool cucumbers
Salad: The Red-Headed Leaf
Entree: E.A. Poetatoes
Main: Thicken Plot Pie
Dessert: Death by Chocolate

The tips are asparagus tips and the poetatoes are a fritata.  I bounced the "I might be busy" guy and will be taking his part.  My original plan was to be the ghost of the victim, but this works.  I'm going to leave all the lights off and just have candles but may have to cave in for practicality purposes.  I'm looking forward to this!

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 05:34:57 AM »
Will you post a pic with all of you in costume?

This sounds so fun.  and the menu sounds great.

Add a couple Kerosene lamps to the mix and you will have plenty of light, or just give everybody a little flashlight, so that they can read their booklets.
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

Kev

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 10:33:47 AM »
I like the hot tips and cool cucumbers, very creative. And I really liked the Edgar Allen Poetatoes. I know i'm too late, but I think a Yorkshire Hotpot would have been appropriate for the setting; a hot stew in a manor house on a cold moor was common and would have been most appreciated by visitors who had travelled by carriage or on foot.

But your menu trumps it by being more fun!

IndianInlaw

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 11:11:50 AM »
Did you ever consider renting a fog machine?

And some of those candelabra thingies?

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 03:46:48 PM »
I would have used gas lamps if I had any.  We ended up caving on the electric lights thing, because we couldn't read.

And we are all terrible sleuths: Nobody guessed who the murderer was.  Terrible detectives, but we had fin anyway. ;D

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 02:36:25 PM »
I would have used gas lamps if I had any.  We ended up caving on the electric lights thing, because we couldn't read.

And we are all terrible sleuths: Nobody guessed who the murderer was.  Terrible detectives, but we had fin anyway. ;D

Sounds a bit fishy to me, were there lots of red herrings?  Ok I'll stop now.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 09:01:19 PM »

Sounds a bit fishy to me, were there lots of red herrings?  Ok I'll stop now.

I'm sure that the guests were floundering around. but I wonder if anyone got crabby because they didn't solve the mystery.  Will Wordgeek tell us or will s/he just clam up?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2007, 08:12:12 AM »
Clamming up - because I'm really bad at the pun thing.  :-X :-[

But feel free to carry on!

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 08:54:38 PM »
Clamming up - because I'm really bad at the pun thing.  :-X :-[

But feel free to carry on!

Ok, as long as you promise not to carp about it!

Don't mind me... I'm just fishing for a compliment!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain