Author Topic: In the parking lot  (Read 1287 times)

DCGirl

In the parking lot
« on: April 24, 2007, 09:53:26 AM »
I came out of the 7-11 this morning only to find that someone had parked so closely next to me (I was within my space, the other car was over the line) that there was no way that I was going to be able to get into the driver's side of the car.  As I stood there contemplating going in the passenger side and climbing over the parking brake console while wearing a suit with a tight, straight skirt, I heard someone say, "I can't believe I did that.  Here, let me move my car so you can get in."

I get "parked in" so many times in this area (Washington, DC suburbs) that it was nice to see someone realize what an inconvenience it is for the other driver.

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
Re: In the parking lot
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 02:20:06 PM »
I came out of the 7-11 this morning only to find that someone had parked so closely next to me (I was within my space, the other car was over the line) that there was no way that I was going to be able to get into the driver's side of the car.  As I stood there contemplating going in the passenger side and climbing over the parking brake console while wearing a suit with a tight, straight skirt, I heard someone say, "I can't believe I did that.  Here, let me move my car so you can get in."

I get "parked in" so many times in this area (Washington, DC suburbs) that it was nice to see someone realize what an inconvenience it is for the other driver.

I think I would have taken a heart attack!

One time I was coming out of my garage (right on K and Conneticut NW....BUSY) and I was waiting forever to get to go and get this....a METRO BUS waved me forward!!! At first I didn't know what to do! I was confused, bewildered, I thought I was hallucinating... but no.... He actually let me go!

I have never had a metro bus do anything but cut me off, almost hit me, randomly stop with no warning/not pulling over, randoming rejoining traffic without looking, and otherwise irritate my commute home.

I am impressed. those times that someone does act like a real human being I get so happy and surprised!

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
Re: In the parking lot
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 02:23:35 PM »
New Driver?

;)
Reality is for people who lack Imagination