News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 26, 2016, 04:00:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 545340 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #2415 on: September 20, 2016, 11:58:59 AM »
Heard about a very regrettable circumstances recently where a person was buried in another family's plot.
Unfortunately, this means the person will have to be relocated to a new plot.

It is, of course, an upsetting situation for all involved and I do feel very bad for them.

But inside my head, my dark 'coping humour' kept wanting to blurt out " Bring out your dead!" and make bad resurrection puns. 😕

I almost put up one of my mom's favorite pop songs on her birthday, but I figured that "Girl on Fire" for a woman who'd been cremated was not in the best taste.  :P ::)

If she had a sense of humour, I suspect she'd love it...  ;)  I would like "Living in the Past" to be played at my service...  >:D

I will have The Cult's "Fire Woman" played at my memorial. I am going to be cremated. My DS has solemnly sworn on it.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #2416 on: September 20, 2016, 12:11:49 PM »
Heard about a very regrettable circumstances recently where a person was buried in another family's plot.

It is, of course, an upsetting situation for all involved and I do feel very bad for them.

But inside my head, my dark 'coping humour' kept wanting to blurt out " Bring out your dead!" and make bad resurrection puns. 😕

I almost put up one of my mom's favorite pop songs on her birthday, but I figured that "Girl on Fire" for a woman who'd been cremated was not in the best taste.  :P ::)

If she had a sense of humour, I suspect she'd love it...  ;)  I would like "Living in the Past" to be played at my service...  >:D

Oh, she would've cracked up - her humor wasn't nearly as graveyard - like as mine, but she had a biting wit now and again. I just knew I'd probably get from people who knew her but don't know how she appreciated my (really twisted) humor, like my grandparents. "You're being flippant about your mother's death! Blah - blah - blah!"  ::)
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Chez Miriam

« Reply #2417 on: September 20, 2016, 01:42:16 PM »

Oh, she would've cracked up - her humor wasn't nearly as graveyard - like as mine, but she had a biting wit now and again. I just knew I'd probably get from people who knew her but don't know how she appreciated my (really twisted) humor, like my grandparents. "You're being flippant about your mother's death! Blah - blah - blah!"  ::)

You're not being flippant, you're sharing a joke from 'beyond the grave'. ;D  I still tell my dad things that would make him laugh [not often, and not in public! ;)]; he's been gone 20 years, and I haven't found anyone with as closely meshing sense of humour.  That could be the thing I miss most about him [and the fact that he was a builder, so he would have saved me from some highly-recommended cowboys!].

"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

jpcher

« Reply #2418 on: September 20, 2016, 06:21:04 PM »
Mentioned on Gross Out, Chipmunchkin has a bit of a head cold.

She's doing well, but gets pretty stuffy when not around her humidifier. I've both the aspirator you can take home from the hospital, as well as one of those Nosefrida Snot sucker devices. Chipmunchkin is not fond of either item, nor does she enjoy the feel of snot being vacuumed out of her nose, even if she likes the side effect of easier breathing.

Last night before bottle and bedtime, I had to suction her. When done, Chipmunchkin let me know just how unhappy she was with me by yelling at the top of her lungs. 

While cuddling/soothing her on my shoulder, she  pushed up on her arms to look me in the face with that little lip trembling. I said "Chipmunchkin, it's not so bad. It's not so bad! It helps you breathe!"

At which point she looked me right in the eye and let out a "MERRGHHH" yell that easily translated to "YES IT IS SO BAD AND I DON'T LIKE IT!"

I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing.

Chipmunchkin growled a few more times at me before starting to smile, coo, and giggle in response to my own laughter  :D  She did manage to fall asleep 15 minutes later :)

I think I would growl if someone was laughing at me whilst sticking a giant vacuum cleaner up my snout!  ;) >:D

Chipmunky -- I think you're an awesome mom. You got it spot on with with soothing talk and the laughter. Yes, I would growl too! That's a perfectly respectable response for anybody no matter what age due to the uncomfortable feeling. But the the laughter? At that special baby age? says that everything is okay. ;D

Chipmunky

« Reply #2419 on: September 21, 2016, 07:34:05 AM »

She's doing well, but gets pretty stuffy when not around her humidifier. I've both the aspirator you can take home from the hospital, as well as one of those Nosefrida Snot sucker devices. Chipmunchkin is not fond of either item, nor does she enjoy the feel of snot being vacuumed out of her nose, even if she likes the side effect of easier breathing.

Last night before bottle and bedtime, I had to suction her. When done, Chipmunchkin let me know just how unhappy she was with me by yelling at the top of her lungs. 

While cuddling/soothing her on my shoulder, she  pushed up on her arms to look me in the face with that little lip trembling. I said "Chipmunchkin, it's not so bad. It's not so bad! It helps you breathe!"

At which point she looked me right in the eye and let out a "MERRGHHH" yell that easily translated to "YES IT IS SO BAD AND I DON'T LIKE IT!"

Chipmunchkin growled a few more times at me before starting to smile, coo, and giggle in response to my own laughter  :D  She did manage to fall asleep 15 minutes later :)

I think I would growl if someone was laughing at me whilst sticking a giant vacuum cleaner up my snout!  ;) >:D

Chipmunky -- I think you're an awesome mom. You got it spot on with with soothing talk and the laughter. Yes, I would growl too! That's a perfectly respectable response for anybody no matter what age due to the uncomfortable feeling. But the the laughter? At that special baby age? says that everything is okay. ;D

Why thank you!! She is my first, and I'm trying to do this parenting thing right  :)

Chipmunchkin was much calmer about the suctioning last night and this morning. There seemed to be less last night, and I wised up and stopped by the drug store to pick up Johnson and Johnson vapor bath wash, and some Vicks Baby Rub. It's definitely helped her breathe easier, and she slept the best she has since she got sick last night.

Unfortunately, DH may have caught her bug or may be coming down with a bug of his own, so he'll be blowing all sorts of gross stuff out of his nostrils.

At least I can force feed DH chicken noodle soup and zycam. Chipmunchkin? Not so much...

Chez Miriam

« Reply #2420 on: September 21, 2016, 08:32:47 AM »

Why thank you!! She is my first, and I'm trying to do this parenting thing right  :)

Chipmunchkin was much calmer about the suctioning last night and this morning. There seemed to be less last night, and I wised up and stopped by the drug store to pick up Johnson and Johnson vapor bath wash, and some Vicks Baby Rub. It's definitely helped her breathe easier, and she slept the best she has since she got sick last night.

Unfortunately, DH may have caught her bug or may be coming down with a bug of his own, so he'll be blowing all sorts of gross stuff out of his nostrils.

At least I can force feed DH chicken noodle soup and zycam. Chipmunchkin? Not so much...

Please tell us you're going to stick the snot-sucker up his snout?

Purely in the interests of hearing what a [verbal] opinion of the process is... ;) >:D
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Chipmunky

« Reply #2421 on: September 21, 2016, 09:02:15 AM »

Please tell us you're going to stick the snot-sucker up his snout?

Purely in the interests of hearing what a [verbal] opinion of the process is... ;) >:D

And now I need a new keyboard..... ;D ;D ;D >:D >:D >:D >:D

I just might! He suctioned her before daycare with the aspirator bulb, and she apparently didn't appreciate it. She expressed it by spitting up an ounce of her morning bottle on her freshly changed onesie, hah!

Chipmunky

« Reply #2422 on: September 22, 2016, 07:54:06 AM »
Update: DH got up to perform morning ablutions while I was changing Chipmunchkin and feeding her before work this morning. He informed me that he blew a bunch of yellow gook out of his nose.

I offered to use the Snot Sucker on him.

His response:  :o :o :o :o :o :( :( Before "I'll remove gook out of my own nose, thanks"

I tried! I really did! But he turned me down. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chez Miriam

« Reply #2423 on: September 22, 2016, 10:10:12 AM »
Update: DH got up to perform morning ablutions while I was changing Chipmunchkin and feeding her before work this morning. He informed me that he blew a bunch of yellow gook out of his nose.

I offered to use the Snot Sucker on him.

His response:  :o :o :o :o :o :( :( Before "I'll remove gook out of my own nose, thanks"

I tried! I really did! But he turned me down. ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm laughing, but I think that's a thing you should laugh at...! ;) ;D ;D