News:

• February 18, 2018, 12:29:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1836264 times)

Reika

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #7320 on: January 13, 2018, 09:36:21 PM »
I've got an ear infection in my right ear. After putting in antibiotic drops for the last 4 days, the crud is starting to break up. It looks like dried boogers coming out.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #7321 on: January 14, 2018, 05:48:27 PM »
I had a massage today. I realized that I have not shaved my legs in...who knows...ewww...
This post inspired me to weedwhack errr shave my legs  ;D

Do not weedwhack your legs. I did that to my foot/ankle a couple years ago, and am impressed I didn't end up with scars.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Moonie

« Reply #7322 on: January 15, 2018, 11:50:30 AM »
Dr. Sandra Lee aka Dr. Pimple Popper now has a show on TLC!

Frog24

« Reply #7323 on: January 18, 2018, 01:34:51 PM »
Dr. Sandra Lee aka Dr. Pimple Popper now has a show on TLC!

Yup, and my husband likes to watch it.   :-[ 

I can handle most types of surgeries I see.  I have my occupational first aid and can handle all kinds of blood or bodily fluid things.  When the kids are sick and stuff is flying out of them from either end, it's me who's in the trenches.  My husband?  Nowhere to be found.

But Dr. Pimple Popper makes my stomach queasy.  Weird, huh?

alkira6

« Reply #7324 on: January 26, 2018, 12:03:45 AM »
This could also fall under the stupid questions thread, but as it's a bit gross I'm putting it here...

Lately I've begun getting these odd...things in my pores. On the surface they look like blackheads that just haven't had a chance to get all grimy yet, but I can't squeeze them out - I have to go in with something pointy (I have a double-ended blackhead extractor with interchangeable pointy ends) and scoop them out from underneath, and when they come out they're quite hard, whitish and resemble nothing so much as tiny rocks. They also have a bit of an unpleasant smell to them and leave my pores quite stretched out once I've got them out. What exactly are they?

They sound like milia. I get them on my forehead and eyelids occasionally. It's usually from keratin buildup. People with autoimmune disorders are prone to get them, though anybody can. They are most common in newborns.

ETA: Dr. Pimple Popper video of milia removals   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At84GJ3HXI8

Yep, that looks about like what I've got. Thanks Dazi, I suspected it was something simple like that but I didn't know where to start looking. :) I'll have to make sure to clean my nose a little better I think - it's been getting rather flaky!

You're quite welcome! They aren't so bad when you get a few here and there on your face. However, they are NOT pleasant at all if you get them on *other* body areas.

Having had things that are easily squeezable on other body areas, I cringe at the thought. ;D

I had those until I started giving myself a facial every two weeks with 10 percent salicylic acid dissolved in 91 percent alcohol. I run for five minutes and then neutralize with baking soda. I moisturize a few minute later with Jason vitamin e oil.  After three months i don't have them anymore.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #7325 on: January 28, 2018, 11:38:02 AM »
I"ve been waiting for DF's giant pore to fill up again, but all that's happened it a little bit of residual bloody/pussy stuff. He's been on a couple of pretty strong antibiotics, so I think those cleared it up before I could have more fun. He does have another one, though, I need to mess around with a bit. They will be more impressive, if I can get them to come up. I WILL be prepared this time.

Chez Miriam

« Reply #7326 on: January 31, 2018, 06:54:04 AM »
I"ve been waiting for DF's giant pore to fill up again, but all that's happened it a little bit of residual bloody/pussy stuff. He's been on a couple of pretty strong antibiotics, so I think those cleared it up before I could have more fun. He does have another one, though, I need to mess around with a bit. They will be more impressive, if I can get them to come up. I WILL be prepared this time.

I've got the popcorn ready...

I know I'm not the only one out here that watches the gross-out videos whilst having lunch!
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #7327 on: January 31, 2018, 09:59:13 AM »

I've got the popcorn ready...

I know I'm not the only one out here that watches the gross-out videos whilst having lunch!

I watch them while eating, as well. I love the black head ones, that when they pop out, they leave a hole. Also, I get mad when the Dr. pops one, but doesn't get all the stuff out. It's just going to come back if you don't get the rest out, jeeze!

Reika

« Reply #7328 on: January 31, 2018, 12:11:36 PM »
A few days ago I got bitten on the base of my right middle finger, then that same spot got splattered with grease while making dinner. There's now this disgusting thick scab in place. It doesn't hurt, but it itches. A lot.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #7329 on: February 04, 2018, 10:44:40 PM »
I had a massage today. I realized that I have not shaved my legs in...who knows...ewww...
This post inspired me to weedwhack errr shave my legs  ;D

Do not weedwhack your legs. I did that to my foot/ankle a couple years ago, and am impressed I didn't end up with scars.

I weedwhack in boots. I don't care if it's hot outside. I always wear boots and pants.
I've been more diligent in shaving these last few weeks so it's not as bad.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #7330 on: February 11, 2018, 02:28:52 PM »
I rolled my ankle Tuesday, it's swollen and purple.

DH felt left out (jk) and dropped a concrete chunk on his toe, which looks broken.

The truly gross thing? I opened the dryer to put my towels in, and there was a large cut toenail in there.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #7331 on: February 11, 2018, 07:40:01 PM »
I have a gigantic zit on my shoulder.

No, let me rephrase that. I had a gigantic zit. It's turned into a large purple blood blister filled with grey, smelly pus.

I hate these sort of zits. >:(
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

Chipmunky

« Reply #7332 on: February 14, 2018, 08:20:47 AM »
We took Chipmunchkin to a local faire on Sunday. It was her first experience with faire food and she had a blast.

That night, during bedtime routine, she got sick. All over me.

The smell of partially digested turkey, potato skins, and toddler formula mixed together is a uniquely revolting one, and it feels fantastic to have the liquid seep through one's clothing to the skin.

She is now much better- took her in to the pediatrician, tested negative for flu, rsv, ear infections, and strep. Just seems to be a combo of having a cold and something not agreeing with her tummy.