News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• April 26, 2015, 05:03:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 869099 times)

Nikko-chan

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5940 on: April 22, 2015, 02:27:16 AM »
The other morning I noticed a slug crawling up the kitchen wall.  A slug?  whoopty-do. 

Not this one, it was the King of Slugs - at least 6 inches long.  I had to grab it in a paper towel to take it outside.

(I didn't even know they grew that big!  Barf!)

At least one of the animals didn't get hold of it and hork it up.

cattlekid

« Reply #5941 on: April 22, 2015, 08:10:42 AM »
A couple of weeks ago, the flu was going around our office.  I went to dinner with friends one evening and was feeling a little punk. Figured it was nothing and ate a chopped salad.

About a half hour later, we are still at the restaurant and I really started to feel poorly. I didn't make it home even to the side of the road before I christened the truck I hadn't yet even made a payment on, then the side of the road as well once I got the door open. By the time I got home, it was simultaneous from both ends. I prayed for deliverance all night.

The worst part is that I had no strength to clean up my truck. DH was a trooper and tried his best. I ended up having to take it to a detail shop and pay $100 for my mistake. They were very nonchalant and did a fabulous job.

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #5942 on: April 22, 2015, 10:02:18 AM »
Why is it that urine-soaked laundry produces so many suds in the machine!?

(DS had an accident last night, and now my washing machine looks like I tried to wash a poodle.)
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Snooks

« Reply #5943 on: April 23, 2015, 01:46:11 PM »
I'm jealous. The Sweetie won't let me anywhere near a zit.

Neither will VorGuy, even if he's complaining that it hurts and he wishes it would heal already...even though we both know it won't heal as long as it still has "stuff" in it (hair, plugged duct, oil, or whatever the particular type of gunk is).  He had to have a surgeon remove one, it had come up near his spine & they were afraid that it might be a tumor of some kind (twelve years or so of being unable to sleep on one side because the cyst pressed into his spine painfully) and all it ever had been was a really large pimple...

He's also very ticklish - I wonder if it's related....?  He's just too sensitive to hold still while I'm holding a needle...

My dad had something similar, he'd had it as long as I can remember and the doctor said they thought it started as an ingrown hair, dad was annoyingly unwilling to discuss the nitty-gritty details of removal with me.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5944 on: April 23, 2015, 07:16:23 PM »
My dad developed a strange sore/rash on his pinky finger. Being him, he put triple antibiotic ointment and went on until the finger was swollen, taut, and red. My mother got him to make an appointment with a dermatologist.

It is a spider bite that has become infected and his hand is infected. He is not running a fever. Steroid injection, oral steroids and a Rx hydrocortisone ointment should take care of it.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #5945 on: April 23, 2015, 07:36:14 PM »

Neither will VorGuy, even if he's complaining that it hurts and he wishes it would heal already...even though we both know it won't heal as long as it still has "stuff" in it (hair, plugged duct, oil, or whatever the particular type of gunk is).  He had to have a surgeon remove one, it had come up near his spine & they were afraid that it might be a tumor of some kind (twelve years or so of being unable to sleep on one side because the cyst pressed into his spine painfully) and all it ever had been was a really large pimple...

He's also very ticklish - I wonder if it's related....?  He's just too sensitive to hold still while I'm holding a needle...

My dad had something similar, he'd had it as long as I can remember and the doctor said they thought it started as an ingrown hair, dad was annoyingly unwilling to discuss the nitty-gritty details of removal with me.

He got hit on the back with a water balloon as we were walking away after a water balloon fight (someone on the other team had a leftover balloon and a severe lack of sportsmanship) - it burst a seven to eight year old cyst that started draining (fortunately to the outside and not into his body) after his bath that evening...I got to look at him to see what was hurting...his Dad hadn't been allowed to mess with it when he was in high school , so I got to smell gray-green gunk as I pressed the lump and a tiny thread of stuff kept curling up out of the pinhole.

If you've ever seen what happens when you squeeze a tube of toothpaste with a pinhole in it - that's what it looked like.

But the smell was indescribably nasty - zombies would have gone the other way, figuring nothing with brains or living was in that direction.

It was the only time that he let me deal with one of those things...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #5946 on: April 23, 2015, 08:05:05 PM »
I'm currently having torrential nosebleeds leading to pressure migraines. While we try to figure out what the heck is going on, I am on a neti regimen to keep my nasal passages nice and moist.

The stuff I am getting out of my sinuses is positively disgusting. ;D
"So, what did you wish for?"
"I wished for... World domination, of course."

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5947 on: April 23, 2015, 08:11:12 PM »
I'm almost jealous.

My DS has a severe sinus infection. The snot must flow.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5948 on: April 24, 2015, 02:30:00 PM »

My cousin recently had one of these cysts removed. which apparently they leave the wound open on, so it can heal from the inside out, packed with guaze or whatever they use. Blech. He joked that he's not very happy having "a drain sticking out of his backside" for 6+ weeks. Thankfully, his wife is a nurse, so she has no problem helping him with the packign etc.