News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 23, 2017, 02:45:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 1006363 times)

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3540 on: October 19, 2017, 02:22:52 PM »
Don't assume your parrot's $120/mo liquid medicine bottle is tightly shut before turning it upside down to draw the syringe.

Pardon me while I go cry now.

Along these lines - when drawing up your cat's prednisolone, turn the bottle back over before you remove the syringe...
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

mmswm

« Reply #3541 on: October 21, 2017, 09:48:18 PM »
Don't assume your parrot's $120/mo liquid medicine bottle is tightly shut before turning it upside down to draw the syringe.

Along these lines - when drawing up your cat's prednisolone, turn the bottle back over before you remove the syringe...

It was Xanax. Xanax is cheap in pill form.  In liquid form it's super expensive.  Plus your vet and your pharmacist give you the side eye when you tell them what happened because, well, it's Xanax and they both know you have teenagers.  Grrrrr.  But for real, I really did spill it everywhere.  I swear. 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Ser Lucien Liliane

• My tumblr
« Reply #3542 on: October 22, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »

It was Xanax. Xanax is cheap in pill form.  In liquid form it's super expensive.  Plus your vet and your pharmacist give you the side eye when you tell them what happened because, well, it's Xanax and they both know you have teenagers.  Grrrrr.  But for real, I really did spill it everywhere.  I swear.

I thankfully managed not to lose too much of Rika's prednisolone. It is, however, very sticky. Especially all over one's hand.

The one that really hurt was when I had to give her metronidazole - the liquid form for veterinary use needs refrigerated. My fridge, for some unfathomable reason, runs extremely cold (I've found ice crystals on food I put in there - and it's on the lowest setting.) The medication proceeded to freeze, rendering it useless. That got rather expensive.

pattycake

« Reply #3543 on: October 22, 2017, 09:47:31 PM »

I thankfully managed not to lose too much of Rika's prednisolone. It is, however, very sticky. Especially all over one's hand.

The one that really hurt was when I had to give her metronidazole - the liquid form for veterinary use needs refrigerated. My fridge, for some unfathomable reason, runs extremely cold (I've found ice crystals on food I put in there - and it's on the lowest setting.) The medication proceeded to freeze, rendering it useless. That got rather expensive.

Oh my goodness, what do they use that for on animals? I use that on my face (for rosacea)!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #3544 on: October 23, 2017, 07:47:00 AM »

Oh my goodness, what do they use that for on animals? I use that on my face (for rosacea)!

Pattycake, metronidazole is mostly used to treat parasitic infections like Giardia in cats and dogs. It can also be used to treat IBS or dental/periodontal disease in animals.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

pattycake

« Reply #3545 on: October 23, 2017, 09:15:09 AM »

Pattycake, metronidazole is mostly used to treat parasitic infections like Giardia in cats and dogs. It can also be used to treat IBS or dental/periodontal disease in animals.

Oh my, quite a different sort of use!

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #3546 on: October 23, 2017, 09:19:38 AM »
My little lesson from the weekend:

When you are building a retaining wall and you are snipping the metal straps that go around the skid of stones?  If the skid is on an angle, don't stand in front of it when you snip the horizontal strap.

Yeah, the entire face of 15 stones fell down on top of me.  Fortunately, I'm not in a cast.  The one that landed on the top of my foot must have been slowed down enough by bouncing off my knee and shin that it didn't break any bones.  Lots of bruises and scrapes, though.

(I did try snipping it on the side but I couldn't get the strap to cut in that position so I moved to the front without thinking about the effects of gravity.  Next skid?  I stood carefully to the side and nothing happened.  ::))
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Ser Lucien Liliane

• My tumblr
« Reply #3547 on: November 03, 2017, 06:33:36 PM »

Oh my, quite a different sort of use!

She was on it for diarrhea. Didn't do much (we weren't sure it would) but it did at least prove she didn't have some sort of infection causing it. :)