News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 03, 2015, 08:33:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 295596 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1410 on: June 02, 2015, 12:18:08 PM »
A prankster changed the signs at the pet store. They are highly amusing. http://www.sadanduseless.com/2015/05/pet-store-prank/

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1411 on: June 02, 2015, 12:53:11 PM »
A prankster changed the signs at the pet store. They are highly amusing. http://www.sadanduseless.com/2015/05/pet-store-prank/

OK! Sent that one to my Facebook page. Thanks.

Mustard

« Reply #1412 on: June 02, 2015, 12:54:23 PM »
There is a fish and chip shop in a nearby town called '300 Spartans' with a hand-painted sign on the wall round the back that always raises a smile: Parking for 300 Spartans.  They must be very small, given there is only space for two cars at most.

I can't believe I misread the sign!  It actually reads 'Parkin for 300 Spartans'

(Parkin is ginger cake made with oatmeal and treacle... and delicious!)

magicdomino

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1413 on: June 02, 2015, 01:42:11 PM »

Those are fantastic!  Very realistic, aside from the fact that I'm pretty sure baby Godzillas aren't sold in pet stores.  You have to order them on E-Bay.  ;-) 

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #1414 on: June 14, 2015, 10:52:30 AM »

OK! Sent that one to my Facebook page. Thanks.

Totally shared to FB and have decided to name any future band I have "Invisible Jenny."

scotcat60

« Reply #1415 on: June 28, 2015, 06:41:26 AM »
Quote from: Mustard on March 11, 2015, 03:36:58 PM
There is a fish and chip shop in a nearby town called '300 Spartans' with a hand-painted sign on the wall round the back that always raises a smile: Parking for 300 Spartans.  They must be very small, given there is only space for two cars at most.

I can't believe I misread the sign!  It actually reads 'Parkin for 300 Spartans'

(Parkin is ginger cake made with oatmeal and treacle... and delicious!)

Well, at least they are getting some. A garage door on a tower block near the Elephant and Castle in London had a hand written legend "No Parkin" I hope no one who reallly fancied a slice was passing.

Family and I saw signs for  "Accessible Toilets" in a department store. Yes, we know they are for differently abled people, but surely all toilets are accessible, or should be.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #1416 on: June 28, 2015, 04:40:03 PM »
An acquaintance on my medical transcription board posted this one.  They are going to be undergoing a double bypass, and this was the sign on their bed:

CARDIOLOOGY

snowfire

« Reply #1417 on: July 17, 2015, 06:48:30 PM »
Well, it wasn't exactly a sign, it was a license plate.  We got passed by a little pocket rocket Mitsubishi Evolution.  His license plate: HIOFICER   (Hi officer!)

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #1418 on: July 17, 2015, 06:56:01 PM »

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1419 on: July 18, 2015, 09:44:57 AM »

Is it a chicken, though, or are those flames?  Is the pasta on fire? I didn't think that Carbonara meant THAT!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1420 on: July 19, 2015, 12:32:54 AM »

I like the man holding his forehead like they are having a difficult conversation.

Maybe he needs 2 glasses of wine ... >:D

Maybe the chicken is on fire ...  :o
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1421 on: July 19, 2015, 11:12:19 AM »
For a decade or two, dry cleaners in our neighborhood that provided alterations advertised the fact with a large window decal showing an older man sitting at a sewing machine.  He wore glasses and had a tape measure over his shoulders. 

In the last year, the image has been changed to an older woman.  Everything else is the same.  We have vibrant LGBTQ community where we live.  I laugh to think that an advertisement for clothing alterations has become transgendered.