Author Topic: Please don't do that, sweetie...  (Read 1610 times)

esposita

• If you have the power to make someone happy, do it
Re: Please don't do that, sweetie...
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 08:00:25 PM »
My DH will take part of his load of laundry out of the dryer and leave the rest in. I don't know why!

Mine does that too! And our washer/dryer is in the garage, so its a bit of a task. I just don't understand that one! Chances are, at some point we're going to want the rest of that load, you might as well bring it all in!

Bethczar

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 10:33:20 PM »
A couple annoying things about my otherwise wonderful husband:
1. He drinks a lot of soda. When he is done with a can, he will put it on the countertop right next to the trash can. Seriously? Is the lid too heavy for you to lift?  ::). I am slowly training him out of this, and have hope for the future.

2. He cannot hold a conversation when the tv is on. We can be having a nice conversation during the commercials, and when it switches back to the show, he will stop midsentence. It cheeses me no end. It doesn't make a difference if he is really into the show or not, it's like he can't process both things at once.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 06:30:49 AM »
I sit on the floor next to the sofa.  As opposed to sitting on the sofa.  It winds DH up a little.  I also "hover" when I'm in deep thought about something, which annoys everyone.

My biggest annoying habit?

Picking the skin around my fingernails/biting nails.
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 09:33:20 AM »
How long do you have?

We live in a tropical climate and it does get quite hot and humid. DH is in a physical job and by the time we get home is hot, sweaty and gross. To solve this issue he strips down to his underwear and hangs about the house pretty much naked. Now this I can live with, totally fine, it's his house and no one but me can see him. However, he leaves his dirty clothes in the middle of the lounge room floor! Drives me insane!

His other favorite trick is to wake me at night if he cant sleep. I will be snoozing away, happy as a clam, but he can't sleep because he is too hot/too cold/fan is too loud/dog needs to go outside/etc. So instead of getting up and solving the issue that is keeping him awake, he wakes me up to turn down the air con or fan/let the dogs out/etc.  Then he wonders why I get cranky at him.

Good thing he is cute I tell you!

Ooohhh! Mine does that too! Here I'll be in happy dreamland, and suddenly it's interrupted by a shoulder shake and, "Hey, are you sleeping? Are you sleeping?" until I grunt at him. Then he goes on about how he can't sleep. Well I can! At least I could! And it's never something I can help with. He's stressing about work or something else I have no control over. Then when I am good and awake he'll say, "I think I'll go watch TV in the living room. You go back to sleep."

Yeah, 'cause it's that easy  >:(

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

KimberlyM

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 07:48:44 PM »
For 16 years I have been trying to convince my husband that my kitchen counter is not a dumping ground for every single thing that enters the house.  Every day I get home and clean off whatever junk has ended up there through the day and when I turn back around there is more.  I've put boxes, baskets etc all over the place, even one on the counter, but nothing works.

He also leaves the soda cans next to the sink.  We have a .05 deposit on each can so they need to be kept and returned, but I rinse them for storage so we don't get ants, but he wont do it until the area next to the sink is overflowing.

I tend to take a couple things out of the dryer and leave the rest, but since I'm in charge of laundry the only person that can annoy is me.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 11:22:08 AM »
As soon as a section of the newspaper has been read. It must go immediately into the paper recycling bin.  Also, some sections of the Sunday paper arrive on Saturday.  These must be read on Saturday or the world will certainly come to a very nasty end. 

I have to hide the book review section as soon as it comes in or search for it in the paper bin.