News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 31, 2016, 03:40:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1165941 times)

sidi-ji

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #6720 on: August 27, 2016, 06:45:35 PM »
^ Earlier today I was boasting about slaying one mosquito.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #6721 on: August 27, 2016, 08:22:06 PM »
We got up, had breakfast, and headed out. I walked out the door and looked at the front of my beautiful gray sedan, to see it covered with dead mosquitoes. Covered! Hundreds at least, on the bumper, front of the hood, windshield, wipers, mirrors, you name it!

DS said he was doing his part to combat zika.

My car got washed, and is now wet again from the rain, but at least it isn't covered in mosquitoes.

He deserves a mosquito slaying award!
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6722 on: August 28, 2016, 10:07:07 PM »
We got up, had breakfast, and headed out. I walked out the door and looked at the front of my beautiful gray sedan, to see it covered with dead mosquitoes. Covered! Hundreds at least, on the bumper, front of the hood, windshield, wipers, mirrors, you name it!

DS said he was doing his part to combat zika.

My car got washed, and is now wet again from the rain, but at least it isn't covered in mosquitoes.

He deserves a mosquito slaying award!

What I wanna know. .. is how did he ruthlessly murder so many mosquitoes?

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #6723 on: August 29, 2016, 08:09:09 AM »
Driving through the mosquito swarm. Unfortunately, the car wash did not get them all off, so I will be taking my chariot to the wash again tonight.

In other news, I grated a block of cheddar cheese yesterday, and my hand slipped. I grated part of the skin off my thumb knuckle. I have a nice divot in my thumb.  :P
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Chipmunky

« Reply #6724 on: August 29, 2016, 08:32:47 AM »
Chipmunchkin outdid herself this weekend, and had her first shower.

A poop explosion so bad, her daddy threw on swim trunks, I handed him the baby (post removal of the onesie down over her feet rather than getting poop up to her head), removed the diaper (with it DRIPPING off the adorable baby bottom), and he stood in the shower while I hosed her down with the shower head, alternating with scrubbing her back and bottom with a washcloth.

Afterwards, we filled the bathtub with warm water, and DH sat in there with her, holding her while she splashed, floated, kicked, and had a great time. She was very pleased with herself in the experience.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #6725 on: August 29, 2016, 01:33:39 PM »
Chipmunky, other than the explosive poops, 3 months is such a fun age!  Their little personalities start to really shine as they become more and more aware of the world.