News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 19, 2017, 09:17:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 457089 times)

Chez Miriam

Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1485 on: June 21, 2017, 09:52:30 AM »
Not a sign as such, but I saw something that made me grin written on the back of a steeplejack's van; apart from repairing steeples and other high up things, they are also 'lightning conductors'... I wondered whether they had to be replaced after each storm; 'get another one Fred; this one's melted!'

I had visions of them standing on a roof somewhere with a baton in hand orchestrating the lightning strikes and sounds.

I could work for them!  I'm the only person I know who has been struck by lightning three times; I'm so grateful for cordless phones these days, as I seem to make the mistake of of being rained off outside work and thinking "ooh, I'll just phone so-and-so" and then being the bit that connects the lightning from the telegraph pole to the ground. ::)

I daren't go outside in a storm, as I know what it's like being hit indoors in a very minor way. :-[
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Chipmunky

« Reply #1486 on: August 25, 2017, 07:43:51 AM »
Evil Chipmunky loved this one...

Driving home from work, there was a sign up for a particular "dancing" establishment (the kind with poles, catwalks, and very little clothing) advertising how a famous performer would be there from x date to y date, and they would have drink specials available to attendees.

Behind this sign, bigger, and higher up, is a billboard advertisement from a jeweler with a picture of diamond earrings and the tag line "Wife Insurance".

The confluence of the two made Evil Chipmunky howl with laughter.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #1487 on: September 10, 2017, 09:37:10 AM »
Saw a picture on an outside church bulletin board  "Be excellent to each other. Bill S. Preston, esq"

Twik

« Reply #1488 on: September 11, 2017, 10:43:26 AM »
Under passive-aggressive notes: In my underground parking garage, you have to turn hard by a cement pillar to get out. It's easy to miss - I've scraped the car twice. Someone finally put foam on the edges. Not sure it will help, but at least it does make it easier to see.

Today there's a note beside the foam.

"This foam is to protect cars.

If you knock it down, replace it, ANNA!!"

I'm not sure why Anna is being called out by name.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."