Author Topic: Please don't do that, sweetie...  (Read 2936 times)

esposita

• If you have the power to make someone happy, do it
Re: Please don't do that, sweetie...
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 08:00:25 PM »
My DH will take part of his load of laundry out of the dryer and leave the rest in. I don't know why!

Mine does that too! And our washer/dryer is in the garage, so its a bit of a task. I just don't understand that one! Chances are, at some point we're going to want the rest of that load, you might as well bring it all in!

Bethczar

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 10:33:20 PM »
A couple annoying things about my otherwise wonderful husband:
1. He drinks a lot of soda. When he is done with a can, he will put it on the countertop right next to the trash can. Seriously? Is the lid too heavy for you to lift?  ::). I am slowly training him out of this, and have hope for the future.

2. He cannot hold a conversation when the tv is on. We can be having a nice conversation during the commercials, and when it switches back to the show, he will stop midsentence. It cheeses me no end. It doesn't make a difference if he is really into the show or not, it's like he can't process both things at once.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 06:30:49 AM »
I sit on the floor next to the sofa.  As opposed to sitting on the sofa.  It winds DH up a little.  I also "hover" when I'm in deep thought about something, which annoys everyone.

My biggest annoying habit?

Picking the skin around my fingernails/biting nails.
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 09:33:20 AM »
How long do you have?

We live in a tropical climate and it does get quite hot and humid. DH is in a physical job and by the time we get home is hot, sweaty and gross. To solve this issue he strips down to his underwear and hangs about the house pretty much naked. Now this I can live with, totally fine, it's his house and no one but me can see him. However, he leaves his dirty clothes in the middle of the lounge room floor! Drives me insane!

His other favorite trick is to wake me at night if he cant sleep. I will be snoozing away, happy as a clam, but he can't sleep because he is too hot/too cold/fan is too loud/dog needs to go outside/etc. So instead of getting up and solving the issue that is keeping him awake, he wakes me up to turn down the air con or fan/let the dogs out/etc.  Then he wonders why I get cranky at him.

Good thing he is cute I tell you!

Ooohhh! Mine does that too! Here I'll be in happy dreamland, and suddenly it's interrupted by a shoulder shake and, "Hey, are you sleeping? Are you sleeping?" until I grunt at him. Then he goes on about how he can't sleep. Well I can! At least I could! And it's never something I can help with. He's stressing about work or something else I have no control over. Then when I am good and awake he'll say, "I think I'll go watch TV in the living room. You go back to sleep."

Yeah, 'cause it's that easy  >:(

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

KimberlyM

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 07:48:44 PM »
For 16 years I have been trying to convince my husband that my kitchen counter is not a dumping ground for every single thing that enters the house.  Every day I get home and clean off whatever junk has ended up there through the day and when I turn back around there is more.  I've put boxes, baskets etc all over the place, even one on the counter, but nothing works.

He also leaves the soda cans next to the sink.  We have a .05 deposit on each can so they need to be kept and returned, but I rinse them for storage so we don't get ants, but he wont do it until the area next to the sink is overflowing.

I tend to take a couple things out of the dryer and leave the rest, but since I'm in charge of laundry the only person that can annoy is me.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 11:22:08 AM »
As soon as a section of the newspaper has been read. It must go immediately into the paper recycling bin.  Also, some sections of the Sunday paper arrive on Saturday.  These must be read on Saturday or the world will certainly come to a very nasty end. 

I have to hide the book review section as soon as it comes in or search for it in the paper bin. 

kitkatswing

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 10:52:44 PM »
Talks with his mouth full of food...

I'm very slowly getting him out of the habit, unfortunately I cant say the same for his parents....

My daughter will know table manners.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2014, 01:45:02 PM »
My otherwise perfect husband has a few quirks that send me up the wall:

(1) When he wants to do something and I've agreed to go with him, he nags until I'm ready to go.  Yesterday we were going to dinner, and all I had to do was finish tying my shoes and pick up my purse.  He asked me twice how long I was going to be in the space of the 90 seconds it took me to tie my shoes. 

(2) He doesn't like driving my car and complains the whole time he's doing so.  He also forgets to move the seat back, so I nearly spear myself on the steering wheel.  Fortunately he only drives my car if his is in the shop, so this isn't a frequent problem.  We both still drive the same cars we had when we got married 16 years ago, and have yet to buy a car together.  That's going to be interesting when we do. 

(3)  He piles his socks next to his side of the bed.  This isn't a real issue, as I've told him that if he wants his clothes laundered it's his responsibility to get them to the laundry area, and if he runs out of socks it's his own fault. 

Mr. Sirius is a good person who is easy to live with, but even the best spouses have their moments.

Kaypeep

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 03:26:18 PM »
My SO will take used glasses/dishes and leave them on the kitchen counter instead of putting them in the sink.  (I suppose this is progress since he's not leaving them on the living room coffee table anymore, but still... the sink is just 20 inches to the right!  Take 2 more steps and put them in the sink!!)

He will also leave wet towels wadded up.  I don't care if it's dirty and needs to be washed, hang it to dry first.  I do laundry once a week - don't leave a wet towel in a ball in the hamper on sunday when it won't be washed until next Saturday.  MILDEW!!  But again, progress - he used to throw wet towels over the footboard of my cherry wood sleigh bed...   ::)

He also puts the lids on plastic food storage containers for storage.  No!  Don't put the lids on!  The containers stink and might be damp.  Leave the lid off to keep them dry and clean smelling!

cattlekid

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 04:38:45 PM »
Clothes to be worn again remain on the bedroom floor.  Yes, we have hooks on the back of the bathroom doors for *just* that purpose. 

No matter how full the kitchen trash is, rather than take it out, he will play "trash jenga", unless I am on vacation or away for work and won't be home for a few days.

He will *never* introduce me to anyone that we run into on the street that he knows but I don't (which is a lot of folks because he has a public job).  He'll have a five minute conversation before I will finally step in and ask the other person's name and introduce myself. 

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2014, 12:03:09 AM »
Kaypeep, you have a cherry wood sleigh bed?  I want one of those!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2014, 12:43:23 AM »
My otherwise perfect husband has a few quirks that send me up the wall:

(1) When he wants to do something and I've agreed to go with him, he nags until I'm ready to go.  Yesterday we were going to dinner, and all I had to do was finish tying my shoes and pick up my purse.  He asked me twice how long I was going to be in the space of the 90 seconds it took me to tie my shoes. 

::Stops tying shoe::
::Stands up straight/sets foot on floor:: (whichever is germaine to the way you tie shoes!)
::Turns to regard Husband evenly::
"I'm sorry dear, what?"
::Gets answer to question::
"Ah.  That's what I thought you said.  Thank you."
::Returns to tying shoe::

lilfox

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2014, 03:41:25 PM »
During a conversation with me, in person, sometimes DH or I will leave the room for a minute, but we usually make it clear that we're still listening.  That's not the thing that bothers me, as we both do it and it's usually because of some household chore that can be done while talking (like unloading groceries).  It's when, while talking to me, DH will either check his phone for texts (or even start one) or turn the TV on.  I find that unspeakably rude, and he continues to do that even after I've told him, so I've taken to stopping talking altogether and going to do something else.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 06:51:41 PM »
DH, who I love, put his dirty boot socks in the trunk of our new car. Even worse, I found them when I was moving things around at work.  >:(

dietcokeofevil

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 07:37:45 PM »
This tends to happen a lot when I'm cooking dinner.
First, rather than standing or sitting at the bar, he will lean on the counter in front of the kitchen sink so I am consistently having to work around him
Second, if I start to tell him about something, he'll interrupt to ask a non-related question that could easily have waited until my story was finished.
Third, he'll wait until dinner is just about finished to go do something else in another part of the house.  So then I'll have to call him and half the time the kids and I will go ahead and eat since he's taking so long.