News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• September 05, 2015, 02:52:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 941984 times)

Diane AKA Traska

• Super Hero!
  • Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #6180 on: August 30, 2015, 05:30:17 PM »
I'll join you with the "gross stuff being expelled from the respiratory system" category.

I managed to come down with a cold.  I was coughing earlier and could not get whatever was stuck dislodged, so I asked a kid to lightly pound on my back for a bit.  Well, that did the trick, and a nearly fist sized greenish/yellowish/brownish ball of rather firmer than normal phlegm came flying out of my mouth.  I almost feel like it needs a name.
Fred.

Ralph?

I was thinking Luigi.   >:D
Phlegm-Bob. (Taking my naming scheme from Ursula Vernon)

I dunno... I feel s'not right...

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #6181 on: August 30, 2015, 08:36:45 PM »
My boyfriend shared this with me a couple of days ago.

Even for this thread, this deserves a warning.
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/dAEmY

I think that just won the Internet today.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #6182 on: August 30, 2015, 08:38:34 PM »
Apparently I have a resident skunk on my property.  There was a cool evening a few days ago and tonight is another one.  I've had the sliding glass door open to let in fresh air.  That air is now carrying the unmistakable odor of skunk.  The same happened on the previous cool evening. 

(I'm in the US, in the central time zone.  I'm typing this at about 9:35PM.)

We have one that periodically rambles through the neighborhood, and stops in our yard. We also have neighbors who like to partake of a recreational substance now legal in our state, and doesn't always buy the good stuff. Sometimes we're not sure which smell is which. A common question in our house is, "is it skunk, or is it skunk weed?"
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #6183 on: August 31, 2015, 08:08:47 AM »
I've had a cold since Wednesday night last week.

At one point, apparently all the mucus in one sinus had congealed into a lump, which came out of my nose in one lump.  It looked and moved and felt like the sticky goo hands you get out of the quarter vending machines at the store.

I've also been enjoying the way my body opts to violently reject any sinus drainage that makes it into my stomach.  The overnight storage of it is the worst thing in the morning...

mmswm

« Reply #6184 on: September 01, 2015, 02:59:30 AM »
Two words: stress incontinence.

On top of all the gross stuff still coming out of my nose and lungs, I'm now leaking out the other end every time I cough or sneeze.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #6185 on: September 01, 2015, 09:48:48 AM »
I've had a cold since Wednesday night last week.

At one point, apparently all the mucus in one sinus had congealed into a lump, which came out of my nose in one lump.  It looked and moved and felt like the sticky goo hands you get out of the quarter vending machines at the store.

I've also been enjoying the way my body opts to violently reject any sinus drainage that makes it into my stomach.  The overnight storage of it is the worst thing in the morning...

I've been having the same problem, with the additional cheerfulness that comes from being pregnant. Because allergic drainage + can't take usual meds + wobbly stomach + occupant = hello again breakfast.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

KimberlyM

« Reply #6186 on: September 01, 2015, 01:02:39 PM »

On top of all the gross stuff still coming out of my nose and lungs, I'm now leaking out the other end every time I cough or sneeze.

I had a stomach bug recently and discovered I can no longer throw up in the toilet because I will simultaneously pee my pants, so now I have to hold a trash can and sit on the toilet.  I hate aging!

Diane AKA Traska

• Super Hero!
  • Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #6187 on: September 01, 2015, 01:15:40 PM »

I had a stomach bug recently and discovered I can no longer throw up in the toilet because I will simultaneously pee my pants, so now I have to hold a trash can and sit on the toilet.  I hate aging!

Remember my motto:  Getting older sucks, but we've yet to discover a palatable alternative!

Bobbie

« Reply #6188 on: September 01, 2015, 02:53:29 PM »
I am overweight. A cough or sneeze includes a mental checklist. I carry extra clothes every.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • I am not sweating, I'm glowing!
« Reply #6189 on: September 01, 2015, 04:28:30 PM »

[/quote]

Remember my motto:  Getting older sucks, but we've yet to discover a palatable alternative!
[/quote]

Back in my mid-twenties, VorGuy left some pork chops on the counter to thaw, then put them in the fridge for two days without telling me that they'd thawed on the counter.  When I cooked them two days later, I used a brown sugar & BBQ sauce glaze.  I figured that I'd used too much brown sugar, because they were "too sweet" somehow.

A bit over an hour later, when both of us were starting to feel queasy, I asked him when he'd thawed them & how...I'd told him to thaw them in the fridge overnight, he'd forgotten, and didn't think to tell me that he'd left them on the counter for over six hours...possibly longer.  Until...well...we both ended up holding trash cans in our laps while sitting on the toilet...because it was truly an epic case of food poisoning for both of us.

He got stuck in in the bathroom with a window and no exhaust fan since he'd been the one that didn't follow food safety rules on how to thaw pork.

He's gotten much better about food handling, but I'm also a lot more suspicious.  I may want to loose a little of my "excess weight" - but not badly enough to eat bad pork again, ever.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #6190 on: September 01, 2015, 04:52:07 PM »
Finally got my abscess tube removed. Now I have a hole in my side that I have to wait to heal up. I keep looking at it and got the mirror and light just right. . . and could see in! *shudder* Muscle and slimy looking stuff.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6191 on: September 01, 2015, 06:47:32 PM »
Finally got my abscess tube removed. Now I have a hole in my side that I have to wait to heal up. I keep looking at it and got the mirror and light just right. . . and could see in! *shudder* Muscle and slimy looking stuff.

You win. Here's your trophy... and some get well vibes.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6192 on: Yesterday at 10:23:02 AM »
Told to me by a CW, about another CW's husband. CW and her family bought a huge house, sort of out in the country, with a couple of acres of land. They are from another country, and lived in a city, so not much experience with wildlife.  They also planted a huge garden, and were a bit frustrated by the varoius wildlife that would come and eat the yummy things in said garden.

So one day they were hearing noises, and figured it was a squirrel, so they set up a trap. But it wasn't a squirrel, but a skunk.so her husband, becuase he was afraid of being bitten and getting rabies, put on his winter coat, boots, and hat. Mind you, this is August in NJ. It's HOT.

His plan was to go and take the skunk to a wooded area, and let it free. The skunk however, had other ideas. As soon as he picked up the cage, pffffffffft, the skunk did what skunks will do. He was covered in skunk spray, and stunk. He runs in, throws his coat and all clothes in the trash in the garage, and runs upstairs to shower, leaving a trail of skunk stench throughout the house!

Fortunately for him, apparently a skunk needs some time to "recharge" before it can spray again, so he was eventually able to let it loose, away from the house!  I about died laughing when they told me this story. Her husband is brilliant, but sadly, lacks common sense in many ways.