News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• May 24, 2015, 03:46:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...  (Read 35445 times)

greencat

Re: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...
« Reply #480 on: May 14, 2015, 01:49:24 AM »
Coffee Bean appears to be rather upset that I moved the lamp a bit.  Either that or she's decided that since it moved, it must be animate, and she should try to communicate with it.  She is, at any rate, chattering away and sniffing at my lamp.

SunVixen

« Reply #481 on: May 18, 2015, 12:31:23 AM »
Spaz has been vocal if I even pick up the phone.  Obviously, children and cats pick up on that signal that says, "Hey, there's a conversation going on and I must add my voice to it."

Her sister, Psycho, is complaining because I put away "her" plastic bags.  Not sure when this happened, but Psycho is now convinced that plastic grocery bags are some of the most amazing things in this world.  She will inspect every inch carefully and make a nest of them to lie in if given a chance.  The last time I moved them to their box, she snuck up and dove in to rescue one!
(Psycho's not the brightest of cats and has previously done the whole "It's chasing me - I must flee!" with plastic bags before.)
We are all wanderers on this earth. Our hearts are full of wonder, and our souls are deep with dreams.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #482 on: May 19, 2015, 11:05:49 PM »
Because he pooped!  Seriously, he's been spazzy and chirpy and just so freaking happy since he used the box. Crazy cat.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #483 on: May 20, 2015, 09:10:23 AM »
He's happy that he's lighter now.  ;D
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #484 on: May 20, 2015, 10:33:49 AM »
Mine aren't very vocal about it but I'm definitely getting the 'Why are you doing this to me?' looks.  You see, my BF has started bringing his dogs with him when he visits.  They are in the garage - basically a giant crate.   :)  But the cats can hear them.  And smell them when we open the door.  And neither cat is impressed.  The scaredy cat doesn't even want to go by the door.  She does to use the box but not to eat.  Which is kind of a bonus, since she needs to lose some weight anyway.  They have water upstairs so it isn't affected.  The other one will go by the door but her hissing has increased greatly in the last few days since this started.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #485 on: May 20, 2015, 10:41:40 AM »
Because she finally managed to untie the balloon from the door knob and it was chasing her!

MrsVandy

• Formally futurelillady
« Reply #486 on: May 20, 2015, 10:42:25 AM »
Jericho is going nuts because there are ants in the kitchen. I have set some ant traps, and have tried reassure him that we are moving in 3 days anyways, but alas poor Jericho is still suffering  ::)

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #487 on: May 20, 2015, 01:21:18 PM »
Because at 5AM, the crunchie bowl was dangerously low, and they could starve before breakfast at 6AM.

missanpan

« Reply #488 on: May 20, 2015, 02:32:44 PM »
Because he pooped!  Seriously, he's been spazzy and chirpy and just so freaking happy since he used the box. Crazy cat.

Reminds me of this article:

https://www.thedodo.com/why-cats-go-bonkers-after-pooping-1127100220.html

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #489 on: May 20, 2015, 04:26:01 PM »
(Background: My cat is an indoor only cat, except for brief, tiny moments when she escapes past me.)

Because the front door is closed and she wants to go outside.

Because the front door is open but now there's a screen door in the way and she wants to go outside.

Because I went out the screen door but didn't let her slide through and she wants to go outside.

Because I came back in without letting her through and she wants to go outside.

Because I shoved her out of the way to shut the front door and she wants to go outside.

Because the front door has been closed for hours, but I went through it at one point, so clearly it opens, and she wants to go outside!!!!

...because she managed to sneak past me and get outside and I picked her up and brought her back in.

magicdomino

• Super Hero!
« Reply #490 on: May 20, 2015, 04:33:46 PM »
I was expecting the last line to be:  "Because she went outside and it's scary, and she wants to come back inside."  :-)

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #491 on: May 20, 2015, 07:49:18 PM »
Hehe. That was my younger cat when he was little.

"Outside! Fun! Yay! Oh, wait..."
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

greencat

« Reply #492 on: May 20, 2015, 08:57:03 PM »
One of my former cats used to make the slowest escapes.  He'd get to the bushes at the end of the porch...and start giving them a slooooowww sniff.  At least once I couldn't immediately go back out and get him, and he was still sniffing the bushes ten minutes later.  It didn't look like he was scared.  It looked more like he'd gotten stoned on catnip somehow and everything was just soooooo fascinating right now.

Most of the yelling in my place lately has been Casper, the mother of the litter of kittens in my bathroom.  Between the requests to be allowed into and back out of the bathroom, and the talking to the kittens themselves, and more rare requests for immediate petting and treats, she's a talkative kitty.

Many of my other cats have registered complaints about her presence upstairs, instead of downstairs, where she belongs.

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #493 on: May 21, 2015, 12:05:22 AM »
I was expecting the last line to be:  "Because she went outside and it's scary, and she wants to come back inside."  :-)

LOL, no, when she does get out, she's meowing because:

She's on the concrete stoop and I walked away.

She's on the concrete stoop and I came back.

She's on the concrete stoop, rolling on her back like it's heaven.  She's moved over six inches and rolled in the new spot.

She's found a bush two feet from the stoop. 

She's eaten a leaf from the bush.

...I picked her up and made her come back inside.  And the front door is closed, dagnabit!