News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 06, 2015, 06:24:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trick question jokes  (Read 883 times)

pwv

Re: Trick question jokes
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 06:57:18 AM »
You set your alarm for 10 and went to sleep at 9, how many hours did you sleep?

one

bluhairfreak

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 09:25:31 AM »

one or thirteen depending on which half of the day the 10 o'clock and 9 o'clock are.

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 09:44:13 AM »

one or thirteen depending on which half of the day the 10 o'clock and 9 o'clock are.
or if you are using a digital alarm clock v. old fashions wind up clock
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 09:45:51 AM »
How far can you walk into the woods?

1/2 way, then you are walking out.

if a daddy bull eats 2 bales of hay and a baby bull eats 1 bale of hay, how much does a mommy bull eat?

nothing, there's no such thing as a mommy bull, all bulls are male.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 10:09:49 AM »
This isn't quite a joke but it's still pretty good as a tricky question. 

Which US President was a King before becoming President?

The unlikely answer is, 'Gerald Ford'.  Young Gerry was adopted by the Fords.  The surname of his birth mother was King. 

turtleIScream

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 04:34:29 PM »
This one only works if spoken aloud:

A farmer has 20 sick sheep. 2 die. How many sheep does he still have?
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Addy

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 06:44:14 PM »

Ok, can you explain this one to the dumb person? I don't get it.

turtleIScream

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 06:49:29 PM »

Ok, can you explain this one to the dumb person? I don't get it.

A farmer has 26 sheep. 2 die. How many sheep does he still have?
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Miss Understood

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 09:27:55 PM »
Here's one that my brother stumped me with as a kid:

You are faced with two doors leading to either heaven or hell, both of which have a guard in front of them.  The doors are identical, as are the guards.  You are allowed to ask one question, of one guard.  The only thing you know is that one of them is bound to tell the truth, and the other is bound to tell a lie.  What is your question?

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 01:02:10 AM »

You are faced with two doors leading to either heaven or hell, both of which have a guard in front of them.  The doors are identical, as are the guards.  You are allowed to ask one question, of one guard.  The only thing you know is that one of them is bound to tell the truth, and the other is bound to tell a lie.  What is your question?

I think I remember this one - you ask either if the guard is lying or if they're telling the truth...can't quite remember which.
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

GreenBird

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2015, 01:18:16 AM »

I think I remember this one - you ask either if the guard is lying or if they're telling the truth...can't quite remember which.

I remember this one, and I learned the answer from watching Doctor Who!  You ask either one of the guards what the other guard will say if asked which is the door to heaven, then choose the opposite door.  If you've asked the Truth guard, he'll give you the door to hell, because that's what the Lying guard would tell you.  If you've asked the Lying guard, he'll also give you the door to hell, because that's not what the Truth guard would tell you.  Who says television isn't educational?   ;)

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2015, 08:55:12 AM »
What's brown and sticky?

.......a stick!
NE England

Miss Understood

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 12:23:44 PM »

I remember this one, and I learned the answer from watching Doctor Who!  You ask either one of the guards what the other guard will say if asked which is the door to heaven, then choose the opposite door.  If you've asked the Truth guard, he'll give you the door to hell, because that's what the Lying guard would tell you.  If you've asked the Lying guard, he'll also give you the door to hell, because that's not what the Truth guard would tell you.  Who says television isn't educational?   ;)

Ding ding ding!   :)

MariaE

• Super Hero!
  • So many books, so little time
« Reply #28 on: Today at 12:01:12 AM »

I remember it from the movie Labyrinth :)

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #29 on: Today at 12:14:27 AM »

My brain: "He has 20. Dead sheep are still sheep."  :P

When I was little (2nd or 3rd grade?) my dad asked me "When was The War of 1812?" I remember saying "I dunno. We haven't learned that yet!" He thought that was sooo funny but I got really mad. lol
Oregon