News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 28, 2015, 08:19:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...  (Read 28019 times)

Nikko-chan

Re: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...
« Reply #405 on: March 22, 2015, 02:01:06 AM »
Because he wants outside. At 5 am. What an ungodly hour....

magicdomino

• Super Hero!
« Reply #406 on: March 22, 2015, 10:33:21 AM »
Not shouting; more like an unhappy squeaking.  Nani was grabbed by a horrible rustling monster, that she couldn't shake off by running frantically through the house.  Hiding under the couch, Nani was telling me how scary it was while I carefully snipped the handle of the plastic bag.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #407 on: March 22, 2015, 10:22:39 PM »
Poor Nani!  Those Plastic Bag Monsters are terrifying!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chipmunky

« Reply #408 on: March 23, 2015, 08:29:22 AM »
Because my parents (aka, Grandma and that Hairless One Who Does Not Pet) came to visit yesterday.

Her Highness was good as gold letting Grandma pet her, and was quietly sleeping otherwise so as not to startle the Hairless Non Petter again (last time she did it, he turned around to see a 10 lb mini tiger flying at him. That kinda killed the relationship). Chubberkins does. not. care. She came over and laid down in between them, belly up, paws in the air, with the "rub my tummy" look.

However, after they left. Oh. My. Goodness. Her Highness started whining and crying that SHE wasn't admired ENOUGH and petted ENOUGH and fussed over ENOUGH by Grandma and the Non Petter. Oh, and jerks that we are, we would not let her outside to chase after the huge Canada Goose that was nibbling at the grass. The horror.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #409 on: March 23, 2015, 12:11:14 PM »
Jack was growling yesterday because we broke up a fight between him and Paddy. He was growling through a mouthful of Paddy's fur.

Neither one was hurt, but boy, were they inflated!
It is the policy of the United States Navy to neither confirm nor deny the presence of nuclear weapons aboard its vessels.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #410 on: March 23, 2015, 12:12:54 PM »
Let's see:

Gushifood - check
Crunchy food - check
Dog food to snack on - check
Cat water bowl full and clean - check
Dog water bowl full and clean - check
Litter box clean - check
Bedroom door open so he can sleep on the bed - check
Footstool in place so he can climb on the couch - check

And yet he is still yelling at me.

Maybe because there is suddenly snow on the ground and He Is Not In Favour Of This?

Or just to say "Hey, old cranky cat and I'm still alive over here! Still got a pulse, yep. Lookit me, still breathing!"

Maybe he's just singing a Song of Victory because he got me to do all that stuff for him. It is the Benediction of The Servant, acknowledging that I have Worshipped appropriately.
"I think her scattergun was only loaded with commas and full-stops, although some of them cuddled together for warmth and produced little baby colons and semi-colons." ~ Margo

greencat

« Reply #411 on: March 23, 2015, 12:18:00 PM »
I am on day 7 of being complained at by Siamese due to the unsuitability of the Different Food.   Sometimes all four of them meow at me in concert.  I was less deafened standing in front of the speaker stack at a rock festival.