News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 23, 2017, 04:11:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 411747 times)

Giraffe, Esq

Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1680 on: February 05, 2017, 11:12:57 PM »
I went to a Superbowl party and as people were leaving, a little girl (about 5 or 6?) came and told the host, "Thank you for having us."

The host responded, "Thank you for coming."

So naturally, she replied, "You're welcome!"

I think we kept our snickering hidden from her.   ;D

Team HoundMom

« Reply #1681 on: February 13, 2017, 03:00:15 PM »
Okay so my great-nephew is 7 years old.  It seems that he wasn't expecting a salami sandwich in his lunch the other day.  His mom found the uneaten sandwich after school with a note that said "W.T.F. is this meat?" and a sad-face.  Apparently "...when confronted he said the F stood for "frick", which somehow makes it okay." 

It's been a few days and I'm still laughing.

Addy

« Reply #1682 on: February 13, 2017, 04:40:48 PM »
Okay so my great-nephew is 7 years old.  It seems that he wasn't expecting a salami sandwich in his lunch the other day.  His mom found the uneaten sandwich after school with a note that said "W.T.F. is this meat?" and a sad-face.  Apparently "...when confronted he said the F stood for "frick", which somehow makes it okay." 

It's been a few days and I'm still laughing.

Ha! A friend of mine had a similar conversation with her teenager, where she said "either you know what it means and you shouldn't be using it, or you don't know what it means and you shouldn't use words that you don't know the meaning of."

mandycorn

« Reply #1683 on: February 14, 2017, 03:02:30 PM »
My three and a half year old nephew is learning (sort of) about secrets. His new favorite thing is to do something an announce that whichever parent is not in the room "will neeeeeever know" (you have to draw out the never).

So far Daddy will neeeever know that nephew carried the bag with his lunch in it from the car to the door, Mommy will neeeeever know that his dirty socks are in the laundry basket, and Daddy will neeeever know he and Mommy made dessert.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

Addy

« Reply #1684 on: February 15, 2017, 04:06:26 AM »
My three and a half year old nephew is learning (sort of) about secrets. His new favorite thing is to do something an announce that whichever parent is not in the room "will neeeeeever know" (you have to draw out the never).

So far Daddy will neeeever know that nephew carried the bag with his lunch in it from the car to the door, Mommy will neeeeever know that his dirty socks are in the laundry basket, and Daddy will neeeever know he and Mommy made dessert.

Awww, that's adorable.