News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 18, 2017, 10:29:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1316858 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #6930 on: Yesterday at 10:53:03 AM »
DH's cousin's infant has RSV, which is prevalent among babies and toddlers and causes an everlasting cold with accompanying congestion. Poor guy!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Chez Miriam

« Reply #6931 on: Yesterday at 11:16:58 AM »
I'm happy for Chipmunchkin, but feel very sorry for the baby mentioned by ladyknight1; I hate my congestion with a passion. :(
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

jpcher

« Reply #6932 on: Yesterday at 05:17:59 PM »
DH's cousin's infant has RSV, which is prevalent among babies and toddlers and causes an everlasting cold with accompanying congestion. Poor guy!

Thank goodness for my daycare providers who called me one day when DD#2 was about 3 months old. They were concerned because, when they changed her diaper, they saw that her chest was rising in a jagged motion when she took a breath, not smooth as is normal.

I took her to the Dr. and they immediately hospitalized her. I spent 2 nights and 3 days with her while they gave her medication through a breathing mask every two hours*. Then, when she came home, a therapist came to our house and taught me how to give her the medication which she was on for about a week before she was 'cured'.

Interesting that you say "everlasting cold" because she never showed overly congested cold symptoms. However, later in life (in High School), she was diagnosed with asthma. I never made the connection!

Hopefully your cousin's little guy will come out okay without any long lasting effects.

*This was 22 years ago, things might have changed since then.