Author Topic: HOA and the Neighbor April 2005  (Read 23687 times)

GlitterIsMyDrug

Re: HOA and the Neighbor April 2005
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 05:25:04 PM »
What in the world is a racist bagel? And can I have one?

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 05:31:37 PM »

Asharah

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
Racist bagels and a couple of other stories http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=578.msg6928#msg6928
Including the cavorting topless snowlady.

Here we have the school bus and Halloween costume issues. http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=576.msg6923#msg6923
Asharah

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »
Oh good! I finally get the racist bagels jokes!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Erich L-ster

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 09:04:58 PM »
Didn't this turn out to be a "creative writing" exercise, and why the OP is no longer on the forum?
I hate that. The ghost story thread has been totally ruined by that. I like a good true ghost story but there's an abundance of bad creative writing in there. I don't feel it's wrong to say so since I'm not pointing fingers (and it would definitely be more than one finger).

Nikko-chan

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »
More links please?  these are hilarious.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 10:12:13 PM »
Didn't this turn out to be a "creative writing" exercise, and why the OP is no longer on the forum?
I hate that. The ghost story thread has been totally ruined by that. I like a good true ghost story but there's an abundance of bad creative writing in there. I don't feel it's wrong to say so since I'm not pointing fingers (and it would definitely be more than one finger).

Some folks doing these "creative writing exercises" (nicer term than "trolling", I like it) should be fleshing out these stories and sending them to publishers, instead of trying to fool the internet.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

TylerBelle

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 11:40:22 PM »
4/1/2005, posted by Cskirspan

OK, so the houses are now being sold and occupied. The closest is about 500 yds. from the side of our garage.

I remember reading these stories years ago. Wow (whether true or embellished). Anyhoo, perhaps this is simple nitpicking, or I'm thinking it a typo, but it was said that the neighbors-in-question's house was 500 yards from the OP's house. That's close to a quarter mile in distance (or the length of 5 football fields). I wondered how could the neighbors monitor everything the OP and family did from that far away?
Always be on the lookout for wonder. --E.B. White

alkira6

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2013, 12:26:09 AM »
See, I bought into it, giving a little leeway for some "creative license" in the telling.  I have had neighbors who were bat poo crazy, the most recent being the woman who tormented my dog, killed my azaleas, and has been spotted/heard going to her mailbox in 6 inches of snow wearing booty shorts, furry slippers, a tank top, and clutching a ciggy in one hand and a scotch with the other while cursing at the top of her lungs.

She finally put up a fence because we were "invading her privacy" by using our patio.  This time it went up on her actual property line instead of halfway across our yard.

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »
See, I bought into it, giving a little leeway for some "creative license" in the telling.  I have had neighbors who were bat poo crazy, the most recent being the woman who tormented my dog, killed my azaleas, and has been spotted/heard going to her mailbox in 6 inches of snow wearing booty shorts, furry slippers, a tank top, and clutching a ciggy in one hand and a scotch with the other while cursing at the top of her lungs.

She finally put up a fence because we were "invading her privacy" by using our patio.  This time it went up on her actual property line instead of halfway across our yard.

The first part I could believe just because so many people are confused about what they can and can not tell a neighbor to do on their property.  It's been a  long time and I may eb wrong but I seem to recall some of these threads had to do with the HOA harassing the OP ( I know these say the HOA understood but in the originals not the summaries I could have sworn one was "how do I deal with a HOA I don't  belong to threatening me with legal action for not following their rules. They have sent me dozens of letters and don't listen when i tell them I do not belong to your association"?) 

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »
Yes, it was believable, because who hasn't had to deal with a bureaucracy that won't listen to what you're actually telling them? ("Yes, you will have to send us a cheque for -$5.21, because that's what our computer says you owe. Balance in your favor? We don't understand that concept.")
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

dirtyweasel

• Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2013, 09:11:11 PM »
How did people figure out it was a "creative writing" project?

Was it just all the stories combined or did the OP eventually give herself away?