Author Topic: Used it today with developers - Update Post 10  (Read 11704 times)

Ducky

• Yep Yep Yep
Re: Used it today with developers - Update Post 10
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 09:06:05 AM »
KeenReader, the neighbor isn't the issue.  She (the neighbor) was livid, but with the builder, not the OP.  Both the OP and the neighbor blame the builder for the flooding.  Not that MamaMootz shouldn't be prepared in case the neighbor's anger shifts, but in general, the neighbor has been fairly neighborly to her actual neighbors.

MamaMootz

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K....
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 12:51:55 AM »
The HoA is owned and run by the builder, actually, so getting them involved will not be helpful.

KeenReader, the neighbor isn't at all upset with me or my family over this, but she was rarin' to go against the builder - sorry if my post wasn't clear on that. She actually even "boo'd" my family his Halloween, so things are good between us - we both agree that the builder messed up here, though.

She never did put up the banner but I noticed she stopped trying to grow things in her yard so maybe she gave up. It will probably resurface again this spring.
"I like pie" - DD's Patented Bean Dip Maneuver

Marisol

• with a parasol.
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 08:02:22 AM »
Is she always flooding even if it doesn't rain?  When I hear a yard is flooding it signals that the drainage for the area was not properly assessed.  Either they don't have enough storage in their storm water ponds, or they did not create proper ditches and/or sewers.  Or someone decided to fill in their backyard without a permit.  But I've never heard of a sprinkler causing flooding unless it was left running for hours and hours.  This definitely is poor project planning by the builders.  Has she contacted the local or state water management yet?  They are responsible for permitting developments and they should be made aware of the builders follies.