Author Topic: I used silence....  (Read 2627 times)

mumma to KMC

I used silence....
« on: May 29, 2009, 01:12:03 PM »
with my sister when she said some rude rude things about my husband and myself on her blog. I was going to confront her, my husband was going to write a letter, but we decided to "sit on it" for a while and didn't say anything for the moment and that was almost a year ago. Silence has worked best. Then...

....Shortly before Easter my mom asked why I wouldn't "friend" my sister on Facebook. While my mom knows my sister and I don't get along, I never discuss the situation with my mom. Of course, being that my mom is just this side of computer illiterate, I know she was told by my sister that I didn't friend her. I told my mom that it is something I don't want to discuss with her because I don't want her in the middle.

Did I violate the "silence" code? I don't think I did. Of course, I did want to show my mom what my sister had written and when I went to the site that had the blog, her account was no more. Interesting. Now I am glad that I didn't say anything to my mom.

RooRoo

• Iím out of my mind. Please leave a message.
Re: I used silence....
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 01:30:08 PM »
I told my mom that it is something I don't want to discuss with her because I don't want her in the middle.

You did very well! There would probably be fewer family-wide squabbles if we all did this.

I also think you did well to ignore your sister badmouthing you on her blog. You have opened up cyberspace to the use of "Complete Silence!"

So, no, you didn't "break the code." After all, it was your sister who deserved the "silence" reaction, not your mother.

In case you missed it, which you probably didn't, "Complete Silence" is not the same thing as "the silent treatment." Reacting to a rude remark with silence is E-hell approved; refusing to speak to someone at all is not.

Have fun here! I do!

"Someday we must write a book of Etiquette for sensible people," said Mrs. Morland, "though apart from a few rules it really boils down to an educated mind and a kind heart." ~ Angela Thirkell, Never Too Late

Shortcake

Re: I used silence....
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 01:24:36 PM »
No, you didn't break the silence code. You did great!
"Carry out a random act of kindness, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  Princess Diana