Author Topic: i guess i can't just be angry at my daughter  (Read 8824 times)

Azrail

• 'If all the insects on earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on earth would disappear. If all humans disappeared, within 50 years all species would flourish as never before.'
  • Sometimes square parents have round babies.
Re: i guess i can't just be angry at my daughter
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 12:07:31 AM »
Any person who would say that I should have aborted my son would NEVER be allowed in my home again.  Ever! 

Exactly. Now you have a concrete reason to have nothing to do with this woman. You don't ever have to speak to her again.
Wherever you are... that's where you happen to have gone.

pootbear

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »
i didn't discuss my daughter's behavior with her. i told her, when she asked me what was wrong, that i am fed up with daughter's attitude, i didn't give her any details. it was just a brief explanation for my anger. i never discuss anything with her, because her constant opinions are not something i care to hear.

You already don't like this woman & she's said stuff like this iin the past.  A simple "Just some personal issue, nothing for you to be concerned about" is all the info she probably should've gotten. 

I'll bet we've all been in situations where looking back we wished we'd come up with a deflecting phrase like this one at the time. That's one reason that thinking/posting about what happened to someone else and what could have been done better is a great learning experience for us all. There's not much one can do about going back a dealing with a casual Acquaintance who made such a boorish bad joke but going forward, I'm sure she's got some good ideas on how to handle her in the future.

Meanwhile, I hope the OP went back to her daughter as THAT's the relationship that counts and explained WHY parents have to keep an eye on what their kids are doing on the 'net and why it's so important, especially now when times are hard that families hang together and speak kindly and respectfully to each other.  But as 14 year olds are well, 14 year olds, the 'kindly speech and respect' may take a while to be appreciated. PB

LendaBee

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 12:49:27 PM »
Find quality people to be friends with, that "individual" is someone I would not be speaking to, be around or allow my family to be around.  You're known by the company you keep, do you really want people to link the two of you together as being friends?  That person can't even be a friend to her own children, never mind anyone else.

Shortcake

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 09:25:41 AM »
i didn't discuss my daughter's behavior with her. i told her, when she asked me what was wrong, that i am fed up with daughter's attitude, i didn't give her any details. it was just a brief explanation for my anger. i never discuss anything with her, because her constant opinions are not something i care to hear.

You already don't like this woman & she's said stuff like this iin the past.  A simple "Just some personal issue, nothing for you to be concerned about" is all the info she probably should've gotten. 

I'll bet we've all been in situations where looking back we wished we'd come up with a deflecting phrase like this one at the time. That's one reason that thinking/posting about what happened to someone else and what could have been done better is a great learning experience for us all. There's not much one can do about going back a dealing with a casual Acquaintance who made such a boorish bad joke but going forward, I'm sure she's got some good ideas on how to handle her in the future.

Meanwhile, I hope the OP went back to her daughter as THAT's the rel@tionship that counts and explained WHY parents have to keep an eye on what their kids are doing on the 'net and why it's so important, especially now when times are hard that families hang together and speak kindly and respectfully to each other.  But as 14 year olds are well, 14 year olds, the 'kindly speech and respect' may take a while to be appreciated. PB

Well said pootbear!! ITA!
"Carry out a random act of kindness, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  Princess Diana

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 04:23:36 PM »
i think it would be perfectly fine to say to her  "go home"  and then for you to walk inside.

i loathe when people talk about killing their kids

I'm with Petal.

You:  Excuse me?!
Her:  I was only joking!
You:  That's not funny at all.  You need to leave now, and please don't come back.  You're not welcome here. 
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Stouthunter

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 12:48:51 AM »
For the daughter:

http://www.netnanny.com/products/netnanny/long
http://www.kidswatch.com/?gclid=CPer2ZmO-psCFSMSagodFjha-w
http://www.cybersitter.com/?gclid=COGiz6KO-psCFQ9Jagod8xsdAA

For the neighbor:
"                                                                     "

Cherry

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 05:37:31 PM »
Saying that someone should have been killed is never a joke. Death is never a joke. I feel bad for this woman's children.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 05:43:05 PM »
That is awful.

Ugh. How disgusting.

Maybe I'm just sensitive, but this along the same lines as, when my cousin had her baby, she had previously thought about termination. She decided against it, and has always been a great mom.

When Baby was about 9 y.o. Cousin's BIL was talking about some parenting thing, and Cousin gave her opinion, so he shot back "What would you know, you wanted to get rid of yours." With Baby standing right there beside her mother's chair.

Its terrible what people will say. I'm so sorry you ahd to deal with this, OP.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Danismom

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 10:16:15 PM »
I also agree that you and DF need to discuss ending this friendship. 

Perhaps I misread, but it looks like this woman is DF's friend, not really yours.  Personally, I find it a little odd that your DF has this annoying woman over at your house all the time like you described, especially when she makes such unkind remarks about your DD. 

If so, he needs to be the one to stand up for you and tell this woman she is no longer welcome at your home.  You can tell her the comments are inappropriate and unwelcome but you both need to be okay with kicking her out permanently.