Etiquette School is in session! > Complete Silence

"I may be fat, but at least people know I'm fat and I don't just look pregnant!"

(1/5) > >>

xoxotvf:
So I go to the grocery store (Harris Teeter) in a good mood and leave feeling sucky. Why? Because of this woman in those dingdangity scooter shopping carts (in one because she is heavy).

I am looking at bread and deciding which kind to, since there are so many choices, multigrain, wheat, honey wheat, potato..... I'm minding my own business when I hear

"Ahhhhh hEMM" -This woman clears her throat. I figure she wants to look at the section I am looking at, so I move down about four feet to look at the other brands.
She scoots her cart forward until it's almost touching me and again,

"Ahhhh HE HEEEEEEEEMMM!" even more loudly. So I figure she wants to ask me something so I'm like,

"Yes?"

"YES? YES? You're in my way. I'm fat, but at least people know I'm fat and I don't just look pregnant!" She says.

I'm thinking, what the hell? Again she clears her throat.

"NOW MOVE and stop trying to make my life harder than it already is."

Then I figure it out and step back. She didn't want me to move to the right. For some reason she couldn't reverse the cart to go past me- or go around me when I was four more feet away. I had to move completely back.

I know I have a bit of a pooch. I am working on it. Honestly, I am, but the weight all settles in my stomach. If my legs and arms were thicker, I guess I wouldn't have to worry about it. I am down to 157 pounds now and 5'9." I was feeling really proud of myself, but now I just feel awful. To make matters worse I am very bloated since it's that time, you know. I didn't know what to say or how to react.

mechtilde:
A simple "Excuse me could you move in x direction please?" would have sufficed.

What was that woman thinking of? I'm finding it hard to get my head around it.

xoxotvf:
My mom tried to comfort me by saying, "if you really looked pregnant she might not have been so mean." Did they just spray pesticides or something over the town? What?? I think she was trying to say that I don't look pregnant, otherwise the woman would have just assumed I was...

Suze:
157 and 5'9"  (I WISH)

I'd think you are just about "right" in the weight deptment.

I'm 5'6" and 209 and only WISH my weight started with a 1 (I'm working on it too but it is not going well)

Women in the cart was not a very nice person and should be ignored and forgotten.

{{{{hugs}}}}

lady_disdain:
What a rude, entitled creature!

She was out to hurt you - don't let her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version