Its our turn to host our "dinner group" (we basically just take turns inviting and hosting naturally with no real roster or anything like that).
My idea for the dinner was tapas style dishes. I mainly think of this because I purchased a great cute set of dishes so I currently have 25 each of mini blue plates, red plates, green plates, and yellow plates. There will be 8 people total and my idea was to do "small plates" and make about 4-5-6 dishes and plate then of the small plates. Place the plates on the banquet and allow people to chose for themselves for the main "dinner". Before dinner I plan to do the glass of wine/cocktail and cheese/fruit/veggie platter thing while we chat and catch up.
I was tossing these dishes around my mind for the mini plates
1. Salad- baby greens (fresh from my own backyard picked right before making!), maybe somthing fun like dried cranberries or almond slices, and a nice dressing.
2. Scallops wrapped in bacon- I am thinking 3 to a small plate or so (too little too much?)
3. Sirloin/filet (depending on what the market has)- perhaps in "kabob" form with veggies-- one/two good sized kabob(s) per small plate
4. Chicken Terikey on rice-- I am thinking maybe 3-4 ounces of chicken on a cup or cup and a half of rice
5. Salmon with leeks, onions, and lemons-- 3-4 ounces, good amount of veggies
6. Veggie stir fry on rice-- good mix on white rice
Does this sound cute/fun? I have thought of the making of everything.... and it would be easily down with our equipment and time frame. I love "mini" food and think it would be a great time.
Does this sound like I will be able to feed them enough (I will have home made challah bread with dinner, individual sized to encourage eating!) and also a berries/mouse dessert for dinner.
Fire away please