Author Topic: My bean dip success - thanks EHell!  (Read 4852 times)

pollywog

My bean dip success - thanks EHell!
« on: June 09, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »
BG:  My mother watches my little girl 3 days a week.  My mother is on disablilty for a back condition, and has fibromyalgia. 
DF is currently not employed on a regular schedule and is home at least part of many days with my mom and daughter, though sometimes he has errands to run, etc, that keep him away from home most of the day.

end BG.

Yesterday, I came home from work to my mother fuming.
Mom:  Where is DF?
Me: I think at friend's house.  Friend just got back from long trip and they want to catch up.
Mom:  Why didn't you tell him I needed him here this afternoon.  You knew my FM was flaired up!
Me:  Why didn't you tell him that when you saw him this morning?  I didn't know he wouldn't be here and that you needed him.
Mom: I told you on Saturday I was on a new medication and I was sore.
Me:  You should have told him that this morning when you saw him, so he knew to be here for you.
Mom:  Well, he's your partner, you should have told him!
Me:  So, the dog really needs a bath, huh?  She smells terrible!
Mom:  Yes she does...do you know what BabyWog did today, it was so cute....

Thank you ehell for helping me understand the nature and effectiveness of bean dip!

Shortcake

Re: My bean dip success - thanks EHell!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 11:03:56 AM »
That was a great success! You not only politely bean dipped your mom, but you also politely put the responsibility back on her to tell your DF what she needs!

I have FM and a back condition like your mother. I agree with you; if she was in too much pain to care for your little girl, she needed to tell your DF before he left. It isn't fair to expect others to "know" when you need help.

I am glad you were able to get her off the subject!
"Carry out a random act of kindness, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  Princess Diana

Sparkle Star

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 05:17:41 PM »
That's great, Pollywog. A perfect example for us amateurs who have only recently come to know 'beandipping'!
Well done!  :)
Love, dance and chocolate fudge cake - what more do I need?

D.Teext

My bean dip success thanks EHell
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 09:11:35 PM »
Sounds great

I make things like that for burrito filling too..gr8 stuff.

look in the tunk

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »
Nicely done!