Author Topic: I wish he'd had said it!  (Read 5910 times)

rhirhi

Re: I wish he'd had said it!
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 06:54:37 PM »
I just find it strange that they canceled an appointment without calling the patient first to confirm that they had, indeed meant to cancel it or that it was actually you that had called.

My name is not common, and my ped and OB receptionists know me rather well, HOWEVER, I still must confirm a cancellation with DOB and last four to them personally. Now, if you call the day or two before and leave a message and they can't get you, they will not charge for the appointment (assuming >24hour notice) but they don't take your name out of the system (cool that someone still uses a book, though) until they get you on the phone to confirm.

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 07:10:54 PM »
I just find it strange that they canceled an appointment without calling the patient first to confirm that they had, indeed meant to cancel it or that it was actually you that had called.

I have never had someone call to confirm I'd canceled an appointment, I've had them call to remind me of an appointment, or asking me to schedule one, but not to make sure it was really *me* canceling it.  I'd find it kind of odd if they did actually.

rhirhi

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 08:17:36 PM »

I have never had someone call to confirm I'd canceled an appointment, I've had them call to remind me of an appointment, or asking me to schedule one, but not to make sure it was really *me* canceling it.  I'd find it kind of odd if they did actually.

Well, I mean canceling from a VM, not a second call from them after I talked to a person. I'm on another board where they have toxic family members that have called places pretending to be the person in question and have changed, canceled, and made new appointments on VM (because they don't have the info to verify the right way)

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 10:02:44 PM »

Well, I mean canceling from a VM, not a second call from them after I talked to a person. I'm on another board where they have toxic family members that have called places pretending to be the person in question and have changed, canceled, and made new appointments on VM (because they don't have the info to verify the right way)

Wow I never thought of that....how horrible!

crazedartist

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 04:42:36 PM »
... called places pretending to be the person in question and have changed, canceled, and made new appointments on VM...
Now imagine someone making you an appointment at a place that has a $50 cancellation fee.

As for the OP, like others, I am left wondering what's so offensive about his reply.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 04:50:09 PM »
... called places pretending to be the person in question and have changed, canceled, and made new appointments on VM...
Now imagine someone making you an appointment at a place that has a $50 cancellation fee.

As for the OP, like others, I am left wondering what's so offensive about his reply.

The OP has answered that question. 

crazedartist

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 05:17:01 PM »
Ah, I saw the first few replies and missed the one that it was perceptibly sarcastic. Nevermind that part, then!

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 11:25:58 PM »
I really don't see the problem. You said you thought it was sarcastic, I just don't see it that way. I think you're kind of overreacting.

Ed.