Author Topic: Tee hee I used it!  (Read 2818 times)

TeraNova15

• I aim to misbehave.
Tee hee I used it!
« on: June 29, 2009, 04:27:45 PM »
I know at the beginning of the year just about every vacation day I'm going to take (with a few reserved for sick days and special occasions). I put them in at the first opportunity so I can buy plane tickets, make reservations on my schedule. One day I always take off is my birthday, which I make a point to sit and do nothing until I leave the house in the evening for my karaoke shindig. This year birthday was on Saturday so I took off on Friday to do nothing but sleep and eat all day (my sister calls it my panda impersonation  ;D ).

Supervisor is lousy at keeping track of requested time off. She suddenly realized that only 2 people would be in the office on Friday. Everyone else had requested the time off after I did. But I'm the only "B" personality in a group of "A" personalities so sometimes they think I can be pushed around. Now *IF* she had said something on Thursday I might have considered helping out with some of the time sensitive work in the morning then taken the rest of the day to be lazy. HOWEVER this is what happens:

**Cell phone rings @ 7AM**

SleepyTera - "Hello?"
Disorganized Boss - "Hey its BossName Oh hope I didn't wake you up"
ST - "**mumbled something incoherent**"
DB - "We have more people out today than I thought, can you log in from home for an hour or two?"
ST- "Uhhh...no...I don't think that'll be possible"
DB- "Uh...really?"
ST- "Yeah, can't do it, sorry, plans"
DB - "Oh you have plans?"
ST- "Yup, gotta get a move on soon"
DB- "OK, I'll try OtherEmployee, have a nice weekend!"
ST- "You too"
***Click***
::SleepyTera dreams of bacon and eggs and karaoke::

>:D

Shortcake

Re: Tee hee I used it!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:51:40 PM »
That was quick thinking for a person who just woke up! Way to go!  8)
"Carry out a random act of kindness, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  Princess Diana

PitBullMom

• Punish the deed, not the breed!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »
Good for you!  A polite, concise way to let your boss know you won't be taken advantage of. 

Hope your birthday was great!

*From another huge karaoke fan*
~PitBullMom

Don't breed or buy while homeless pets die.  Adopt your soul pet at your local animal shelter.

rhirhi

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 02:37:22 PM »
Can you train my DuH? Saturday, same thing happened- and he said yes (we had plans) and didn't understand why I was mad! (We have two kids under three, and I'm pregnant- I do NOT want to go out alone)